The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: love handle fat

Wannabebig New Member

love handle fat

Ever since I can remember, even back in high school where I wrestled for four years and weighed 140 about 3% body fat to now where I am 25, weighing about 175 with about 8%, I have had some fat just below my rib cage and just above my pelvic bone. The love handle. I am pretty new to posting so I do not know what to expect with advice and what not. I have tried everything. I am very athletic and run 3 times a week and lift hard for the other four days. I have done every ab work out I can think of, to try and get that defined six pack look. I guess I am just looking for some advice and/or direction. If anyone can lend he a hand I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

There's no way you were 3%.

Do you have any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik
    There's no way you were 3%.

Do you have any pics?

Add 5-10% to all of his numbers and you'll be closer to the truth.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid03
    I have done every ab work out I can think of, to try and get that defined six pack look.
    Genetics and diet are the "defining" factors.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diegokid03
    Ever since I can remember, even back in high school where I wrestled for four years and weighed 140 about 3% body fat to now where I am 25, weighing about 175 with about 8%, I have had some fat just below my rib cage and just above my pelvic bone. The love handle. I am pretty new to posting so I do not know what to expect with advice and what not. I have tried everything. I am very athletic and run 3 times a week and lift hard for the other four days. I have done every ab work out I can think of, to try and get that defined six pack look. I guess I am just looking for some advice and/or direction. If anyone can lend he a hand I would appreciate it.

Thanks

if your doing everything you said, you would eventually loose the love handles...

the only thing it can really be is a bad diet.

you will NOT have love handles at 8% in my opinion and If you were 3% i would love to see the pics
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Since I was in Kindergarten, I was damned with a really big gut. There was a time when I was 30+ lbs underweight in Elementary School and I still had a protruding gut. But I can tell you that there's no way that you could have love handles below 10% bodyfat. NO WAY.

What makes me think that you took wrong measurements is also your "3% bodyfat".

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Whether he is 3% of 8%, is not of importance. That wasn't what the question was about in the first place. If you want to lose fat off your stomach, you are going to need to changed your diet. If you are currently enjoying junk food and the likes, well, then you have your answer. Get your diet on track and the rest will fall into place.

Avoid processed foods if possible, no sugared drinks and eat plenty of veggies and and some fruit and be sure to consume plenty of lean protein.

Good luck!