Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning up the heat

Turning up the heat

Out of curiousity, what temp. do you set your thermostat at while you sleep? I set mine at 17C/ 63F. I would actually drop it lower but the wife is already whining about how cheap I am/how cold it is. I absolutely hate hearing the furnace kick on. I can just hear the dollars burning away.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    LOL I hear you. We keep it at 63 or 65. Consider buying your wife an extra comforter and some wool socks to sleep in as a gift?
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I like to keep it cool because its soo comfortable to bundle up in extra blankets. plus I'm pretty warm blooded and don't get cold often.

If MrsWebb whines I just smack her. just kidding.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

i live in dorms and everything is paid for
    so my room is 75 degrees day in and day out during winter
    I don't have time. I make time.

Yup, 17c/63f sounds perfect. It just gets a bit expensive in the summer when the air conditioning is on.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

around 65, i also have a heating blanket so it keeps me nice and toasty
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I'm with Mrs. Webb on this one. No need for heat when you have tons of blankets. I don't know why it is but I prefer it to 'some heat with few blankets'. Of course this may not apply when you're in a place where it gets sub-freezing or anything.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I'm with Mrs. Webb on this one. No need for heat when you have tons of blankets. I don't know why it is but I prefer it to 'some heat with few blankets'. Of course this may not apply when you're in a place where it gets sub-freezing or anything.
    you should spend 5-6 months of winter here, you'll love it
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

65 F
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    I like to keep it cool because its soo comfortable to bundle up in extra blankets. plus I'm pretty warm blooded and don't get cold often. .
    :withstupi
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    If MrsWebb whines I just smack her. just kidding.
    :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi

We're usually setting it at 16C during the night, but it never seems to actually drop below 17C. I LOVE having a programmable thermostat...go to bed and it cools down and I don't even notice, wake up and it's just right

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    around 65, i also have a heating blanket so it keeps me nice and toasty
    I have heard of such blankets but hever tried one. Do they come in Queen size?
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Heating blankets cause cancer, eh.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    I have heard of such blankets but hever tried one. Do they come in Queen size?
    yep, mine is.

http://www.frontgate.com/fg/pdp.jsp?...NEXTAG&afsrc=1

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wow.. very cool! Thanks getfit! I'll prolly get one.

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Wow.. very cool! Thanks getfit! I'll prolly get one.
    they're a little pricey, but so worth it, especially living in Canada.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I have no clue what its at. My thermostats around the house are broken.. its more of an on/off sitation with the electric heaters in the room. Above 80F they kick in, below.. well.. I've had ice form in the room with the thermostat set on 70F.
    Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex - Karl Marx

65-70ish,

but I still sleep with my fan on
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I sleep @ 65, during the day 70.

Anything higher than 20c/68f and I'm sweating like a pig.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Back home I used to have my windows open when it was -15-20*C outside. I can't sleep unless it's cold in my bedroom, plus it makes it more cozy to snuggle up in the blankets.

In sydney, I'm dying because of the heat. Everyday is like 30+*C.

Probably around 70-72. My apartment isn't that expensive to heat. I also keep a fan on me. Very comfy.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Since my dad is still paying the heating bill, nothing over 65 is ever acceptable. So thats the warmest the house ever gets... and since we just bought it and the people who owned it were about a wet match in damp cave everything is messed up. The house is really old so there was no insulation at all. It uses radiator heat which is very warm (when its set above 65) but none of the floor have insulation under them so the floors on the bottom floor are always freezing. Thats why I spend most of my time upstairs where it stays 75ish because all the heat rises up.

It was 30c and overcast here today. What cold?

I prefer things on the cool side. During mid winter I sleep with the heat on 15C, but I've yet to turn it on yet.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Are you kidding? I don't even turn on the heat at night! My girlfriend's body radiates heat and she wants to be all up on me when we sleep, so that's enough... When we wake up, the temp is usually around 60 or 58. But we're all warm in the bed with the goosedown blanket and her absolute freakish heat radiation. The only problem is when you have to get up and take a shower in the morning. You don't want to get out of the bed... It's so warm and cozy!