The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Tendonitis HELP!

I was told by a physical therapist that I have tendonitis in my shoulder. I did this by benching too many reps. It has been almost 3 weeks since the inury. It seems to be slowly slowly healing, but nothing significant. HOw long can I expect the pain to last in my shoulder? ANyone had it in their shoulder?

Ps I have to admit, I've been stubborn in leaving it alone a couple of times and persisted on bench pressing anyways. I will not do this again.

Ryan aka Fighter In SNatch
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Australia - Where the women really go down under!
    Sometimes the so called experts are very right! Sometimes they don't have a clue about what they are talking about! In this case though i would definitely leave it alone for now!
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

i had tendonitis in my achilles and was a complete idiot about it and just ignored it and it bothered me for two months. But after coming back from a three week vacation of lounging about (not walking much was key as well) it healed up. It should be easier to heal a shoulder than an achilles as well seeing as don't need to move your shoulder just to walk around.

my spotty advice: take about three weeks where you don't do anything to it. And if when you go back it's still not better, stop immediately and wait longer. (it only gets worse if you keep using it)

oh, there's also some stuff about icing it and heating it and taking anti inflammatories... but i never did. So you may want to look into that.
    Last edited by eatit; 01-24-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eatit
    i had tendonitis in my achilles and was a complete idiot about it and just ignored it and it bothered me for two months. But after coming back from a three week vacation of lounging about (not walking much was key as well) it healed up. It should be easier to heal a shoulder than an achilles as well seeing as don't need to move your shoulder just to walk around.

my spotty advice: take about three weeks where you don't do anything to it. And if when you go back it's still not better, stop immediately and wait longer. (it only gets worse if you keep using it)

oh, there's also some stuff about icing it and heating it and taking anti inflammatories... but i never did. So you may want to look into that.
    Thanx alot bro. I will be taking 2-3 weeks off of it till its better.

Anyone else have anything?
    Last edited by FighterInSnatch; 01-24-2006 at 10:32 AM.
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

...slow and steady...
    I've had tendonitis in both wrists flare up several times. I've pushed myself on the weights before I was fully healed and ended up making it worse. Last time I ended up on restricted duties at work. I wouldn't give it a time frame as such but simply wait until its fully healed and ease back into it. Are you being medicated or going through treatment? I've found for myself that anti-inflamatories don't make an appreciable difference but ice packs, painkillers, splints/wraps and rest helped. But that was just me and my wrists.
    Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
    John Wayne

yep,i've had wrist problems or months and went up to my forearms,obviously i didn't rest at all and got worse, then when i wasn't able to grip the bar very well that was when i told myself to take it easy
    Last edited by getfit; 01-25-2006 at 12:23 AM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by FighterInSnatch
    I was told by a physical therapist that I have tendonitis in my shoulder. I did this by benching too many reps. It has been almost 3 weeks since the inury. It seems to be slowly slowly healing, but nothing significant. HOw long can I expect the pain to last in my shoulder? ANyone had it in their shoulder?

Ps I have to admit, I've been stubborn in leaving it alone a couple of times and persisted on bench pressing anyways. I will not do this again.

Ryan aka Fighter In SNatch
    I decided to skip the entire thread and just say this. The shoulder is probably the most volatile joint in the human body. Do yourself a favor and take a few weeks break before you decide to push the envelope and 'accidently' injure yourself with a torn joint that you can not recover from. Shoulders are not to be screwed around with IMO. Gorillaz can put most of their weight on their shoulders but we have evolved to be bipedal and not put a lot of weight on our shoulders, and thus our weightlifting can cause problems.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I'll say something from my experience:
    I seem to get it very easy in my right knee. Why? I don't know. I might be squatting and my left knee will be 100 percent, while my right will be in pain.
    However, I haven't had it there for a while. I took a few weeks off and it all seems to be okay now. I pretty much haven't had any problems with my knee in at least 3 months, and I rarely miss a squat session. My arms seem to be very resistant against it... I suppose this can vary from person to person.

My advice will pretty much go along with everyone else's in this thread: Take a few weeks off. When you finally do get back, do a few light sessions and slowly work your way back up to the weight you were at before. I think you'll be fine. At the end you may even feel more confident about your shoulder's strength.