Thread: Heart Jumping

Banned

Heart Jumping

My heart for no reason will beat really fast for like a few seconds and it feels kinda weird, anyone have any similar experiences?

This occurs like every month or two, sometimes more occasionally than that.

Any thoughts?? It just happens randomly, like if I'm sitting and eating dinner, or watching tv, or walking outside, or anything. weird

I've been told it may be a benign murmur, but I dunno

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    The only time I noticed irregular heart beat is when I was taking ECA Stacks (Ephedra, Caffeine, Aspirin). That was way back in 1997 and said I would never use it again... Are you taking any suppliments? That could be the cause. Otherwise, there are quite a few people who have the condition naturally. Quote from a google search

Arrhythmia
    An arrhythmia is a disturbance of the normal rhythm of the heart. The heart normally beats between sixty and eighty times a minute. Arrhythmia is when the heart rate becomes abnormally rapid, slow and/or irregular.
    In addition

Arrythmias are very common and may occur naturally, or be due to heart disease or other causes, such as a reaction to a drug. Arrhythmia may occur continuously or just occasionally.
    I wouldn't be too worried about it, but if you are taking some sort of drug/suppliments, be sure to remove them and see if it fixest the problem. But for the most part, you should not be concerned over this.

Edit ** I am not a doctor, so I don't want to say that it isn't a big deal, but I can say in most cases it is not... Might want to check some other sources or see the man (or woman) in white clothes for a proper diagnosis.
    Last edited by ArchAngel777; 01-09-2006 at 02:23 PM.

I get a heart flutter at least once a month, if not two or three times. It also happens with some antibiotics I've taken in the past. I've never worried about it

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Determined
    Palpitations are normal.. as long as they go away. When they don't, you may be in atrial fibrillation (abnormal heartbeat). Your heart may feel out of rhythm and your pulse may race.. I have had 3 documented cases of a-fib. I had to be put on drugs for the first time to slow my heartbeat down and get back into a sinus rhythm, so that was a 2 day stay in the hospital. The last 2 times I was cardioverted (shocked with the paddles), which feels about the equivalent of being hit with a baseball bat. If you are in a-fib long enough (many hours to days) you are at risk of having a stroke or other serious heart problems. Thanks to stellar genes, I also have high BP, which is a trigger for a-fib. But I'm now on BP meds, and stay clear of stimulants. I have also found out that my testosterone level is very low (213 total), which can also play a hand in abnormal heartbeats.. so I've been waiting 3 months to see a doc about that. So as long as your heart calms down after a few seconds and beats regularly again, you're ok.. otherwise you need to take a trip to the ER.
    Paul | 24 | 6'0"
    212 lbs

summary - its probably not a big deal, but you should see a doctor about it and see what they think, when you get around to it. I have a similar condition to yours. I noticed it around age 13-14 and never thought much of it. I used EC stack for a while and that made it worse, and I swore EC off forever. I still haven't gone to the doctor, but I think I really should. I just keep forgetting about it as it is pretty minor, and only happens a few times a month now that I quit EC.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

Iron4Life
    I've had one for >20 years.. never worried about until my mother died last year at an early age of heart attack...

Doctor said go though the tests.. EKG, Ultrasounds, etc... last one is tomorrow, looking for heart that is "too" muscular...

If you go to the Doc, he is probably going to want to know your family's history.. so have it on hand.. anyone in the family die young from heart problems?

Good luck.. and don't worry, you are young.. and healthy...

I get this too, im 15.

I was getting something similar up until a few days ago, It lasted about 2 weeks.
    Mine just felt like one odd heavy beat here and there sometimes every minute or so.
    I got some tests done and there wasent really anything that could be done for it , luckly now its gone.
    I would go get it checked out though any heart problems have to be treated seriously imo (not trying to worry you or anything).
    Hope its nothing to worry about though

Banned
    thanks a lot guys

Ditto on what others said. Get it checked out if it happens often. Best to be safe when it comes to your ticker.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Interesting that this thread popped up. I've recently noticed that my heart is doing crazy **** sometimes, like it's beating normally then it has an UBER beat where I physically feel it, and it disrupts me. I hope I'm not dying. I'm cutting down all caffeine (bar dietsoda and greentea) and stimulants to see if they are the problem.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

I use to get that crud a load. A load of times, its nothing more than just gas, so just try to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by AzBboy
    I use to get that crud a load. A load of times, its nothing more than just gas, so just try to relax.
    gas as in burps or farts? i don't think that'd make ur heart beat fast or irregularly.. and if u meant gas in the heart, i was under the impression that air bubbles in veins that travel to the heart are not good.

to the OP - listen to everybody and get it checked out just to be safe.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Mr. Puniverse
    Its called a PVC. Do a search for heart flutters/palpitations.
    People who are stressed out with anxiety get them. I used to get them all the time, and still do on occasion. You can relax, because they are pretty harmless.