The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    No Information Provided

Nagging shoulder pain

With my current routine, my shoulder never seems to quite recover fully. Workouts often end with some kind of mild pain or discomfort in at least one of my shoulders. And this is all without any over head pressing or shoulder isolation, just standard compounds such as different angle benching, rows, pull downs, and a few isolation exercises thrown in such as curls/push downs etc. My over all volume is about the same as used in WBB1.

Given that my shoulders seems to be pushed to the brink of injury with my current routine, is it possible that I don't need to be doing any shoulder isolation? If that's not the case, does anybody have any ideas as how to change my training to better focus on my shoulders without risking injury? I'm at the point where I am sometimes even being forced to reduce intensity/volume on push/pull movements, let alone doing military presses.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    ETS my friend.
    It's no bull****.
    I'm out of it currently and am paying the price. Read my journal a few posts back if you want my take on it.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

This article might help you, it has a decent section on shoulder flexibility and preventing injuries.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=818555

Why dont you stop working shoulders until they heal?

Do some research on Shoulder Impingement Syndrome then get with a good Physical Therapist who specializes in shoulders.

Shoulders are second only to the the back as far as areas of the body that you do not want to mess with.