Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fruits

Banned

Fruits

are fruits not as good as vegtables? (generally speaking)

it doesnt seem like many people eat fruit...It doesnt make sense that they'd be high in fat or something weird, but maybe.

I looked on fitday and it said an apple was like 60 calories. I just cant imagine someone getting fat from eating fruit.

ofcourse fruit is good for you

something i found read up!

http://www.thefruitpages.com/sugar.shtml
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    thanks for the article.

the only reason I made the getting fat comments, was because I always see people say "fruits dont fit in their diet," in which that statement has always puzzled me.

what's your diet like? cutting,bulking,maintaining?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    we'll I began weight lifting at the end of august(probably around the 24)

My routine is similiar to the WBB 1 or 2 or whatever.

At first, I used the excuse that I was lifting to eat a lot. probably around 3,000-4,000 a day. I ate pretty healthy, counted calories, protein and all that. About 160-180 g of protein daily. At this point I was about 180, with a fat gut, but everything else on me is pretty lean. Basically I would be fine with the way I looked if it werent for my damn stomach.

Eating all that would be all fine, but Im going to florida in the summer, or even as close as spring break, and I thought, "wait, I need to rid of this stomach"

I gain about 15 pounds since then, at one point I was even a little over 200. Now im about 195. I would like to set a realistic goal for me, and drop down to 175 so I can hopefully loose the gut and then bulk again, while doing cardio for my stomach.

Now I try to eat 1500 calories or under, which I find is very hard to get my protein, which has been lacking as of late.

I eat a wide variety of foods...For a while my main thing I ate was chicken, now I eat more tuna fish then anything. Just to name a few, I eat yogurt, veggies, fruit, oats, drink 2% milk, as well as soy. So I would say I eat pretty decent.
    Last edited by Calibur7; 01-25-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Back in the game
    fruits are fantastic .
    low in cals , high in fibre and vits/mins
    i dont know why peeps dont eat more
    Lordy,Lordy.
    Wont mind hanging out the back of that- Paddy.

There is a miracle supplement its called 110%
    Hardwork that is..........- Peter Parker

Your workouts are only limited cos of your imagination- Peter Parker

No movie makes me Question my own sexuality quite like this one - Gyno Rhino

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    In my opinion veggies are a lot better than fruits, fruits are usually very high in fructose, while veggie are almost calory-free, so they're like the complete opposite of "empty calories" and in that sense they supplement our diets with vitamins and minerals that are missing in our food.

So I eat fruits in moderation, except avocadoes, because they are so good, and yes they are full of fat, and full of fat-soluble nutrients, which is why they are so good.

Anyway my digestion is very sensible to too much fructose.

Mine is too, bruise.

I tend to trickle fruits in with meals - I'll have a chunk of apple as dessert after a meal, with some natty PB on it, but you'll rarely see me eat a whole apple all at once.

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Wow, I love fruit. I eat many apples and bananas through out the week. Fruit does not make hungry like a can of soda would. Fruit is also much like a "treat" when treated with respect... Oh so good. I can think of nothing better for a meal than a few 'pink ladies' on my desk... 'Fuji's' will do, and 'Honey Crisps' come in a close second... Red Delicious are nasty and should be banned from the store. Those things are shoe leather, BLAH!

Fructose doesn't make you fat, eating at a calorie surplus does that to you. I have still been able to lose weight while on a cut eating fruits.
    Blood, Sweat, and Years (My Journal)

You WILL hate yourself later if you actually commit to the lifestyle and your legs are lagging.

-Hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Utopianhopes
    Fructose doesn't make you fat, eating at a calorie surplus does that to you. I have still been able to lose weight while on a cut eating fruits.
    Very true, but many report that fructose will increase your appitite, thus, it indirectly makes people fat by making their appitite crave more food. So, that is where I believe people attribute it to fat. The idea is that 160 calories from fructose would not satisify you as much as 160 calories from peanut butter... Whether I totally agree or not, doesn't really matter. Each individual needs to find what allows them to keep their appitite satisfied as much as possible during a cut..

Banned
    click here for my foods eaten

i may or may not eat a couple hundred more calories today. But thats everything i've eaten today, and I plan on not eating anything else.
    Last edited by Calibur7; 01-25-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    Mmmm... Fujis.... haven't tried the Pink Ladies yet. <plans next shopping trip>
    Yeah, try them out. They are really good. Fuji's seem to be the best price/performance out there for great apples. Pink Ladies around here tend to run about 2.99 a pound and Honey Crisps run about that as well. I can normally find Fuji's at 149 a pound, so normally I purchase those. I really love all three, but my favorite is the Pink Ladies. Never heard of them until a friend at work introduced me to them about 3 or so years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibur7
    Click here for the foods ive eaten

i may or may not eat a couple hundred more calories today. But thats everything i've eaten today, and I plan on not eating anything else.
    That website does not allow hotlinking. But on another note, I sure hope that you don't live in the same time zone as me... Because if you can eat all your calories 8 or so hours before you go to bed, WOW!!! Terrible hunger pains you must have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel777
    That website does not allow hotlinking. But on another note, I sure hope that you don't live in the same time zone as me... Because if you can eat all your calories 8 or so hours before you go to bed, WOW!!! Terrible hunger pains you must have.
    the link now works.

and I will be very hungry all day now...I live in ohio.

Banned
    i just want to loose weight. I dont know any other way to go about it.
    Last edited by Calibur7; 01-25-2006 at 02:12 PM.

Damn, 1300 cals, I would die. How much weight are you losing per week?

Banned
    and built-

Im 5'6.5, about 195 lbs, and im 19. I wouldnt say im FAT but i am kinda fat...just in the stomach. I wouldnt be embarresed to take off my shirt at a pool party because my other features are built well, if that gives you a better idea., but none the less my stomach would jiggle A LOT if I did jumping jacks right now.

we'll I started this 1500 calorie thing last week.

But, I doubt I will even loose weight on this diet with my luck, even though the calories look so low.

In a 3 week period like 2 months ago I went from 187, to 203, to 195, to 187 in about 2 weeks.

Call it water weight, call it bad scales, whatever. I weighed myself each time on different scales and they came out to about if not the exact same thing.

If I eat the wrong thing one day, My stomach is bloated for DAYS.

I have a horrible metabolism, which as I believe has a lot to do with this subject.

I just want my gut to go away.
    Last edited by Calibur7; 01-25-2006 at 02:20 PM.

I would weigh yourself on the same scale, the same time a day, and only once or twice a week. That way you keep all the variables the same (i.e. meals already eatin in the day, how much water you usally drink etc.)

Define "eat wrong".

And what are you eating NOW?

(Grams of protein, carb, fat, total cals)

What's your training like?