The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to get a deeper voice

Does anyone know anything besides smoking and drinking that will deepen the sound of your voice? Or is it really just you get what you get and you make the best of it?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds26979.html

Justin Timberlake has hired a vocal coach to help him deepen his voice.

According to Sky Showbiz, film executives told Timberlake that his "high-pitched voice wasn't right for the big screen."

In retaliation, the singer has hired a vocal coach to help him sort out his voice. A friend said that "he has been doing voice exercises day and night," saying that Timberlake would need a "deep, dreamy voice like George Clooney if he is to be a big-screen sex symbol."
    If Mr. Timberlake can do it, I'm sure you can too!

Chris how old are you? You know what I'm getting at there.

Otherwise I wonder if you can do a search or if there are books on that type of stuff. I would think that if you practice it enough that you could used to the voice in general. Pretty sure girls like deeper voices...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

i'm 24 fool...

this thread is funny.

I suppose a high pitched voice sucks if you're a guy.

Have someone punch you in the throat a few times, maybe that will work.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

smoke weed, lots of weed...

you're not gonna change it significantly no matter what you do, it's just the way the cards are dealt... make the best of the situation
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

I was under impression that he voice is deep due to the size of your vocal cords. If you can loosen them up than youwould get a deeper voice, that that makes sense?
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

My voice has deepend noticeably over the last couple years. It may even be over the last year since I started lifting, and lost 30-40 pounds on the scale. I never had a JT voice or anything, but it was always just a tad bit higher than I wanted it to be. I'm content with where it is now.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by DeHartD
    smoke weed, lots of weed...
    I like your thinking :evillaugh
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    if you practice it enough that you could used to the voice in general.
    I found that you can alter it to an extent, but you're always somewhere off your base sound. Also, certain words will seem to throw your voice back to what it was.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

I can speak deeper then my "normal" voice with a bit of practice but I always sort of thought that your voice had to do with testosterone and such seeing as women on gear will ofter have "masculinization" effects causing their voices to get deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    My voice has deepend noticeably over the last couple years. It may even be over the last year since I started lifting, and lost 30-40 pounds on the scale. I never had a JT voice or anything, but it was always just a tad bit higher than I wanted it to be. I'm content with where it is now.
    Yeah, weight variation can do it too. I think it has to do with tightness around the adams apple or something (I talk deeper when i'm cut, higher pitch and slightly throaty (Jimminy Glick(sp?)) when i'm in fsttie-m0de).
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

"Where" you speak from has an effect on how your "base sound" is projected and heard, as well.

I saw a clip of Phil Hartman, and he was demonstrating his voice impressions, and how he shifted his tone just by speaking from either very "high", where the focus was lazy & from the nose, or very deep, almost as if his abs were adding resonance or something.

I'm not too knowlegable about it. Just thought I'd chime in.

You can hear Christopher Reeve do this when shifting between Clark Kent & Kal-El during the "apartment scene" with Lois in Superman I, when he almost reveals his identity.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

It's diaphram control as well. You can lower it a little and keep it there if you concentrate on speaking from the diaphram. It's not hard pick up the basics on but it's hard to switch to your 'default'. Male baritone opera singers do... they never speak from their throat.

Clarity has a lot to do with things as well. Make sure you clearly enunciate the last letter/sound of every word. Speak slow, even when arguing or excited.

I work on it in the shower because I have a voice that drives me nuts to hear on tape. There's only so much you can do, as mentioned, because a lot of factors beyond your control go into your voice, including genetics (my brother, father, and I can all fool voice recognition software. It takes people who know us well a good minute to pick up which of us it is on the phone at family gatherings if we imitate each other's inflections and vocal quirks.)
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Whats weird is that my voice is 100% different recorded then when I hear myself speak.

This book, Freeing The Natural Voice by Kristin Linklater, is used in vocal training. You might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Whats weird is that my voice is 100% different recorded then when I hear myself speak.
    That's how it is for everyone..

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    That's because you're hearing your voice from both sides of your eardrums. It's not much different than when you eat cereal or chips and are sure they can hear you two states away.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Probably the only real way would be to get a voice coach or smoke a couple pounds of weed., is youre voice realy that high that youre worried?

My voice is a lot deeper the morning after a night of heavy drinking. So my suggestion is to become perma-hungover.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Regardless of octave, if your voice sounds funny its going to sound funny at any pitch and to that effect I do think you can change, slightly but to a notable extent, the depth of your voice.

My voice, however. I just think I have a stupid sounding voice. Maybe thats why nobody takes me seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer
    That's because you're hearing your voice from both sides of your eardrums. It's not much different than when you eat cereal or chips and are sure they can hear you two states away.
    Wait so does this mean that someone else would here youre voice the way it sounds in youre head or on the recording? My voice sounds crazily deep when on my voice mail.
    Last edited by ROMANMAN; 01-09-2006 at 07:53 PM.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    My voice has gotten a lot deeper since I started gear.
    My back also has an afro growing from it.
    You take the good with the bad.
    You should call me ..I sound like Barry White right now.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

You do have a deep voice, so does xian. I always notice that when i get his voicemail. I wondered if the gear made a noticeable difference you for Hatred.

Gonadius Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    My voice has gotten a lot deeper since I started gear.
    My back also has an afro growing from it.
    You take the good with the bad.
    You should call me ..I sound like Barry White right now.

rofl I've talked to you a few times and you sound like
    Theodore Cleaver