The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Chili????

Chili????

Chili--- Lean ground beef and beans basically, so it's high protein and slow carbs.... SO why isn't it talked about more? What's wrong with it? What's OK with it?

Thoughts?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

don't forget the tomatoes, onions, and whole wheat pasta noodles and puting cheese on top. You gotta like dishes that cover just about every food group; only thing lacking is the fruits group.

Squatting in the Curl Rack
    As long as the fat content isn't too insane, chili can be a great food for exactly the reasons you give. I think a lot of people think all thier food ahs to comwe form the Approved Bodybuilding menu, instead of just looking at the macronutirent content and figuring it out for themselves.
    Last edited by JustLost; 01-01-2006 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeper
    Chili--- Lean ground beef and beans basically, so it's high protein and slow carbs.... SO why isn't it talked about more? What's wrong with it? What's OK with it?

Thoughts?

I use chili quite regularly (couple times a week) on a cut. Even if it is the pre-made stuff in a can, an entire can usually only has around 540cals w/about 45g protein. I think the way I make it usually ends up at around 70g of carbs, so if you're doing a low-carb diet it probably isn't ideal.

Lets also not forget the slight metabolic boost that spicy foods give.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLost
    I think a lot of people think all thier food has to come from the Approved Bodybuilding menu, instead of just looking at the macronutrient content and figuring it out for themselves.
    This is SO true.

You wouldn't BELIEVE the looks I get when I tell people I have chicken noodle soup post-workout - but it's perfect! Salt, water, fast carb (white flour noodles), protein. I think some folks figure it has to taste bad to work.

I make chili quite often - very satisfying on a cut. Sometimes I'll toss a little cottage cheese into it. Looks weird, but really quite tasty.

Squatting in the Curl Rack
    Quote Originally Posted by Built
    This is SO true.

You wouldn't BELIEVE the looks I get when I tell people I have chicken noodle soup post-workout - but it's perfect! Salt, water, fast carb (white flour noodles), protein. I think some folks figure it has to taste bad to work.

I make chili quite often - very satisfying on a cut. Sometimes I'll toss a little cottage cheese into it. Looks weird, but really quite tasty.
    It's one of my pet peeves. How often do we see posts asking "Is lime Jello okay on a bulk?" or whatever. Hey, read the nutrition label, eh?

+1 on the soup pwo. I'm a big fan of real food. In fact... now and then my "pwo meal" actually is a bowl of chile, but that's generally when I've consumed the milk/oats/banana/whey shake DURING the workout. But then, I've been known to nibble meatloaf between deadlifts :P

Quote Originally Posted by JustLost
    It's one of my pet peeves. How often do we see posts asking "Is lime Jello okay on a bulk?" or whatever. Hey, read the nutrition label, eh?
    Hey, the smart ass answer I expected much sooner!

Got a good recipe for me Built?

I'll take'em both!

Chili--- Lean ground beef and beans basically, so it's high protein and slow carbs.... SO why isn't it talked about more? What's wrong with it?
    Gas (nothing)

What's OK with it?
    Gas (everything)

Thoughts?
    Gas

OatChiliBeanEgg