Thread: First BJJ Tournament

First BJJ Tournament

Well guys, I got back from my first tournament yesterday, and I'm sorry, but I didn't win it for WBB. There were well over 100 people competiting, and 16 in just my division alone. I made the mistake of not eating or drinking all day, and my body burned out on me halfway through the match. I didn't lose by submission (lost by points) but I just didn't have anything in the tank to compete with. The guy I lost to was VERY strong, and a 4 stripe white belt, which means pretty soon he'll be making the bump to blue belt. I hate to lose, but I learned so much by competiting and I'm glad I did. This download should be much faster than it normally is, as I'm using a different host.

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...82VMQYREXE8QHP

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I congratulate you for having the sack to admit to this forum that you didn't eat before any competition.

on a more serious note, hope you had fun, learned a bit, and better luck next time.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Hahaha, I know I know. I ate something like for breakfast, and I was under the impression that I would be competiting shortly after arriving at the tournament. Well 12 rolled around and I hadn't competed yet, but I figured that any minute now they'd call me up, and I didn't want a lot on my stomach. By two, I didn't think many divisions were left, so any second now they should call me. Well I was wrong there. Got at the venue at about 9:30, and didn't compete until after 4. Lesson learned.

sweet,it's an experience, i'm sure you'll do well next time
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Glade you learn your lesson. I am still confused on what I just finish watching. What are the rules for the BJJ Tournament?...
    Blood, Sweat, and Years (My Journal)

You WILL hate yourself later if you actually commit to the lifestyle and your legs are lagging.

-Hatred

GF- Thanks. I'm gonna try my best. At least I know what to expect now.

Utopian- At the BJJ tourney, each match is a max 5 minutes. You are granted points for different positions that you hold (ie mount=4, rear mount,hooks in= 4 etc etc). These points add up during the 5 minutes. If you nobody wins by submission, then the person with the highest point total wins. That guy had more points than me, so he won.

was it the budweiser cup?
    the fear of losing removes the desire to win

The Budweiser Jiu Jitsu World Cup is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament held in Concord, NC every year. Usually draws over 100 competitors.