The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Vince Young

Footballer

Vince Young

Entering the Draft.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar

Edge

New WWE Champion.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Beef

It's what's for dinner.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

The guy's a freak. The rest of the nation finally realizes now what he's capable of doing......it's what the Big 12 conference has seen for the last 3 years. Should be interesting to see how this shakes up the draft. Especially with Houston (Vince's hometown) having the 1st pick.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Iron4Life
    Won't go 1st... that's Reggie...
    But there is a chance for either NO or the Titans...

Guido

Badass mutha****a.
    Last edited by Guido; 01-09-2006 at 10:41 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

xian

Not drafted.

He should go first, just for his value as a player. He outran bush in the rosebowl....

Texas probably wont need him as a QB but could trade either Young or the pick for ALOT.

You guys

Are *******s

Just had to stick with the theme. The kid definately has the talent to make it, should be exciting to watch him play. Hopefully he turns out better than teh loser in Atlanta
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I liked when he posed with the trophy in a Heisman stance... he really should have won that award.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

This Thread

is realy ******ed because noone knows who this guy is and people keep giving titles to their posts.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    He should go first, just for his value as a player. He outran bush in the rosebowl....

Texas probably wont need him as a QB but could trade either Young or the pick for ALOT.

You are so hung up on him outrunning Bush in the Bowl...what about every other damn game? =P
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Well...

lets look at it like this

In 2005, Young had 1050 yards rushing and 12 Touchdowns. He also had 3036 yards passing giving him a total offense prodcution of 4086 yards averaging 314.3 yards per game.

Reggie Bush has this: 1740 yards rushing and 16 Touchdowns.... for 8.7 yards a carry and a 133.8 yards per game.

Now stack it up.... who would you think should go first in the draft. Not even factoring in that rosebowl perfomance (which if you didnt see or hear it HE won them the game)

Footballer
    Well...

lets look at it like this

In 2005, Young had 1050 yards rushing and 12 Touchdowns. He also had 3036 yards passing giving him a total offense prodcution of 4086 yards averaging 314.3 yards per game.

Reggie Bush has this: 1740 yards rushing and 16 Touchdowns.... for 8.7 yards a carry and a 133.8 yards per game.

Now stack it up.... who would you think should go first in the draft. Not even factoring in that rosebowl perfomance (which if you didnt see or hear it HE won them the game)
    lets do some math here, This year Reggie Bush had 221.31 yards per game, Reggie Bush played in 13 games, Reggie Bush had 2877 yards this year, Reggie Bush probably touched the ball 250 times less than Vince Young, if Reggie Bush would have rushed those 250 times we would add 2175 since thats what 250 x 8.7 equals, that would put Reggie Bush's total at 5052 about 1000 yards more than vince young.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Footballer
    whats the point of that link?
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/...tiveStats.html

1/4 the way down the page... first red name. I dont know where your getting your stats. But it seems one of our sources are wrong.

Both Sports Illustrated and ESPN give similar numbers to what I had first posted on Bush. I think SI included his rosebowl performance and ESPN gave his season rushing yards (1,658).

Touches dont matter with regards to rushing, they do in total offense but not rushes. I dont care if he has the ball in his hand a million times if he only runs it twice.

Young had 155 rushing attempts acording to ESPN.com and had 1050 yards rushing.

Bush had 200 attempts for 1740 yards rushing.

Youngs average per rush... 6.8 yards per carry. Bush's rushing average is 8.7 yards per carry.

Ones a quaterback and the other is supposed the NCAA's BEST RUNNING BACK.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar

Oh no3s!!!

Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Footballer
    Both Sports Illustrated and ESPN give similar numbers to what I had first posted on Bush. I think SI included his rosebowl performance and ESPN gave his season rushing yards (1,658).

Touches dont matter with regards to rushing, they do in total offense but not rushes. I dont care if he has the ball in his hand a million times if he only runs it twice.

Youngs average per rush... 6.8 yards per carry. Bush's rushing average is 8.7 yards per carry.

He's actually the best player in the NCAA, Bush that is.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

NO OFFENSE BUT. you have no idea what you are talking about.

vince young will not go first because the texans just picked up an option on carr, meaning they will draft bush.

vince young has a 6 yard rushing average BECAUSE he is a quarterback. if he was a running back, it would be more like 3 yards a carry. like i said in the rosebowl thread, which i can tell you did not read, vince young has a lot easier time running than bush.
    when vince gets the snap and drops back to pass, the only people rushing him will be the 4 lineman and a blitzing lb or corner. thats 5 or 6 people. the other 5 or 6 will be dropped back, 10-20 yards past the line of scrimmage covering the recievers. then when vince runs, he only has to run outside his offensive line and he has about 10 yards every time where there is no defender (because they are all covering receivers.)
    when reggie bush gets the ball, all 11 players on defense immediately start running for him because there is no chance he can pass it. that means reggie bush has to run through 11 people.
    vince young has to run around 5 people, bush runs through 11. bush still averages more yards per run. how is vince young so much better? and if you watched the rosebowl you would have seen vince young make about 1 or 2 moves worth noting. the rest of his rushing was straight down the field. ooooooo that takes so much talent its not funny! man it sure is hard running right into the corner of the endzone because all the corners are covering your wideouts!

vince young also has the worst throwing mechanics i have ever seen and unless that gets fixed like right away he will have no future in the nfl.

$0.02
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Im sorry man, but as a texas fan I cant see how you could say that. Vince Young tore apart USC for 300 yards through the air. I understand what your saying about how tough it is for Bush to run, but consider this. Most of the times Young runs he does it because the play hasnt developed or because hes about to get sacked. When that happens how many people can block for him, how many people know where he intends to run?????

Maybe i've gone too far with how good he is, but gimp... you really cant be serious that he's that bad of a QB. How many games has he won them games with his play making ability... I know for damn sure he was resonsible for the rosebowl win. I watched it.

Grasshoppa
    Vince Young doesn't suck, but you are definately overexaggerating his worth in the NFL. I think he can succeed if he does improve his throwing mechanics. Running QBs in the NFL don't prosper as much.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Footballer
    Im sorry man, but as a texas fan I cant see how you could say that. Vince Young tore apart USC for 300 yards through the air. I understand what your saying about how tough it is for Bush to run, but consider this. Most of the times Young runs he does it because the play hasnt developed or because hes about to get sacked. When that happens how many people can block for him, how many people know where he intends to run?????

Maybe i've gone too far with how good he is, but gimp... you really cant be serious that he's that bad of a QB. How many games has he won them games with his play making ability... I know for damn sure he was resonsible for the rosebowl win. I watched it.
    he didn't hit usc for over 300 through the air he was like 240 passing on 30 passes, which isn't that good, and some plays vince young is run first. not pass.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

michael vick is an example of a running qb that cant throw. its taken him like 5 years to become a mediocre passer....

daunter culpepper is another. notice without moss he cant do anything (hmm i wonder if this means he cant do much besides chuck bombs?)

sure running is nice, but if you cant throw the ball well also, you won't ever make it big in the NFL.

oh and btw no NFL team will ever miss as many tackles as usc did in the rose bowl...
    Last edited by biggimp; 01-11-2006 at 10:56 PM.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal