Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobs

Australia - Where the women really go down under!

Jobs

sorry guys and gals if something similar has been posted before, but just wandering what sort of jobs people in here work? Im sure we have a wide variety of occupations all come together to do something they love.

I'll start with myself...

Im 16 and still at school, hoping to go into medicine, looking a dentistry at the moment, but for now im working part-time at Wooloworths in the Deli.
    You know, all the cold meat, seafood, processed meats I call it Fenrir's chicken farm
    Last edited by Fenrir; 02-19-2006 at 01:02 AM.
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

I'm eighteen. I was fired today (very long story).

I used to be an all purpose pizza shop guy (preparing ingredients, actually compiling pizzas, baking them in industrial oven, etc.).

I guess I'm in the market, then. I don't know what I want to do right now while still in school.
    Last edited by Organichu; 02-19-2006 at 01:23 AM.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

lol im not a big fan of pizza...previous jobs i have had i worked as replenishment/nightfill at kmart, but it became to much as i needed to get my sleep at night before enduring another day at school...then i worked as a dishwasher at a club, but i hated it so quit, good money but i hated the work so much...and since then im just a deli boy...

if ur still at school then just look into a job at a supermarket, something easy, or i'm sure you could find another job similar to the one u already had...
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

I'm looking for something with better pay (only marginally, which is obvious considering my experience and credentials) and am willing to carry significantly more responsibilities.

I'm not talking $50,000/year.. but it'd be nice to clear a solid 9+ dollars an hour.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

security for now, cant stand it. looking for something in manual labor, heavy lifting.

first two jobs were at a supermarket and an auto body shop finishing cars.

eventually planning on school for graphic design and digital photography (want to do cd covers, movie posters, tshirts, hats, etc.) the music community here is large and faithful enough to start a first business and get a good reputation in the industry.
    By Any Means Necessary

"The Best thing god can give me is enemies" rodrigo gracie

"Pain, I like it rough, Cause I'd Rather feel pain than nothing at all" Three Days Grace

"act like a man, f--k like a man, fight like possessed."

sounds good diezel

Smelly old butcher.

My choices to move on;

Back door it into University and study to become a Health Inspector
    Buy a shop
    Work as a Butcher in a gourmet shop (this I would really like to do)
    Work in a boning room, not my cup of tea - but what ever.

Other options;
    Get into uni to study as a nutritionist
    Do some kind of Personal Trainer course
    Get my crowd control cert. So I can bounce (gotta get to 250lbs first, only 45 to go )
    Take up Audio Engineering/sound production

After all is said and done, I'd rather be a meat head - working a 9-5 job picking up heavy things and mooving them to where the heavy things go.

Grasshoppa
    Biochemistry...probably going back to study for Pharmacy school, though. My first goal is to get off my lazy ass and do it.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Architecture. Will go in for my license in a year or so, then I'll be able to call myself Architect.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I work part time as a fluffer
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    So you're the one who filled the position. I knew I wasn't the only applicant.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Microbiology/genetics, but I'm working retail to take a break.

some smart people, lots dealing with health and food...interesting :P

Graduate with my BSEE in May. Looking for a job right now, so if anyone has the hook up.
    Nick V

Wannabebig Member
    24 here supervisor for pharmacy wanna advance but with wife and kid but theres no time for schooling left between a very busy schedule but the advancement will be in computer technology

(life dream to own a computer store)

I deliver auto parts in a box-bed Tacoma.

I don't make much money but I don't need much either, plus I don't have anybody bitching at me all day. I work alone 90% of the time. Its fantastic.

Yup, you managed to get a big ol chunk of carbonara on my monitor, thanks buddy.

IT Tech, looking to move up to Systems Admin, or Network Admin.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

I did that for a while. I hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh BDK
    I deliver auto parts in a box-bed Tacoma.

I don't make much money but I don't need much either, plus I don't have anybody bitching at me all day. I work alone 90% of the time. Its fantastic.
    You must want to kill yourself after driving around all day.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

In beastiality films.......
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

I am just wrapping up my Marketing and Econ dual major undergrad. Planning on going to law school.. studying for the LSATs now. Want to get involved in the Bio Tech sector as a contract (gulp) lawyer. Interests me.

What also interests me though is anything outdoors. If I didn't ever want to have a family I would move to the south pacific and be a scuba/surf instructor. God what a life that would be. The way I look at it though, eventually I will have time to do what I love to do outside the office as well as in the office. Who knows where I will end up.

This past summer I was a sales intern for Philip Morris (Marlboro cigarettes) hahaha. I laugh solely because I am the biggest anti-smoking advocate out there. Bad family history with the stuff. Good loot though, made 22 an hour. Expenses paid too; and I was only a junior. There were over 125 seniors vying for the position.
    "it's you against you, it's the paradox that drives us all"

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 275
    DeadLift: 335
    -------------
    Total: 895 and moving up.

Check my progress and read more in My Journal.

I must say though, that the job I previously enjoyed the most, was a manual labor job in a lumber yard. I didn't eat correctly, which is a shame, because I would have been a monster. I got REALLY cut though - had an 8 pack.
    "it's you against you, it's the paradox that drives us all"

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 275
    DeadLift: 335
    -------------
    Total: 895 and moving up.

Check my progress and read more in My Journal.

Accountant. Im amazed I have time to make this post
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A
    Accountant. Im amazed I have time to make this post
    Then why the hell does all my tax information have to be so god damned confusing???
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19