Thread: Videos of oly lifts?

Videos of oly lifts?

Where is a good site to see videos of oly lifts being performed correctly. Looking for cleans, snatches, jerks and all that.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    Where is a good site to see videos of oly lifts being performed correctly. Looking for cleans, snatches, jerks and all that.
    HERE
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Hatchdome is good too.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Mint
    There's videos in this forum of Dimas and Charakov.

http://www.hatchdome.com/home.htm
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

Wow, awesome site. I just checked one of the videos out (power clean) and i was very impressed. I like that vid better than the one they use for CF.
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Not probably the best for watching form, but there are clips here too: http://www.chidlovski.net/liftup/e_movie_theater.asp
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

That's insane. Do they mean his 4th attempt that night??
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Yes. Yes, it is!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I can't believ eyou guys posted crossfit for OL vids. Their form is way off... and who in their right mind advocates doing OL's for 20+ reps...

I agree that some of the CF workouts dont show correct form but the specific lift videos of the hang clean, hang power clean, etc., are broken down pretty well. I could have been more specific as to which vids showed proper form, but i really didnt think it was necessary. I was just pointing him into a direction where he could look up some of the lifts and its components.

That being said the ones at hatchdome are much better.
    Height - 5'10"