Thread: Greatest compliment since I started

Greatest compliment since I started

So i go see my dad today and I havn't seen him for about a 1 1/2 months maybe 2. He looks at me with a serious face and goes are you taking steriods? I just laughed it off at first while I made my second protien shake of the day. He then asked me the question again I looked at him and said " are you serious?" and then said "hell no!". My dad went on the rest of the day talking about how proud he is to have a son who is so big and strong.
    Compared to the rest of my family I'm the biggest and I'm still not that big. I've never heard my dad talk so proudly about me it was crazy. Anyways just another reason to keep lifting to "WOW" the realitives.
    Last edited by method115; 03-25-2006 at 01:00 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Good job bro, keep up the good work

that's great
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Yeah I like it each time i come back from uni at the end of term and I've gained weight.

Remarks from parents and friends you haven't seen in a while always help!

I love me some me !
    Im waiting for the temperature to get hotter and the beaches to open then wham! its all part of my evil plan to make other guys I know look fat. muhahahaha lol
    *Shrug* Your call though...-ArchAngel777 (I hate choosing though)

I never really get comments on how I look, I was allways wearing a size 41 shirt short sleve shirt in school - so I was swimming in it. I was always the fat guy, but I digress - WBB makes me strong.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    That's definitely encouraging to hear that from your dad. In fact, just reading that made my day. That's cool, man.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

mine was when my mom told my girlfriend "his ass is gone". Greatest day ever. Compliments from the rents really hit home.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

I've gotten the steroids comment from a doctor, from my parents, and from a few gymrats who I used to be jealous of because they made repping 135 look so easy on the bench.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Banned
    Thats really cool dude. I wish my parents were supportive. But yeah dude parents that are behind you and are proud of what you do are a big encouragement. Keep it up man.

I've gotten several compliments about my strength for my age a few years back. Mostly from my friends and a few relatives.. it seems most of my faimly members are unimpressed that at age 15 I was nearly the strongest male in the whole family. And that hurts from time to time, but I dont do what I do for my parents or for anyone else... just for good ole IRL

I've always wanted someone to ask me if I was on the juice! "Hell nah, I'd be HUGE if I were on roids"

Nice job man, keep gaining.
    Last edited by Meat_Head; 03-26-2006 at 12:58 PM.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    People ask me if I juice, but that's because of the acne
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

yeah, my parents always comment about how much broader my shoulders are, etc. although they can't understand why I want to gain even more weight.. hah, just wait til I'm 170-180 AND ripped. Then they'll know why. It makes everything more worthwhile when others notice and comment. You should be doing it for yourself in the first place, but it makes it that much better.
    Chicken, Cows, Eggs, and Milk: Eating Big, Lifting Heavy
    My Fitday

Height: 5'8"
    5/07 Weight: 168 lbs, 9% BF using calipers
    Goal: Start lifting again in January and hopefully get rid of this tendinitis.
    "Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy"

Quote Originally Posted by offhegoes03
    yeah, my parents always comment about how much broader my shoulders are, etc. although they can't understand why I want to gain even more weight.. hah, just wait til I'm 170-180 AND ripped. Then they'll know why. It makes everything more worthwhile when others notice and comment. You should be doing it for yourself in the first place, but it makes it that much better.
    Same here, my mom thinks Im going to become a big lardass, well maybe but a cut would fix that.

Yeah that's good to have a supporting father. My dad refers to protein as "junk" and tells me I need to get off of it like it's a heroin addiction.

A buddy of mine said I had huge pecs for a tiny guy like myself... lol.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

If he is that proud of you at 160, just wait til you are 200
    "it's you against you, it's the paradox that drives us all"

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 275
    DeadLift: 335
    -------------
    Total: 895 and moving up.

Check my progress and read more in My Journal.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    I got a similar compliment a few months ago when I was out at a club. I was shirtless and an acquaintance of mine whom I used to work with a few years ago found me on the dancefloor and his second question was, "Ghuurrrl, seriously, are you on steroids?" I laughed 'cause it felt great. I told him it's all food and dedication. He replied, "I hate you even more, then!"
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Shirtless at a dance club? Doing that here would get your ass kicked out. But thats because my town is full of rednecks :|
    All my dad has been able to say is: 'your physique is changing, make sure all those protein powders you take have DIN numbers'
    I **** you not, thats what he said. I was....kinda stuck on what to say so I just went back downstairs to my hovel and listened to more metal. :|
    My sig scared getfit.

haha my dad has said the same thing to me... It really actually is a compliment and it makes ya feel great.. The other day a buddy of mine that I havent seen in a while asked te same thing.. Again, it made me feel great.
    It is interesting gaining weight and then seeing ppl after a while. Someone ^ mentioned that already. They are truly impressed. Especially if you were either a really small guy all your life, or overweight.

Keep it up.

-World-Is-Yours-
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Haha so i go out with my dad the next day to see my cousin one last time before he goes off to France for work, and to celebrate his daughters 1 year old birthday. His mom see's me and immediatly pulls me off to the side and whispers "are you taking steroids?" I was like wtf is wrong with you guys i have been working out people do get bigger when they workout. She was like "Yea i know it's just your neck looks so big and veiny". I didn't even know what she was talking about then cause I never thought my neck looked to big. Actually I just started doing shrugs about 2 months ago.

Anyways yea I never started working out for people's compliments I started for three reasons.

1.) I saw an old women who was 70 and was benching more then I could ( at the time ) not sure anymore really cant remember how much weight it was but it was more then me.

2.) Then I realized that when I'm old I dont want to be all crippled and **** I wanna be strong. I want people to fear me even at the age of 60 **** maybe even 70. If not fear me at least know that I wont be some push over.

3.) I want to travel alot when i get older and I dont want to be lacking in energy or be to old and weak to travel.

Damn right.. you should be at the peak of your physical fitness right now.. soon it starts going downhill. The higher that peak, the better IMO!

I got asked if I had recently caught an obscure tropical diesease, I may or may not have seen sunshine for a few weeks.