Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wannabebig Christmas giveaway! - Win AtLarge Nutrition products!

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    Because I was introduced to WannaBeBig before I even started playing with weights, I had the luck to prepare myself for the iron game. I am really impressed by the great community that comes across the forum and that makes it possible for knowledge and experience to be regularly shared by, and for, weight lifters from all across the world. The monthly articles are also very interesting. I have never lost time training my upper pectorals or trying to get that bigger bicep peak; I instead won a lot of time practicing what became my favorite lift, the deadlift. Whenever I am curious about a specific subject, I can always count on the search function to provide me with information of interest and quality. When I’ll be ready for bulking, I’ll know for sure that my efforts will be aimed in the right direction and I will certainly achieve my personal goals. WannaBeBig definitively has the best weight lifting forum.
    Last edited by Bruise Brubaker; 12-16-2005 at 10:12 PM.

TO WBB:

Whether or not there is a giveaway, I think this is just a great time to tell you all that work so hard to keep WBB up and running what a great job you all do and how thankful I am to have WBB in my life.

Like many I have struggled with my self image since I was young and have tried every wrong way to make myself into a hott babe. WBB has not only provided me with the tools and knowledge to become not just a hott babe, but hopefully a hott fitness babe in the year to come, but also introduced me to my own personal traininer (getfit ) and a nutritionist (Built aka Google ) (thanks you two for all your help as well),and has provided motivation and inspiration.

On behalf of my boyfriend who could not be more happier with the results you all have been able to help me achieve and of course on behalf of my much more muscular and strong body, I thank you and Wish you all Happy Holidays!

Best Wishes,
    Kristina
    Live Love Laugh and LIFT

Squat: 145X6
    Bench: 100X6
    BO Row: 115X6

Journal

some excellent entries so far....

tick..... tick.....
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

The Wannabebig forums have helped me a great deal in the 2 years i have belonged to this forum. WHen I first started here i had no idea about nutrition or proper lifting technique. Through the help of the forums and its many knowledgable members my knowledge of these topics have increased a great deal. The members here all support each other, and help keep each other on track. THis forum to me seems to be almost like one big family spread across the globe.

Gonadius Maximus
    If you wanna be big then wannabebig.com is the best bodybuilding forum for you. You can get pumped up on Inspiration alone.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Be still my heart.
    Twisted comes through with a positive, uplisting post.
    Somewhere in Hell; a vicious snowball fight has commenced.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    WBB started out as my mistress forum: I found out about it from a forum I thought I'd be loyal to for life. How things change! A quick browse through the pages at Wanna Be Big revealed several things: that I had been wasting my money on supplements I didn't need (squats work better than supplements, you know), that the resources available to amateur lifters are far more expansive than I had previously imagined, and that curling isn’t the epitome of body building . Having participated on WBB for several months I am very glad to have discovered that the people I had always wanted to ask for advice in the gym hang out on these forums and are friendly and helpful to boot! The progress I am making at the gym with the support of WBB members and resources is worth much more to me than words can tell.

Extremely grateful to my mistress forum,
    TwiloMike
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 12-20-2005 at 08:26 AM.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

My search for this forum took me two long years. My wants were simple: precise information, reliable feeback, and a sense of community respect. I found all that and more in August '04. This site goes above and beyond simple training splits and creatine reviews. From naive beginners to hardcore iron addicts, this is the place in online training. Wannabebig is my virtual weightroom.

Thank you, thank you very much.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

Want - To desire greatly; wish for
    To - In a direction toward so as to reach
    Be - To exist in actuality; have life or reality
    Big - Of considerable size, number, quantity, magnitude, or extent; large

To be honest the only reason I stumbled across this site was because my brother had it bookmarked and I was bored one day. I had no interest in lifting weights or being healthy.

WBB to me, if anything, is an escape from reality. The members here don't care if you're black or white, 15 years old or 50, can bench 100lbs or 300lbs. Everyone tries to chip in on any question asked, which is what makes this place great. The vast amount of knowledge from the old schoolers as well as the new comers never ceases to amaze me. Not only do you get a quick reply, but you get about 5 accurate ones.

Do yourself a favor, join WBB.

For the past four years of my life I have been dedicated to fitness and nutrition. Looking to further my knowledge in these two fields, I searched the internet for a website/forums that would allow me to learn more about how I could lead an even healthier life. After reading a few posts on WannaBeBigForums.com I was convinced that this was exactly what I was looking for. I find that there is nothing that the veteran members won't help me with, and that has provided the site with a friendly atmosphere that draws me to visit it each and every day. Since joining, my workout routines have greatly improved and I have a confidence in myself that I never had before. I feel as though this website/forum is perfect for anyone looking to increase their strength, fitness and all-around way of life.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Not part of my entry)
    Obviously I have not been apart of this community very long and I have not posted that much. However, I visit almost every day to read what everyone has to say so as to learn more about what I can do to become stronger and healthier.

Ever since I was young, I have struggled with my weight. I dreaded the embarrassing visits to the doctor and the inevitable moment I would step up on the scale. I knew I had to change my lifestyle and start a long-term commitment onto a healthier life and better body. My friend recommended me to the Wannabebigforums site in hopes it could motivate me and provide me with the knowledge I need to accomplish the goals I set for myself. I quickly joined up and became amazed at all the knowledge and help being passed around the site. I knew this was where I had to be in order to achieve my goals. Several months later I type this with the best body I have ever had and several hundred new friends. This is not just another forum its a community.

For a few years in grade school I was the smallest kid in the grade, not just the smallest of the boys, the smallest of all the kids. I was short and very thin, and my confidence was just as small. When I was finishing up high school my height finally wasn't a issue, but my weight was still very low. I tried working out and getting bigger but the size didn't come. For a few years I gained very little weight and my strength didn't increase. I turned to the internet only to find countless webpages that only wanted to sell me something and offer only the advice that would help them sell their products.

One afternoon I came across the Wannabebig website and knew that I had found what I was missing. I got great advice on everything from working out, nutrition, great workout supplements from At large Nutrition, and even how to fix my car in the general chat forum. As a result I have gained 20 lbs. of lean muscle and my max lifts are proof of my hard work and from the advice that I got from Wannabebig. I put in the work, but Wannabebig gave me the information I needed to get it done.
    Thanks Wannabebig!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Some good stories in here guys.
    Last edited by SW; 12-20-2005 at 06:00 PM.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Banned
    In this game we play be it for powerlifting or bodybuilding alike we all have a common goal. That goal is simple: To better ourselves, In look, In strength or just mentally. This website has helped me from my early days of lifting, and has put me that much closer to The Iron Grail. It has also put me in contact of other sick minds that are on the same quest for power. Even though our goals differ from lifter to lifter, soldier to solider our end goal is simple: To NOT Settle for what we have currently, to step up to the test of time when our bodies creak and age and say "Step off bitch, I want more!".

In this crazy world in which we live, nothing can be certain and almost nothing is ever the same. Honestly I think what all we "sick minded" meat-heads love about what it is we do is simple. We love the fact 45 pounds in always gonna be 45 pounds. It don't matter if your girlfriend leaves you, your best friend dies and your parents hate you. 45 pounds is always there for you. To look at you and say "Lets take it to the breaking point and beyond."

This is what I live for...This is what I stand for.
    Can you relate?

I can't buy normal clothes.

I get weird looks when I buy groceries.

I get weirder looks when I don't need any help carrying it all to the car.

Everybody laughs at my lunches.

The fat ladies at the office all secretly hate me, and only give me compliments when I'm bulking because they think it'll make me eat more.

Thank you wannabebig!

The contest is now officially ended. Thank you for your entries and we will announce the winners tomorrow.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

winners have just been announced!!!

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=73040

Congratulations to those that won.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal