The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Cutting diet for me?

hello everyone. yes I know there are a lot of cutting diets on this forum but I can't seem to find one that is for me. I bulked up from 160lbs to 194lbs in a year (yeah I know it's slow) but I only wanted to get to 200lbs before I started cutting. Before my my diet consisted of around 4000 calories daily like this:
    Meal 1: 100g oatmeal 1 cup eggs 1 orange
    Meal 2: 32oz milk, 2 slices bread, 4 tbsp peanut butter
    Meal 3: 8oz chicken, 2 slices bread
    meal 4: weight gainer shake
    Meal 5: 8oz steak, 2 cups brocolli, 1 potatoe(sp?)
    Meal 6: bedtime protein shake.

here is my body composition:
    6'1" 24 years old, 194lbs
    Bench: 3 sets 205x6 (haven't tried more)
    Squat: 3 sets 185x8 (same as above)
    DL: : 3 sets 185x6 (again)

I am pretty comfortable in what I can lift now, but I want to begin my cutting diet. I bought some hydroxycut which I haven't taken yet, but I had a friend tell me it's great. I have the mega men multi vitamin and I also bought some green tea extract. I am clueless on what to eat when for the cutting stage. I know I have to start doing alot of cardio, but again, I have no idea to what extent. I am afraid that I'll loose some muscle mass from cutting or whatever, but from what I've read, that goes alot with it. So I figure I need a high protein, low calorie diet. not VERY low calorie, but a few hundred below what my body burns normally? I know it's going to be a slow process, but I figure if I start now, i can have my lean body ready for the summer. Any feedback is appreciated. If you guys could map out something I could eat daily or point me to a website I'd be much appreciative. Thanks alot you guys rock

-E
    Last edited by eaj0010; 01-21-2006 at 10:09 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

just subtract 500 calories from your diet now, that will lead to a lb a week
    make sure your protein is at 1-1.5g\lb LBM and fats at least 0.5g/lb.. throw whatever else you want in it
    I don't have time. I make time.

You can eat the same food you do now but just eat smaller portions (as long as your eating nutrient dense food). Thats what works for me.

Wannabebig New Member
    Yeah I am tracking caloric intake now. For some reason though, my fats seem really low. I calculated like 70g fat, 300carb, and 250 protein. I think the problem I am having is that I don't know what foods have that will offset deficits.

Put your foods into fitday ahead of time, and fiddle with the amounts until you get the mix you want.

On a cut, you're fighting hunger, so maybe drop the carbs a bit and crank up the fats.