The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Need Help Gaining Weight

Hey, I've been trying to gain weight for years now. I have always been extremly underweight my doctor recently told me that I was about 75 pounds underweight. I've tried everything creatine, numerous high calorie shakes, boost, ensure, whey protein, gakic, and a number of different protein and creatine powders but still I haven't gained any weight. I am 18 yrs old, 6'1, and I only weight 110 lbs, I try to eat as much as I can, days that I am home I eat about six or seven meals throughout the day, two boost shakes, and two creatine shakes before and after I workout. I don't know what else to try, any advice you can give me as to how to gain weight would be very much appreciated. Thank You.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

WBB Member
    You probably aren't eating enough. Go to www.fitday.com and enter a typical day's diet, and tell us how many calories you are eating.

Theres no secret to it. EAT MORE. If you have to, eat junk food to add some extra cals, and buy a good weight gainer.
    Last edited by ROMANMAN; 01-11-2006 at 05:28 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    welcome to my life man, I have been trying to eat MORE FREQUENT meals and mixing my shakes with high calorie things. I am still <110 LBS but it takes time. I have been laying off things that fill me up like bread and focusing on meats. Thats about all for now
    Jesus... I was
    5'3 106 LBS 19 years old ... Scrawny. Little to no muscle mass.

lifted for 2.5 months.. took time off.. back to the drawing board as of 5/13/07.. was 125 lbs at this time.

now 5'3 120 lbs, 20 years old. Lean. No fat. enjoyable muscle mass that I'm fairly proud of. Always looking to increase though... and I need an abdominal exercise I can do from home. suggestions please.

OK unless youre eating 6000 calories a day, then theres no problem. I bet youre eating those small meals of like 3-400 cals each. And meats are good for protien, but you need way more that that to bulk up. Fats and Carbs are your key to getting bigger, a lot of easy cals. Id focus more on protein when youre cutting after the 75 pounds youll gain in the next year or so. And as far as how many cals youre eating, you dont need to do anything drastic. Just increase 100-500 a week, based upon your feelings, and see how it goes. What exactly are you eating right now on a normal day, in terms of cals and the names?

Rick
    Bulking is living.

Weight:187 LBS
    Height:5'11
    BF:Somewhere around 13-14%

Parallel Squat: 220*8
    Deadlift(Sumo): 260*8
    Bench 165*4

My Journal- "Bulking is Living [By:Rick]"

And also if youre 5'4, 150 or so would probably be a good weigh in terms of muscle and looking more healthy. I wouldnt say that 180 for you is healthy unless you are benching around 300 and deadlifting 500. Then maybe. But make short term goals, one pound a week or so, and do overfill yourself at the beginning, take it slow.
    Bulking is living.

Weight:187 LBS
    Height:5'11
    BF:Somewhere around 13-14%

Parallel Squat: 220*8
    Deadlift(Sumo): 260*8
    Bench 165*4

My Journal- "Bulking is Living [By:Rick]"

Quote Originally Posted by RBC13
    And also if youre 5'4, 150 or so would probably be a good weigh in terms of muscle and looking more healthy. I wouldnt say that 180 for you is healthy unless you are benching around 300 and deadlifting 500. Then maybe. But make short term goals, one pound a week or so, and do overfill yourself at the beginning, take it slow.
    He's 6'1".

Wannabebig New Member

Thanks

Than You...I'm going to try out N-Large2....and yes I am eating about six or seven 300-400 calorie meals a day..but I'm getting ready to start working like I've never worked before...I'll post my results as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTone
    Than You...I'm going to try out N-Large2....and yes I am eating about six or seven 300-400 calorie meals a day..but I'm getting ready to start working like I've never worked before...I'll post my results as they come.
    Thats not nearly enough calories.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Im 19yrs old and when i first started training I couldnt gain a pound. From the age of 16-18 of solid training i gained a total of 5lbs! I wus so depressed because of it and wanted to do anything to change my weight just like you. I thought I had the worst genetics and no matter wut I did I could never gain a pound. My weight could only get up to 135 for the longest time ever at 5'8". Now im finally training smart, eating properly, and getting quality rest. In 8 months now ive gained 25lbs. Ive never been so happy with my progress and I only plan to keep going harder. Im not sure what shakes your on but whatever your on, switch it to N-large2. It's the best weight gainer out there, i promise you. The scoop size is small, it tastes so good, and best of all, it works when taken properly. To start off take 1/2 serving 3 times a day. After breakfast, 45 mins b4 ur workout, and right b4 u go to bed. And throughout the day, you need to consume as much food as possible. Dont aim for a certain time to eat, just eat as often as u can and ur stomach will get used to the intake and youll be able to eat more and more as time goes on. Eating everything from tuna, all types of meat, cottage cheese, cheese, rice, frozen dinners even. Just eat it all and it will come. Other than that, I hope your training right. Wut does ur schedule look like?

What intensity&focus said... I'm his training partner and we work together to gain. I have gained like him, and since I have been taking N large, my weight moves up beautifully. But, if somone thinks that a protein shake is going to do it for them your dead wrong. You have to get your eating and training to full capacity first, and the N-Large just pushes yuover the edge.