The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Traveling w/no access to gym

Before continuing, I'll note that I've been browsing this fine board for a few days ever since finding it through Google and I'd like to say hello

Now to business :o I'll be traveling for the next 6 weeks and will most likely not be able to access the necessities of a gym. I was wondering what you're thoughts are on the calisthentic replacement regimen. This is what I'll be doing 2-3 days a week:

- Body-weight squats (3 sets of 75; last set to failiure)
    - Hand-stand Push-ups (5 sets of 15; last set to failiure)
    - Dips (3 sets of 20; last set to failiure)
    - Standard Push-ups (alternating days 4 sets of 75/3 sets of 100; last set to failiure)

I'd be interested in your suggestions as I would like to modify this regimen so that I can essentially step back into line without losing step

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Soca King

Let me say welcome to the family

Before you leave for your trip while what you got is good,try to see if you can buy an ab wheel(those ab wheels really give the belly a workout)and some resistance tubing for working the arms, shoulders, & chest.A fitness equipment store should have both the ab wheel and the resistance tubing I spoke of.

Peace out

If I were you, I'd go to a medical supply store and get some thera-band (elastic resistance bands). They will obviously not be the same as db's, but they will add resistance beyond your bodyweight and they take up virtually no space in the suitcases

Ii don't know your whole situation but anyone can get to a gym - you will just have to pay the daily fee around $5.00 to 10.00. They might let you workout for free. Look the gym up such as Powerhouse Gym, Gold's Gym or whatever. Get in to any of the gyms while you are away (if you can).

MACHINE

Re: Traveling w/no access to gym

Originally posted by oarsman
    I'll be traveling for the next 6 weeks and will most likely not be able to access the necessities of a gym.
    Why exactly will a gym be inaccessible? I travel for work every week and wherever I go, I can find a gym. If it's not a hotel gym, it's a local gym in whatever city I'm in.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Maybe he really doesn't have acces to a gym, or maybe he'd rather spend the daily fees of going to a gym on something else.

I think getting the elastic resistance bands sounds like a good plan. They might take a few to get used to though.

All: Thanks for the input

@ Big Show, w8lifter, syntekz

Yes the resistance tubing/medical elastic sound good. I'm gettin revved up to MacGyver it

@ gino, terryray

Aside from the fact that I'll be in some odd places in Europe, I'm looking at this to practice a college friend's dictum that you've got to get the workout done gym or no gym. If it presents itself as feasible, then I certainly will be gym bound

Wannabebig Member
    check out www.trainforstrength.com for great body weight workouts. These are more geared to strenght and conditioning then mass building, but still great for the road.
    Teenidol1

"You can say whatever you want. But you would still be wrong, of course." -Henry Rollins

Hell is other people- Jean-Paul Sartre

Elastic bands is a good idea. You can get them from elitefts.com go tto the shopping cart and acesories. I have the minis and greens and they are very strong. You can do upper body and lower body workouts with them.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style