Thread: Only time I can get to the gym is in the morning...

Only time I can get to the gym is in the morning...

I tried a search but couldnt find what I was looking for, I usually go the gym before work 3-4x a week at around 6am. I'm trying to find a meal to eat before I lift. Should I be eating something small then after the gym eat 'breakfast'? I have not been able to find the right combination for me that works. Please advise!
    IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Ideally about an 1.5 hours before you lift you want to get a carbohydrate rich meal in, and then your post-workout shake and then a meal asap after that.

for me, I have NEVER been able to workout in the morning, let alone 6am, I am weaker becuase I only work at my best with a lot of calories in.

If you work out at 6am, get up atleast 5am and eat just a good breakfast, oatmeal, eggs, etc.

i get to the gym around that time, i usually have a shake with oats and i've been adding olive oil also
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I went this morning and I had scoop of whey, honey, and creatine. I drink it on the way to the gym. This is what I drink before any workout anytime of day, it's been working well for me.