The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

strained lowerback

last month i pulled sumo going heavy and eventually strained my lowerback. odd thing was deadlifts were the first exercises i did and gm's was last. when i got to the gm's, thats where my lowerback got strained with lightweight and i went home. so to speed up recovery process, i did light stretching. the first week after the injury, i wasnt able to do any lowerback workout...rows, deads, reverse hypers, gm's, etc. i was basically stuck with doing lat pull downs, pull ups, and other upper lat work the following week.

fast foward 1 month: i can finally do bent over barbell rows and reverse hypers fine, but have hard time doing db bent over rows. doing good mornings with the 45lb bar still hurt my lowerback the most. afterall, this was what started the lowerback injury. i could barely crack my back by sitting on a chair and twisting my body or do the 45 degree leg press or stretch by touching my toes with straight legs.

so im asking, should i be waiting it out longer or is it time to visit the doctor? i dont even know if my medical is still valid. i heard massages could also help with recovering from pains/aches...any truth behind this?

man this sucks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

mm i wouldn't have done any workout..

go to a jacuzzi, it feels great and does wonders
    I don't have time. I make time.

If you are still in pain after a month, yes, go see a doc.

Massage will make you feel good and help speed up the healing process, yes. You probably just strained somehting, and need to rehab it a little and let it heal.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x
    so im asking, should i be waiting it out longer or is it time to visit the doctor? i dont even know if my medical is still valid. i heard massages could also help with recovering from pains/aches...any truth behind this?
    rest/heating pad/anti-inflammatories/doctor visit

We need a sticky for back pain. Seems like we get about 100 threads/week on the topic.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

i just had surgery on my back this past september, def. go see a doc. you dont want to wait around like i did for 9 months waiting for it to get better and then find out you need surgery, get it taken care of now. if its really hurt it will only get worse not better.