Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's my bicep routine?

How's my bicep routine?

ok is this overtraining or undertraining?total of 10 sets for biceps.i train it once a week same day with triceps.i do back with forearms on dfrnt day. back and forearms on tuesday and bicep and tris on friday

bb curl-4 sets 8-6 reps
    db alternate curl- 3 sets 8-6 reps
    concentration curl- 3 sets 8-6 reps

is 12 sets for bis too much?and also, how many sets should i do for tris?

Imho-12 sets is way too many sets for a muscle as small as the biceps. I dont really like hitting a muscle group once a week either. You might be better with a push/pull, upper-lower, or a full body routine. Im doing a full body routine right now to get 3 growth cycles. My bicep sets are 2..at the end of my workout.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

im jus wondering overall are you doing chest work? and are you doing compound movements? And leg work?
    [Journal | My Diet]
    [Bench 170x5 | Squat 255x5 | Deadlift 300x5]
    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried."

Is there such a thing as a bicep routine?

Just do rows, chins and t-bar rows. Plus maybe a 2x8 hamme curl set and you're good to go.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Occupational Hypnomania
    Yes give us your whole split, dont be lazy Im sure theres lots of areas you could improve rather than just your biceps.

I do 2 bicep workouts a week. The first involves compounds for back and rear dealts and finsihes with 2 sets of EZ bar curls (I got my new EZ bar yesterday) the 2nd bicep workout is EZ bar curls, hammers 2 sets of each. The 2nd workout is the lighter of the two done at the end of chest day.

Your entire routine is poorly designed. Do yourself a favor and spend the next couple of weeks reading every thread from the past 30 days. You'll be miles ahead from where you are now.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MassAppeal
    ok is this overtraining or undertraining?total of 10 sets for biceps.i train it once a week same day with triceps.i do back with forearms on dfrnt day. back and forearms on tuesday and bicep and tris on friday

bb curl-4 sets 8-6 reps
    db alternate curl- 3 sets 8-6 reps
    concentration curl- 3 sets 8-6 reps

is 12 sets for bis too much?and also, how many sets should i do for tris?
    thing you need to ask your self, what do your arms feel like after your work out and the following days
    are they sore, and your giving them enough rest that they are not sore at all when you start working them again?
    or are they not sore at all?
    or are they sore all the time and your not letting them rest enough before you start working them again?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    ^^

Soreness is not an indicator of growth.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    ya not nessicarily, but it is an indication on how hard you have been working them at least.
    If i work them hard and they get sore, and give them enough time to rest, then they do get stronger and grow, at least for me. if i dont feel them i usually get weaker and shrink.

How do you quantify how much work you did?
    Total weight moved? Average Power Generated? Work output?

Volume indicates DOMs for me. It doesn't always yield good results either.

Have you ever felt like jamming a pencil in your eye?

ya not nessicarily, but it is an indication on how hard you have been working them at least.
    If i work them hard and they get sore, and give them enough time to rest, then they do get stronger and grow, at least for me. if i dont feel them i usually get weaker and shrink.
    No and no. They also aren't an indication of how hard you worked. If you're seeing progress, that's all that matters. Some people don't even get sore and they make great gains.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    No and no. They also aren't an indication of how hard you worked. If you're seeing progress, that's all that matters. Some people don't even get sore and they make great gains.
    i beg to differ, least for me and what works for me in my 15 years of lifting.
    coarse ive never have taken the juice so i have to push myself harder to get gains and keep growing.

Maybe you should unlearn your 15 years of anecdotal evidence and learn the science behind muscular hypertrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk
    coarse ive never have taken the juice so i have to push myself harder to get gains and keep growing.

What Scarz said. Just because you believe it, doesn't make it true.

Banned
    i believe it cause it works for me, funny how guys read alot and think they know it all but the results dont show on them., or they are weak for their body size.

What are your goals? If it's to get bigger, most people stick in the 5-8 range. Endurance athletes can go much higher, and powerlifters generally stay around 4-5. Also....SQUAT!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

if i dont feel them i usually get weaker and shrink.
    What the hell does that mean? You're huge one day and then you do a bicep routine and not get sore. then you have puny, weak arms a day later?

Muscles don't get bigger or smaller (or stronger or weaker) that quickly.

(BTW: the Shift keys are right next to the "Z" and "?" keys on most computers. They come in handy sometimes.)
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Soreness is not an indicator of growth.
    I say we get rid of the WBB logo on the tops of these web pages and put this in its place...

i believe it cause it works for me, funny how guys read alot and think they know it all but the results dont show on them., or they are weak for their body size.
    Funny how you assume that all the people who are telling you this (and will continue to tell you this, especially on these boards) are weak for their body size.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    What the hell does that mean? You're huge one day and then you do a bicep routine and not get sore. then you have puny, weak arms a day later?

Muscles don't get bigger or smaller (or stronger or weaker) that quickly.

(BTW: the Shift keys are right next to the "Z" and "?" keys on most computers. They come in handy sometimes.)
    all i'm saying is if you dont put in the effort you dont get the results, if i put in the effort the muscle i'm working ussually gets sore., understand now.

BY THE WAY I FOUND THAT SHIFT KEY YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT< HMM I WONDERED WHY THEY PUT THAT THERE

Banned
    Funny how you assume that all the people who are telling you this (and will continue to tell you this, especially on these boards) are weak for their body size.
    ok, shoot me then, whats your body weight and raw bench?

all i'm saying is if you dont put in the effort you dont get the results, if i put in the effort the muscle i'm working ussually gets sore., understand now.
    That's what you experience, but you shouldn't be basing your entire muscular development on DOMS. Your experience does not work for everyone. The science, however, does.

BY THE WAY I FOUND THAT SHIFT KEY YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT< HMM I WONDERED WHY THEY PUT THAT THERE
    You're still not using it in your sentences.

Wow, you're missing the point. And since when is raw bench an indicator of overall physical strength? (hint: it's not)
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 11-15-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Why bench? Why not something like the big 3?