The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Shoulders been sore for 4 days!

I did chest 4 days ago and on my burnout set I did 20reps of 225. It felt ok, then I got up and it was in slight pain. Now everyday for the past 4 days my shoulder has been hurting. I just tried to bench the bar and it was ok, i felt a little pain. I put on 135 and i really felt the pain. Anyone know whats going on? What can I do to help it heal? thanx
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

**** is real
    i have the same problem, started monday after i did wide grip bench, i can't tell if it's healed or not yet though, i could only feel the deep muscle pain in random posistions while putting pressure on my arm, mine hurts on the left side right where like my upperchest and shoulder meet, how about yours?
    5ft 8in
    149 lbs
    8.0% bf

Australia - Where the women really go down under!
    well if it's pain pain then you've done something wrong, maybe your technique, or maybe that weight at 20 reps is a bit high? Otherwise if it is muscle soreness then you've done the right thing!

the pain is good!
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Banned
    Soreness is your friend.

**** is real
    i thought it was my shoulder too, obviously as i said before
    but after doing shoulders yesterday, i've discovered it's probably an inflammed/strained/torn pec, where it connects to your shoulder. subscapularis muscle possibly? my friend showed me about a similar injury on another forum (way more severe though) and the guy had torn the muscle, causing his entire shoulder/chest area to turn black and blue (and yellow) requiring surgeory to stop the muscle from "rolling up" and he was out for 5-6 months. i would recommend staying away from chest/triceps that involve stretching of the muscle (pull overs, dips, etc.) for atleast a week to make sure things don't get worse
    5ft 8in
    149 lbs
    8.0% bf

Senior of Kinesiology
    Sounds like your shoulder is inflamed, chances are it is from overuse. Try to lighten up on it for a few weeks. You could try icing it before or after exercise and taking anti-inflammatory before training if it feels tight. I have tendonitis in my right shoulder from when I was a discus/javelin thrower in high school. Make sure you stretch and properly warm up.
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

Wannabebig Member
    You could of strained it, give it some rest and it should be fine