The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Too far?

Banned

Too far?

Alright guys. Just a little freaked out at the moment, this being my first serious bulking stage I do not know how far to go. I started this bulk at around 150 pounds and as of right now I would have to wager I'm at about 175. Thats a 25 pound increase, My question to you guys is where is the stopping point? I'm not fat right now, but I do have extra fat I've been noticing.

I know someone is gonna say bulk until you cant stand to look at yourself. But I want some other opinions...Do you think I should just bulk it out until about 185-190 then cut after the winter? Or start cutting now?

Also if I were to begin cutting now at 175 BF is about 12% about how much would I weigh if I wanted to get down to about 8%? just curious...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

do what you want man. if you don't think you're fat, i say keep going

yeah keep going until you are sick and tired of food

Dude, I'm sure the 12% is just an estimation, but if that's all your body fat is, you've got a looooong way you can still go. 75% of the US population probably walks around with 15%+, and that's just the way they live their lives - they're not even trying to put weight on.

F'n skinny people.

Don't ask for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.

I say bulk upto just before obesity but since you probably wont, around 15ish is a good place to stop. We cant just tell you what weight to bulk upto cause there are to many different factors for people.
    Last edited by ROMANMAN; 01-11-2006 at 03:53 PM.

Iron4Life
    Gutz.. it really depends upon your goals...
    Do you have some?
    Do you wanna be the biggest freak out there? Then keep on bulking...
    Is there a contest around the corner??
    Are there some chicks who like your abs?
    Is there a weight class you are trying to make for a PL or wrestling competition?

His goals are in big letters on his sig dude

Banned
    You're 15 years old. I wouldn't even think about cutting until you are finished growing (I assume you are not).

Banned
    Alright well I've decided that I will keep bulking...I wanna be the biggest ****in freak out there. I know I need to do this, I just question what it is I am doing from time to time. also I'm gonna take a picture unflexed front shot. Give me some estimates.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Id say maybe like 13-15 but im not expert.

Banned
    2nd opinions?

If you lost 8 pounds of only fat you'd be at 8%, assuming you are at 12% now, but I think you are probably closer to the 16-19% range.

I'd say you're in the high teens for bf%, but it's hard to tell from the pics. Worry about increasing lifts and cardio performance and body composition will fall into place, especially at your age.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

you look about 17% bf, and ya keep bulking till you can't stand it....I know you were dying to hear that
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Bear with me a sec. Bulk until you can't bear the fat. That could mean 12% or 22%, your call.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

It's all about time. You want 190 and 10% then at some point you're going to have to get above 190 and cut to 10%.

Is that now? Is that later? Up to you. I'm starting to get a lot of compliments from the ladies in the office about how 'athletic' I'm looking and I'm well above 20% bf. A trainer at the gym said she thought I was looking really 'thick' and 'solid'. I'm 30, though, so women my age don't expect a man to be rock hard.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Banned
    Alright thanks guys. Basically my fear is that I will get so high in the bf department that it will be hard to come back from but I am still bulking. Its just the added fat gets to me at times.

Well it is never going to be easier to cut, it mostly comes down to discipline. However, if you bulk more before you cut you will be able to eat more calories while you are cutting because you will have more muscle mass. You might want to consider bulking for another three months or so and then start cutting for summer if youíre worried about your appearance.