Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member, (Links to pics inside).

Looks like both you and I need to go learn how to do some legit poses. Anyway it's hard to comment on when you aren't stating your goals or how long you've been lifting etc.
    Naturally, of course, if I were you I would be putting on some more weight and getting up to at least 200 lbs, but that's just me. You're lucky you're 6'1"; I always kinda wanted to be over 6' but alas I'm stuck at 5'11".
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Iron4Life
    Welcome aboard Smeg...
    Looks like you have a good frame to add some mass..
    Good Luck.. and
    Lift Hard, Eat right and Sleep enough..

Bah, sleeps overrated. Waste of time if you ask me! Solid looking base man lift heavy.

good base to work on
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

You definately look like you have alote of potential so hit the weights and food hard. Fatrb: Trust me its not that fun to be tall, I'm 6'4 and it makes it such a pain in the ass to get bigger and "fill out".
    Last edited by ROMANMAN; 01-03-2006 at 05:19 PM.

Well you're lean, and it looks like you have some potential. Definitely need to put on some weight though. Just keep plugging away at it. Good luck.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

i love your face on the first pic gain 50lbs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ROMANMAN
    Trust me its not that fun to be tall, I'm 6'4 and it makes it such a pain in the ass to get bigger and "fill out".
    Milk (edit: worked for me)
    Last edited by jkirkpatrick; 01-04-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick
    I didnt say it whas impossible but it is alote more difficult.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    Looks like both you and I need to go learn how to do some legit poses.

Anyway it's hard to comment on when you aren't stating your goals or how long you've been lifting etc
    I've been lifting since the end of June 2005. So it's basicly a half of year now (3 times a week).

Naturally, of course, if I were you I would be putting on some more weight and getting up to at least 200 lbs,
    That will be very difficult for me since I find it hard to gain weight. But something like that. 190 would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMANMAN
    You definately look like you have alote of potential so hit the weights and food hard. Fatrb: Trust me its not that fun to be tall, I'm 6'4 and it makes it such a pain in the ass to get bigger and "fill out".
    Totally agree, I feel the same and I'm only 6'1".

Quote Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick
    I drink one cup of milk everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by samj
    I love your face on the first pic gain 50lbs
    lol. Anyway, 50 lbs more is too much.

Thanks everyone for responding
    Last edited by Smeghead; 01-05-2006 at 02:15 AM.

At your height, gaining 80lbs would be just right. I'd also drink at least 8 cups of milk a day, easy to do with shakes and weightgainers. How many cals do you consume a day? Whats your routine like? Do you have a www.fitday.com account? You have a good frame, and you need to do some filling! Say good bye to the abs for a while, the girls won't care - you shouldn't either, bulk like a demon.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k
    At your height, gaining 80lbs would be just right.
    Haha, no way I would like to weight 250lbs and no way I could get that big even if I wanted too.

I'd also drink at least 8 cups of milk a day, easy to do with shakes and weightgainers.
    I don't do any weightgainers

How many cals do you consume a day?
    I think I have that on paper. Will check when I come home.

Whats your routine like?
    3 times a week to the gym. About 1 hour each time. 1 day arms, 1 day back abs & Shoulder and 1 day a little of everything.

Do you have a www.fitday.com account?
    Nope, should i?

Man, you've got a lot to learn. You've come to the right place though. First off you need to get your diet in check. Fit day is good to get that way you can track your calories easier. Gaining some weight will do you a world of good.

Second off, ditch that routine (not sure exactly what you do on those days but im assuming your not doing compound movements -if you are though then I apologize for my assumption). Try a routine like wbb1 : http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25 . You need to focus on compound lifts/movements (squats, deadlift, bench press, pull-ups, etc).

You can either gain muscle (bulk), maintain muscle, or define muscle (cut). So it's up to you what you want to do. If you choose to gain muscle then you need to eat more calories than your maintenance calories. If you choose to maintain your muscle then you need to eat right at maintenance calories. If you choose to define muscle then you need to eat less calories then maintenance. Most people either add or subtract 500 calories to start, depending on what they want to do.

Some basic guidelines you should stick to are: 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of lbm (lean body mass) & 0.5 grams of fat "minimum" per pound of lbm. Then if you meet those guidelines the rest of your macronutrients and calories won't really matter where they come from (more fats, more protein, carbs) as long as your within your calorie range you've set.

Hope this helps you a little bit, with some questions you may of had or planned on asking.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 01-05-2006 at 08:21 AM.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

Rookie
    And you're only 15, jesus, lol.

