Thread: Calisthenics vs Weights

remove

n/m
    Last edited by frankm007; 12-24-2006 at 01:14 PM.

i dont think you will see the same size and strenght gains as you would with weights. but hey handstand push-ups will get the girls looking haha
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

There are a lot of great bodyweight exercises. Of course it'll work, but just like anything else, you'll have to mix it up somehow eventually.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Pull ups are one of the best exercise you can do in the gym, the same goes for dips, do them.

eventually your going to have to add weight. idk how ur gonna add weight on for hand stand pushups

weighting the pull ups would be easy and safe, but i sure as **** wouldnt want to go for a ride head first into the ground with weight attatched to me...
    Last edited by jack_of_all; 12-24-2005 at 04:15 PM.

well it wouldn't be that bad to add weights.. ankle weights.. thigh weights, weight vests.. be a little costly though.
    I don't have time. I make time.