The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Injury question and exercise question

I took a break from working out for a month and am now trying to get back on track (holidays will always do it)

Anyway I am trying to get back on track with Routine 1. Can someone tell me what hits the arms harder overall the hammer curls or seated incline curls?

Secondly I enjoy doing close grip presses for tri's but wonder would I find it more beneficial doing French Press'?

Last of all I have tendonitius in my elbow so I can't do Front Press so it Arnold Press ok as subsitute?

Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I like to mix it up between hammer curls, barbell curls, and incline curls. I like French press and haven't really touched a cable machine in a long time. I like Arnold press and just started doing military presses (not sure if these would bother your elbow).

all push/pull will hit your arms,i like both hammer curls and incline curls.

Try the Arnold press and see how it feels
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Doesn't WBB1 have BOTH the french press and close grip bench ? I use the routine so I'm pretty sure it does. As for effectivness I switched from a intense routine to WBB1 and have had more improvment. I find as long as I'm really testing myself that the exercise doesn't matter too much to me. In my opinion it comes down to the preffered motion you would rather do. My biceps have imporoved, and as long as the weight is heavy enough and has a high intensity for me it gets the job done. You can always modify the routine, just check with the people here first. They know their shiot .

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keano
    Anyway I am trying to get back on track with Routine 1. Can someone tell me what hits the arms harder overall the hammer curls or seated incline curls?
    Doesn't matter. Whichever you like more.

Secondly I enjoy doing close grip presses for tri's but wonder would I find it more beneficial doing French Press'?
    If you have tendonitus in your elbows, french press will likely hurt like a biatch.

Last of all I have tendonitius in my elbow so I can't do Front Press so it Arnold Press ok as subsitute?
    Yes, it's a fair substitute.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Doesn't matter. Whichever you like more.

If you have tendonitus in your elbows, french press will likely hurt like a biatch.

Yes, it's a fair substitute.
    Wow, I can actually understand a post by Crippy.

His advice is legit.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

Wannabebig Member
    Thank you