Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting date ideas?

Interesting date ideas?

I'm honest, I hate going to the movies. I like to get to know people, but I'm a cheap bastard to boot. Well, not really

Anyway, I'm looking for obscure date ideas. Just plain ol damn interesting, the kind of idea where the girl (or guy) is just taken back by the idea - yet highly amused.

Help me out pimps of WBB!

well what kind of date. daytime nighttime firstdate girlfriend date...also do u live near a big town....i once took a girl horseback riding put good time, i hate country music and stuff and she knew that so i made a country music cd for the car ride got a couple of cowboy hats for us to wear whent horseback riding then whent to a country themed bar.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

take a nice walk on the beach,get some ice cream, talk get to know each other
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Mikey - This one in particular is a night time date, friday night, first date. I live 20 minutes from the city, 20 minutes from the beach, and 20 minutes from nowhere. Its a handy place to be.

GF - Yeah, I like.

Oh well, its ended up with her coming 'round/going out for dinner and maybe going out to a club/pub. Something exciting and differant, haha.

Anyway, keep coming with the ideas!

Haha I'm with Risk. Ideas are very much needed
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

hope you had fun, was she nice?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Its for this Friday night coming But I like your positive thinking.

good luck,i hope you both get along

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Mini golf is the ultimate date. It's cheap, lots of kino oppertunities, you are doing something and you have something to talk about.

Picnic on the beach followed by a nice walk is good, esp since your down under =) Sunsets are always a + and should score you some brownie points!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    Mini golf is the ultimate date. It's cheap, lots of kino oppertunities, you are doing something and you have something to talk about.
    Hmm that's something I never think of. Good idea though.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

take her to a shooting range and take turns firing off a few rounds. I promise she will be impressed with the originality and you can still get to know eachother as opposed to sitting through a movie.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    take her to a shooting range and take turns firing off a few rounds. I promise she will be impressed with the originality and you can still get to know eachother as opposed to sitting through a movie.
    Plus, if she doesn't like you, she can permanently remove you from circulation with just one shot. Or vice versa.

Actually, I think this is a great suggestion. Shotguns at a skeet shooting place are great too. It's outside, it's fun, it gives you something to do together and talk about.

Movie is the worst first date idea. I don't know why so many people do it. Even dinner is better (though I try to avoid that, too... I went on a first date last night and we ended up eating. Date lasted 5 hours and I had to go to the washroom 3 times thanks to keeping hydrated.)

Mini-golf is great. So is a walk on the beach in the summer. A walk anywhere usually goes over well.. Tennis is very fun if you both suck and can laugh about it. Bowling can be as well, even if it's a little loud. Actually, anything you can suck at together (not that way) is awesome if you both are easy going and have a sense of humor.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Go for a walk somewhere interesting, even if you have to drive to where you are going to walk. If you live near a city, check out an interesting museum, if you're both intellectual people. Art galleries, somewhere you can see some live music, a restaurant with a jazz or blues band, a local carnival or festival (corny but usually fun, anyway), an interesting park, botanical gardens, a game (basketball or hockey are fast paced and fun to watch), a good but hidden/out-of-the-way restaurant, or just a day exploring the countryside or a small, quaint resort town. Active fun things could be laser tag, a go-kart track, bowling, or driving range/mini-golf and batting cages.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

For a good, cheap "day" date: dress up kinda nice and test drive luxury cars.

Do you like photography? You can take a trip into the city or to a park and take some photos.

You are near the beach? Fishing is pretty cheap.

You could go rollerblading or biking.

Museums and/or art galleries are cheap.

Stay in with pizza and video games.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Go somewhere that she will remember.

mmm... discipline
    :withstupi Yeah, drop her off at my place. You can pick her up the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k
    Mikey - This one in particular is a night time date, friday night, first date. I live 20 minutes from the city, 20 minutes from the beach, and 20 minutes from nowhere. Its a handy place to be.
    See now that's perfect. You can take her into the city and show her a good time. If she doesn't put out, then you're only 20 minutes away from drowning her in the ocean, or burying her out in the middle of nowhere.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Take her to the inner city in your dad's car and scream racial slurs out the window. When you are attacked, defend her honor with your life.

You want to be unforgettable? I would bet anything that she'll show up for your funeral.

HAHAHAH
    it's only 23 days into 2006... but fast forward to 2007!
    cuz xian just won 'post of the year' hands down

Banned
    uh i'm gonna have to go ahead and ask for a recount

Stay home, order pizza, and play games. Its good for night or day, first date or long time. Everyone likes a good game. Board games, video games, any kind of game. It'll be fun and you'll get to know each other. If you need suggestions for games, try Scattergories, Dominoes, cards, Jenga, something like. If you're into video games, my girlfriend is quite fond of the original Timesplitters for PS2. Just a suggestion.

Or you could go the WBB way and take her to the gym.

wow, I hope everyone that posted in this thread is about 16. Mini golf, board games? Wow.

What are her interests, thats all that matters. I like this girl that teaches dance and ballet. I plan on either taking her to the ballet, opera, or salsa lessons. Sound gay, yes, but it will mean 1000x's more than any dinner/movie date she has ever had.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

The problem with those types of events (with the exception of the salsa, which is a pretty good one) is that you have to be QUIET. You might as well just be two strangers vaugely attracted to each other sitting beside each other.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg