Thread: Cardio workout

I hunger for the Pain !!!!

Cardio workout

I was just wondering what cardio excercise people do with their workout. I have heard some people say that if you keep your tempo up when lifting you should burn fat then. But i have also heard people say they don't do cardio with trying to build because cardio burns away some of their muscle. So do you guys run a mile once a week or what do you guys do?

I personally don't do any cardio. I'm not lean by any means, but with a diet I could lean out without doing cardio.

Right now I am trying to lean out, so I am running three miles three times a week.

When I was trying to gain weight, I was running maybe three miles a week. Probably not even that much.
    Last edited by wmiller; 01-08-2002 at 10:53 AM.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    I do cardio mainly b/c I play a sport in which cardiovascular fitness/recovery is important AND because I enjoy it. It also helps me stay lean, which is more of an issue for us females...

I do a lot of interval training but mix it up with some general endurance/steady state workouts and light "recovery" type efforts as well.

I run outside and on the treadmill indoors, do Spinning workouts (indoor interval cycling) and occasionally do the stairmachine/elliptical/rower for variety.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

hey anyone use elliptical machines?? i was surfing the TV last night and noticed that the HSN had one cheap...looked decent

your thoughts....
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

I like the elliptical machines. Very low impact so they aren't as bad on the knees as running.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    I use them every once in awhile...I find that I have to really crank up the resistance/incline to get my heart rate up where I like it to be. Any cardio machine gets really boring to me unless I can watch TV or something...

If you're thinking about buying a cardio machine, you might want to check Consumer Reports and other reviews to gather info on reliability and quality.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Originally posted by IceRgrrl
    I use them every once in awhile...I find that I have to really crank up the resistance/incline to get my heart rate up where I like it to be. Any cardio machine gets really boring to me unless I can watch TV or something...

If you're thinking about buying a cardio machine, you might want to check Consumer Reports and other reviews to gather info on reliability and quality.
    ya as i watched the program it looked like it took a lot to get your heart pumping and lungs working
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison