The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

I think I need to lift twice a day.

The reason for this is that I only have 30 minutes (at the most) at my school gym to lift. I'm not even doing that much volume at the moment, it's just that there's no way I can finish in 30 minutes. And most of you can probably finish lifting faster than I can, but I like to rest a lot during my workouts...especially with things like squats, deadlifts, dips, and chinups.

And the reason I'm doing these short little full-body sessions is because time is an issue.

How would this be:

~Monday morning~
    ---Heavy Squats
    ---Rows

~Monday afternoon~
    ---Speed Bench
    ---Military Press

~Wednesday morning~
    ---Heavy Bench
    ---Speed Deadlifts

~Wednesday afternoon~
    ---Chinups
    ---Lunges

~Friday morning~
    ---Heavy Deadlifts
    ---Dips

~Friday afternoon~
    ---Speed Squats

Would this be a bad idea? Btw, I AM focusing on diet and rest and the important stuff, but it's annoying only being able to do 2 lifts a day, or 3 if I chop down the sets.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 09-04-2005 at 12:21 AM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Why do you have so little time? At school I have an hour and a half to lift.

lift once a day but ifu ned to lift 2 times then do upper body lower body

You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    ur pritty young, i would recomend getting a home gym or getting a member ship at the YMCA, if i were you, i wouldnt separate the lifting, do it all at once, and im no expert, but u might be over lifting, and u might wear ur self out, anyone think im wrong or right, im not sure, just what iv herd

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
    ur pritty young, i would recomend getting a home gym or getting a member ship at the YMCA, if i were you, i wouldnt separate the lifting, do it all at once, and im no expert, but u might be over lifting, and u might wear ur self out, anyone think im wrong or right, im not sure, just what iv herd
    he workouts at home!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

rutt row, im 2 lazy 2 read the whole thing =P but working out every day 2 times? is that good?

wait where does it say that? i read it 2 times, and b4 i posted

Banned
    Ive heard of some people working out twice a day. Didnt know how it worked out for them, but if you dont have the time you dont have the time, so give it a try

Each period at school is only 55 minutes long, and the teacher comes out to open up the gym after like 15 minutes, and we leave about 10 minutes early so the kids who have gym clothes on can go and dress. Not a great situation.

I haven't been lifting at home as much because the equipment at my school is so much better, but I don't have much time to lift at school. So I have to sacrifice one for the other.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

3:16
    try it,
    as long at total volume etc is the same as you would do it all in one go you should be fine.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Grasshoppa
    You can quite easily split the volume between 2 different times of day...it's not a big deal.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I wannabebig!
    you might even show greater results as far as nutrient partitioning goes.

Looks pretty good to me. If you're starting to feel a little run down, you could take the AM or PM session off.

Wannabebig Member
    I think it's a good idea, and I don't think too many people could get through a workout in half an hour. I would really have to rush through it, as I usually take between 45 minutes and an hour. I think your breakdown looks good, and I would make sure to ignore Ron Burgundy as much as possible as he seems to be mildly ******ed

I have confidence that you can finish each session in less than 30 mins. When i workout alone, i can usually finish a typical chest/back in less than 45 mins. Just make sure you bring healthy snack/fruits/meals to school. Eat when after your workout, when you're talking to class, when the teachers aren't looking, eat your friends' foods during lunch haha just do a lats spread and demand it.

Banned
    I've heard of people doing this...Fix just make sure you get alot to eat between workouts your body will be taxed but if you start eating a bit more I'm sure it will only make you stronger.

I know people who do this because of work issues--no problems.
    "The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

My attempts at lifting heavy objects

Current maxes:

Squat 145 kg (320 lbs)
    Bench 67.5 kg (149 lbs)
    DL: 142.5 kg (314 lbs)

...oh, and I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy
    I think it's a good idea, and I don't think too many people could get through a workout in half an hour. I would really have to rush through it, as I usually take between 45 minutes and an hour. I think your breakdown looks good, and I would make sure to ignore Ron Burgundy as much as possible as he seems to be mildly ******ed

yes, and thats why i asked other to comment to correct me if im wrong, im no expert, im just trying to learn more dont get me wrong

Thanks for the input guys. I was worried that this might be a totally bad idea. I'll make sure I get lots of food and rest inbetween sessions.
    Lifting Journal

Wannabebig Member
    yes, and thats why i asked other to comment to correct me if im wrong, im no expert, im just trying to learn more dont get me wrong
    My comment was based less on your lack of fitness knowledge and more on your inability to spell simple words, as well as randomly capitalize words that have no business being capitalized. Although I can see why there was confusion about that.

well, im just usta posting and spelling like that because iv been postin on forums for so long (not here) so if i caused any probs or its just annoying just message me and ill try 2 cut down or remmember to not spell like that

well, im just usta posting and spelling like that because iv been postin on forums for so long (not here) so if i caused any probs or its just annoying just message me and ill try 2 cut down or remmember to not spell like that

It took me 15 minutes to think of a reply to this post.

and it sure did pay off =P lol