Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New year gym disasters

New year gym disasters

It's a new year.. yup. Alot of new faces at the gym.. yup. I can't find a parkin spot so I park in the handicap spot.. yup. Newbie's lookin for a quick workout to impress the ladies.. yup. But do any of these newbies know what their doing?.. nope!

Alright no big deal your new to the gym... actually I give you props for startin a healthly life style and wanna to get the physique you die for.. but every new year I always see it, someone hurtin themselves in the gym.. and today was the day I would see someone hurt themselves. I had just started shruggs when I heard the yellin of someone for help (and I had headphones on ) I look in the mirror and see one of the guys in the gym pull the BB off a dude.. the guy had been doin seated military press, only 95lbs on the bar which I'm guessin for this guy was pretty heavy. The dude look like he wayed about 110lbs.. and I know he was new because I seen him sign up a week ago.. its cool tho but I hate seein dumbass mistakes like that in the gym.. after it was over the guy was alright and the guy who helped offered him a spot, but I didnt see the guy hit military press for the rest of the day.

Lets here all your new year newbie stories.

Grasshoppa
    New Year's resolutions usually last about 2 weeks or so...those new faces will start to disappear sooner or later, hehe.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I don't make NYR anymore because to me they have come to represent the failings of others.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Supreme Champ
    i saw this kid try n squat 225 the other day got under the bar n couldnt even lift it up
    Currently Age 16 5'10 158.5lbs
    10km run:43min

"The referee is the most important man in the ring besides the two fighters." -Big George Foreman

"He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts."-Blackie Sherrod

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    New Year's resolutions usually last about 2 weeks or so...those new faces will start to disappear sooner or later, hehe.
    So true!

i pretty much train at the time the senior citizens are there,so not much happening.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

LOL you guys are naming all of this stuff that has happened to me before. I've gotten stuck under the bar while squatting and I've gotten pinned under a bar while doing bench (not military though) although both times I was able to get out on my own.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

getfit you workout at a bally's? because everytime I train at bally's its all senior citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimumGrowth
    getfit you workout at a bally's? because everytime I train at bally's its all senior citizens.
    at the Y,i'm there pretty early so i'm the only one under 65
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Yeah, I've been nearly pinned under a bench before but got out of it okay.

How could you be pinned under a military though? Just drop it!

Sounds like you go to a nice gym though if guys offered him a spot.

lol GF I'm sure the old man luv you!

lol GF I'm sure the old man luv you!
    well, let's just say they seem to be going faster on the teadmill lately

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Parking is teh suck now.

I try to worry more about what I am doing right, rather than what anyone else is doing wrong. As long as the newbs stay out of the power racks, I wont notice them much.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    well, let's just say they seem to be going faster on the teadmill lately

Can't really blame them l

Quote Originally Posted by muscleup
    Parking is teh suck now.

I try to worry more about what I am doing right, rather than what anyone else is doing wrong. As long as the newbs stay out of the power racks, I wont notice them much.

tru.. but when you can hear them screamin for help over your own music.. it will grab your attention

tru.. but when you can hear them screamin for help over your own music.. it will grab your attention
    lol did you laugh? I don't think I could hold it in if that happened at my gym.

every time i go to ballys its all gay guys
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

Quote Originally Posted by muscleup
    lol did you laugh? I don't think I could hold it in if that happened at my gym.
    lol naw I didnt laugh.. I mean I wanted to but not in front of the guy.. now my friend mel had try runnin up the steps to enter the gym today and feel I was crackin up then.. I luv it when people fall, it's one of my weakness's

Quote Originally Posted by dw06wu
    haha yea they're a few, but I see them at all the gym's I train at.. but bally's has them out numbered lol

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dw06wu
    ...../checks membership cards.... Yup, Bally and Gold's. Kid, you're onto something.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

ROFL, well I've been blessed with being very smart about saftey in the gym, that and technique.

But I'll humor you, about 8 months ago I was bench pressing with one other kid who went to highschool with me. He was the only other one in the gym and the kid was about 150LBS and was a complete cardio bunny, but I figured a spot was a spot. I put 250lbs on the bench and lift it off myself.. repped it twice and on the third rep just dropped it on my chest from about 6" because I thought about something funny and just started laughing. This kid was horrified but after I calmed down I told him to stop stuggling to move the bar and pressed it up and racked it.

I can't find a parkin spot so I park in the handicap spot..
    Unless your handicapped, I hope your car got ticketed.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

I joined a local gym franchise recently. The other night was my first at the larger facility, which used to be a roller rink. It's HUGE inside. I got on a treadmill to warm up, and survey the floor to see where things are (to avoid my usual wandering around) and I noticed something...

ONE squat rack..

3 (yes, 3) Smith machines...all in use for bench press..lol

And I have to say that, now that I know what I'm doing, it's sooooo much funnier in a gym. Eveyone you all have EVER described is there on a nightly basis. I get a great ab workout from the chuckling to myself.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    Unless your handicapped, I hope your car got ticketed.

not yet but I'm sure it will

I remember last year around this time of year when two scrawny kids (age: around 17) tried to do squats on a swiss ball.

The first one flew off the ball and smacked his head against a bench.

Genius #2 put a nice crack in the mirror.

This was an "old-school" in-the-basement kinda gym, so I promptly ratted on the two and they paid the owner for a new mirror.