Not sure if that was an insult or not? If it was though, you can take my advice with a grain of salt, but if you do the research you will find everything I have said to be true. Their are plenty of knowledgeable "younger" people on these boards that know what they are talking about. We have did the research and have taken the time to learn from the rest of the people here. It would benefit you to do the same .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead
    ... I drink one cup of milk everyday ...
    I drink ~16 litres a week. Previous to this, I was under the belief that I was a "hardgainer" and had a difficult time to "fill out".

Turns out I was wrong. I just wasn't getting enough calories in me.

Rookie
    So Milk really helps me gaining weight?
    Also, what kind of milk should I drink?
    Last edited by Smeghead; 01-05-2006 at 09:11 AM.

Banned
    Check my signature.

Works for me.

Rookie
    But do I have to drink as much as 16 litres a week, I mean that's a lot!

Iron4Life
    What jPatrick was saying is that is what it took for him to get enough calories...
    You have got to find the amount of milk, protein, etc.. that will get you those calories to bulk.

That will be very difficult for me since I find it hard to gain weight.
    From this thread alone, I would assume you are having a hard time gaining weight because of your routine, and diet. Probably diet more than anything. Most people that claim to be a "hard gainer" just don't eat enough, period.
    I drink one cup of milk everyday...I don't do any weightgainers
    Like I just said, diet. You're probably not eating enough. Milk was suggested because it's a cheap way to get a lot of calories down the hatch. And it's generally easier to consume a surplus of calories through liquids, than solid food.
    3 times a week to the gym. About 1 hour each time. 1 day arms, 1 day back abs & Shoulder and 1 day a little of everything.
    This is not a good routine to induce hypertrophy. You're spending a 3rd of your time in the gym working some of the smallest muscle groups. If you want to put on some size, eat, and spend your time in the gym doing compound movements. Squats for legs, pressing movements for chest, and rowing movements for back. The link diesel_dan provided outlines a great workout for beginners.

And you're only 15, jesus, lol.
    I too am unsure if this was an insult to diesel_dan, but rest assured that there are a number of members here, young and old, that have a lot of good information to share. On top of that, the mods (and senior members) here do a great job of correcting information that is incorrect.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bearwolfden
    What jPatrick was saying is that is what it took for him to get enough calories...
    You have got to find the amount of milk, protein, etc.. that will get you those calories to bulk.
    Fair enough. I will drink 3 big glasses of Milk everyday from now on.

From this thread alone, I would assume you are having a hard time gaining weight because of your routine, and diet. Probably diet more than anything. Most people that claim to be a "hard gainer" just don't eat enough, period.
    You're probably, I don't eat too much. My breakfast is one bowl of yoghurt and cereals, 1 sandwich with butter and cheese, one fruit (banana) & 1 glass of Juice (replacing with milk now). I just started with this breakfast this week, before I only had milk and cereals.

For lunch I only have 2 dubble sandwiches with chicken/bacon sallad a cup of milk and a yoghurt and sometimes a fruit.

Dinner varies offcourse but I eat quite much when I come home.
    Then at night I have chocklat and soda usally.

Like I just said, diet. You're probably not eating enough. Milk was suggested because it's a cheap way to get a lot of calories down the hatch. And it's generally easier to consume a surplus of calories through liquids, than solid food.
    Agreed.

This is not a good routine to induce hypertrophy. You're spending a 3rd of your time in the gym working some of the smallest muscle groups..
    That's not true, I work out the biggest muscles from my waist and upwards. Hardly any legs though.

pressing movements for chest.
    That's what I do.
    The link diesel_dan provided outlines a great workout for beginners
    I check the link out when I come home today.

I too am unsure if this was an insult to diesel_dan, but rest assured that there are a number of members here, young and old, that have a lot of good information to share. On top of that, the mods (and senior members) here do a great job of correcting information that is incorrect.
    Surely this was NOT an insult to him. It was more a compliment in fact. I was kinda shocked that he knew all this and only beeing 15 years old.

It would benefit you greatly to work your legs. Working your legs can promote the rest of your body to grow since it is one of the biggest muscle's in your body and when worked induces testosterone to run crazy throughout your whole body. Therefore causing everything to grow, assuming your diet is in check to allow you to do so.

It doesn't really matter how much milk or anything you eat/drink, just as long as you get the calories that you need and get the recommend amount of protein and fat. It won't matter where it comes from (as long as it is a good healthy source).

Here is another good thread that lists things that would be good for you to eat: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565 . You really should be tracking your calories and following the guidelines I listed for protein and fat.

If your not eating more than maintenance calories you will not be gaining muscle (although is it possible for people just starting off to see some muscle gain, and also possible for other people with good genetics). Generally though, it is not possible. Best of luck.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 01-05-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Youre routine sucks major ass, try wbb#1