Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: IGF-1's Workout CD #2 - For Heavy metal/Heavy Rock Lovers.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Head Full Of Ghosts IGF-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    192

    IGF-1's Workout CD #2 - For Heavy metal/Heavy Rock Lovers.

    1.Prime STH - I'm Stupid
    2.Sevendust - Denial
    3.Disturbed - Voices
    4.Perfect Circle - Diary of a madman
    5.Tool- Lateralis
    6.Tool - Sober
    7.Crash palace - Perfect
    8. Powerman 5000 - UltraMega
    9. Disturbed - The Game
    10. Henry Rollins Band - Liar
    11. POD - Alive
    12. Pod - Youth of the Nation


    ---Burn Yourself a copy with that as a playlist and hit the gym, defineately gives me an added intensity
    "....but this whole sport is based on craziness. Let's face it, you have to be ludicrous to be in this game. You won't make any money; it's the most difficult sport on Earth, I don't care what anybody says. You bust your ass in the gym for a lousy trophy that falls apart by the time you get it home, but it's a sport of love. You do it because you love it."
    -Bob Chicherillo, IFBB pro

  2. #2
    MACHINE
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    on the short bus
    Posts
    0
    Sorry, not hard enough for me.

    Maybe for cardio...
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

    5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

  3. #3
    King Nothing ericg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    6,196
    how bouts u send me a copy!!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

    My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

  4. #4
    WBBs motivational Speaker Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Between a girls ties!
    Posts
    4,593
    and you need some AC/DC, thunderstruck, back in black,
    and some good olde shiat, I am hoochie coochie man, Muddy Waters and John lee hokker, Boom Boom Boom.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

  5. #5
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    on the 7th hour...of the 7th day...of the 7th month...

    rock your into the blues, man?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  6. #6
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    0
    I've got a cd with Jimi Hendrix doing a cover of hoochie. Cool song.

  7. #7
    WBBs motivational Speaker Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Between a girls ties!
    Posts
    4,593
    yes, I play the guitar, and started to learn it with Blues as my first lessons.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

  8. #8
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    a hendrix cover of hoochie coochie man, MWB? i would love to hear that.

    learn something new about you every day, Rock. I like muddy waters, and ledbetter. jellyroll morton too.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  9. #9
    Banned Reinier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    south west Holland Europe
    Posts
    8,842
    Jimi Hendrix = ACE.

  10. #10
    Senior Member jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    176

    Re: IGF-1's Workout CD #2 - For Heavy metal/Heavy Rock Lovers.

    Originally posted by IGF-1
    1.Prime STH - I'm Stupid
    2.Sevendust - Denial
    3.Disturbed - Voices
    4.Perfect Circle - Diary of a madman
    5.Tool- Lateralis
    6.Tool - Sober
    7.Crash palace - Perfect
    8. Powerman 5000 - UltraMega
    9. Disturbed - The Game
    10. Henry Rollins Band - Liar
    11. POD - Alive
    12. Pod - Youth of the Nation
    Interesting what age does to you. I haven't heard of one single band on that list. I was, what many will consider, a metal head. My favorite heavy rock bands (to list a few):
    Iron Maiden, Led Zepp, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Dio, etc..

  11. #11
    As I Am Paul Stagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    Posts
    8,668
    Jar, those were some of my faves, too... although I try to keep up with the youngsters.

    I love Tool. I also like Sevendust a lot.

    Perfect Circle sound like Tool, not quite as talented, but good.

    Powerman 5000, IMHO, are awful. I saw them open for KISS. A bunch of monkeys on heroin could have played better.

    I just got the Disturbed CD. I like it. Very heavy, not really rap-metal, somewhere between rap-metal and Pantera.

    Henry Rollins was the lead singer for Black Flag. His band is more metal than punk.

    I've not heard of Crash Palace

    I don't like POD. I'm not into the metal/rap stuff.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

  12. #12
    Canadian Juggalo Twiztid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,109
    Not heavy enough...

    Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Obiturary, Pantera, Slayer, Six Feet Under, Mortician, Benumb...

    I have a metal mixed cd that gives me intensity.. also makes me want to kill people and worship the devil, but hey.. intensity comes at a price

    I am a total metal-head.. which suprises people when they know I am down with Psycopathic.

    I like all kinds of music, except country...
    Stay Down With The

    Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

  13. #13
    ------------------- ultraviolence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    72
    Originally posted by Twiztid
    Not heavy enough...

    Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Obiturary, Pantera, Slayer, Six Feet Under, Mortician, Benumb...

    I have a metal mixed cd that gives me intensity.. also makes me want to kill people and worship the devil, but hey.. intensity comes at a price

    I am a total metal-head.. which suprises people when they know I am down with Psycopathic.

