Thread: Westside Squat Ques.

Westside Squat Ques.

I was looking at west side articals and they like the method of wide below parallel squats, well when ever i try to go real wide all it does is make my groin hurt wicked bad along with the inside of my legs, is this normal?
    2000 or bust

PoutineEh
    i think i had a similar feeling with feeling sore on the inside of my legs. it was when i started atf squats. it took about a month of doing atf squats (once a week for me) before i didnt notice the soreness down there. you may not have trained that part of your body before so it will take some time to adjust

If you're changing your form, lower your weight to avoid injury and get used to the movement. You're hitting your quads from a different angle, so it's going to hurt in a diff place.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

sounds right man, ill keep going as deep as possible and see how it comes.
    2000 or bust

cg2594
    rock bottom squats are the best

Wide stance squats are different than atf squats. Unless you are tremendously flexible, you won't be able to do atf squats w. a stance much wider than your shoulders.

Until you get used to it and develop the necessary flexibility, you will have to use lighter weights when squatting w. a wide stance. You can try just doing your normal squat workout and following it w. a few stance of ultra-wide stance squats with a light weight. Gradually work your stance outward in your normal training sessions.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

ok, i will try it.
    2000 or bust