    I like all kinds of music, except country...
    Cannibal Corpse are great musically, but the subject matter and singing quality leaves a lot to be desired. Napalm Death are way down on my list. Obiturary are okay. Pantera has only one really good album and thats Vulgar Display of Power. Phil had his singing much more masculine in that one. Nothing can beat Slayer for goose bump producing music. Slayer help me a lot with my lifts.

    What about Ministry, Sepultura, RATM, Armoured Angel, Fear Factory, and Metallica - And Justice for all...?

    Have you heard of Wumpscut, Ultraviolence, Leatherstrip, etc. Hardcore electronica/industrial? Also great for the weights...

  14. #14
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    you know...country really gets a bad rap.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  15. #15
    Senior Member TreeTrunks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Foot up TCD's ass
    Posts
    2,169
    Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Obiturary, Pantera, Slayer, Six Feet Under, Mortician, Benumb...
    I used to listen to all that crap a few years ago. Man I had like a 100 cd's of that aweful death/black/gore metal stuff. Man I was really depressed back then!

  16. #16
    Canadian Juggalo Twiztid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,109
    Originally posted by ultraviolence


    Cannibal Corpse are great musically, but the subject matter and singing quality leaves a lot to be desired. Napalm Death are way down on my list. Obiturary are okay. Pantera has only one really good album and thats Vulgar Display of Power. Phil had his singing much more masculine in that one. Nothing can beat Slayer for goose bump producing music. Slayer help me a lot with my lifts.

    What about Ministry, Sepultura, RATM, Armoured Angel, Fear Factory, and Metallica - And Justice for all...?

    Have you heard of Wumpscut, Ultraviolence, Leatherstrip, etc. Hardcore electronica/industrial? Also great for the weights...
    I like old Minstry, I am a big fan of MARZ who was part of the band with the Filth Pig album (his real name is Zulak or something). Old Sepultura for sure.. not a big fan of D. Green, the new singer... some new stuff is ok... RATM is good, Fear Factory - HELL YEAH!!! Metallica sold out. Hell, I love the old.. juts painful to listen to sometimes now, knowing how they are now...

    I've heard of Wumpscut I think.. never heard. Nore Ultraviolence.
    What do you recommend?

    Hell.. I can list TONS of bands..
    Stay Down With The

    Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

  17. #17
    Canadian Juggalo Twiztid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,109
    Originally posted by TreeTrunks
    I used to listen to all that crap a few years ago. Man I had like a 100 cd's of that aweful death/black/gore metal stuff. Man I was really depressed back then!
    Everyone takes something from the music.. sorry you got depressed. I wouldn't blame the music. Music is how you interpret it...
    Stay Down With The

    Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

  18. #18
    ------------------- ultraviolence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    72
    Originally posted by Twiztid


    I like old Minstry, I am a big fan of MARZ who was part of the band with the Filth Pig album (his real name is Zulak or something). Old Sepultura for sure.. not a big fan of D. Green, the new singer... some new stuff is ok... RATM is good, Fear Factory - HELL YEAH!!! Metallica sold out. Hell, I love the old.. juts painful to listen to sometimes now, knowing how they are now...

    I've heard of Wumpscut I think.. never heard. Nore Ultraviolence.
    What do you recommend?

    Hell.. I can list TONS of bands..
    The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste up to Filthpig is good. Some songs in the outlying CDs are also good.
    I dislike Sepultura since Max left. Before then was good.
    I only listen to one Metallica album - And Justice For All... ever since the black album came out, I felt they lost their way..

    Go to www.wumpscut.com for some wumpscut samples. Its industrial electronic, similiar to Suicide Commando, Leatherstrip, and some VNV Nation remixes. Das Ich is okay too, but not as heavy, just evil. Check out Wumpscut - Bunkertor 7. Anything by Suicide Commando is evil. Such as Psychopath, and Raise Your God. Check out Leatherstrip - Kill the Raver. Its his best.

    Ultraviolence is gabba. Gabba is hardcore electronica with a fast beat. The album to check out is called 'I, Destructor' by Ultraviolence. Its as hardcore as electronic music can get. Johnny Violent (same guy) did the worlds fastest music (contrary to what Moby claims) @ 20 million bpm. Its just a joke on his part, but shows how insane his music can be.

    What about Cubanate? or Godflesh? Front Line Assembly? Coal Chamber? ... The list is sooo long.

    What music other than death metal do you most get into?

  19. #19
    Canadian Juggalo Twiztid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,109
    I've met Coal Chamber... Hung out with Dez after a show a few years back in Toronto. Their only Canadian Date on that round of the LOCO tour. He took me on the bus and let me hear a few songs they have on tape for the new album which came out 2 years later called "Chamber Music". He was such a wicked guy!

    Anyways, I listen to lots of stuff besides "metal".

    - Morrissey (www.morrissey-solo.com)
    - The Rat Pack (Sinatra, Martin, Sammy Davis JR, Bellafonte)
    - Dean Martin (i'll listen him seperate cuz I like him the most out of the pack
    - The Cure
    - The Smiths
    - Old Depeche Mode
    - Insane Clown Posse (www.insaneclownposse.com)
    - Twiztid (www.twiztid.com) [My fav band]
    - Blaze (www.blazeyadeadhomie.com)
    - Psychopathic Rydas
    - Dark Lotus
    - GWAR (www.gwar.net)
    - Rave shxt
    - Jazz / Blues

    Whatever sounds good to me, I like. People diss on me for ICP and then are confused when I throw on some 50's stsyle Rat Pack music... oh well. Like I said, if it sounds good to me, I like it.

    There are a couple TOP 40 bands that I like a song of... but that is usually it, one song that I get bored of quickly.

    Oh, there is one album that I could listen to over and over and never get bored of, cuz every song is good. Pennywise - "About Time"

    Anyways, off to the gym....
    Stay Down With The

    Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

  20. #20
    ------------------- ultraviolence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    72
    Originally posted by Twiztid
    I've met Coal Chamber... Hung out with Dez after a show a few years back in Toronto. Their only Canadian Date on that round of the LOCO tour. He took me on the bus and let me hear a few songs they have on tape for the new album which came out 2 years later called "Chamber Music". He was such a wicked guy!

    Anyways, I listen to lots of stuff besides "metal".

    - Morrissey (www.morrissey-solo.com)
    - The Rat Pack (Sinatra, Martin, Sammy Davis JR, Bellafonte)
    - Dean Martin (i'll listen him seperate cuz I like him the most out of the pack
    - The Cure
    - The Smiths
    - Old Depeche Mode
    - Insane Clown Posse (www.insaneclownposse.com)
    - Twiztid (www.twiztid.com) [My fav band]
    - Blaze (www.blazeyadeadhomie.com)
    - Psychopathic Rydas
    - Dark Lotus
    - GWAR (www.gwar.net)
    - Rave shxt
    - Jazz / Blues

    ....
    GWAR rules! They have so much talent. 'Sick of You' is my favourite song. Then 'The Road Behind'. Actually there is very few of their song I don't like. The singer has a voice like noone I've ever heard before. So much range and control.
    I guess their subject matter is even sicker than Cannibal Corpse.

  21. #21
    Canadian Juggalo Twiztid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,109
    GWAR is tame compared to Cannibal Corpse, as far as lyrical sickness. GWAR is more of a "joking around" band, and they have a very cool story line they have been following for years.

    I've only seen GWAR once. They can't play Canada (but will try AGAIN this new tour), so I had to travel to Buffalo to see them. WHAT A SHOW!!!

    Anyways, pick up the new CD or download it - "Violence Has Arrived". It is by far their heaviest shxt yet. I love it!
    Stay Down With The

    Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

  22. #22
    ------------------- ultraviolence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    72
    Originally posted by Twiztid
    GWAR is tame compared to Cannibal Corpse, as far as lyrical sickness. GWAR is more of a "joking around" band, and they have a very cool story line they have been following for years.

    I've only seen GWAR once. They can't play Canada (but will try AGAIN this new tour), so I had to travel to Buffalo to see them. WHAT A SHOW!!!

    Anyways, pick up the new CD or download it - "Violence Has Arrived". It is by far their heaviest shxt yet. I love it!
    I mean I understand that 'I Cum Blood' and 'Hammer Smashed Face' are sick... but don't tyou think when Gwar sing about kidnapping and anally raping (with frozen excretion) a limbless child, killing her, and dumping her body in a plastic bag by the road, that it isnt sick? Now you worry me...

    But I know they are joking, but at the same time I sure hope Cannibal Corpse are, or one of them should go see a doctor...and not play with tools...

    Last edited by ultraviolence; 01-11-2002 at 09:35 PM.

  23. #23
    Super Piddles captain piddles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    816
    I like it all motley crue to mudvayne, but I am a KoRn fanatic
    I can listen to anything but for lifting its gotta be heavy

  24. #24
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    0
    Tryska
    "a hendrix cover of hoochie coochie man, MWB? i would love to hear that. "

    It's of a double cd set called Jimi Hendrix BBC sessions. It's all live stuff, very cool.

  25. #25
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    mwb...cool....i'm gonna hae to look for it when i have some extra money for cds and stuff.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •