The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Joined recently...Critique my workout plan...

Ok first of all I wanted to say hi to everyone and say that this is a very helpfull forum.

Now here's my workout plan, feel free to critique:
    Monday: Lift/ Upper body
    Tuesday: Run/ 1 hour ( trying to do HIIT in 30/30 intervals today we'll see how it goes)
    Wednesday: Lift/ Midsection
    Thursday: Run/ 1 hour ( trying to do HIIT in 30/30 intervals today we'll see how it goes)
    Friday: Lift/Legs
    Satuday: Run/ 1 hour ( trying to do HIIT in 30/30 intervals today we'll see how it goes)
    Sunday: Rest ? Don't want to get hurt or injure myself.

My overall goal is not to lose weight but to change my body composition. I think currently im at about 22-24% BF. I'm about 5'8 and weigh about 160 on empty stomach. I'm looking to change my body composition to get my BF% to low teens. Not necesarily looking to lose weight, I like how big I am compared to my height right now.

So far no problems with being motivated.
    I also think that I should be eating about 1500cals a day.
    I almost completely eliminated fats out of my died, aside from peanuts which I always liked.

How much more beneficial is lifting/running in the morning for me?

Also as a side note: I don't think my genetics are too bad I remember having my testosterone be a lot above the average. The only thing I can think of is an excess of fat around my weist that I'd definately want to get rid of.

Thanks for any input
    Mike

Oh and I'm 19 atm.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Well, first of all if you are 160 @ 22% - 25% BF you are one skinny fat dude. In order your change your composition you either need to add muscle or remove the fat. In your case, wow, who knows what to do. You are way to thin, but your way too fat to bulk!

But, first of all, you need to decide what you are going to do. Are you going to bulk or cut? Once you have that figure out you need to search some resources on this website and other threads, you will get this information.

You are probably the 8,000th person to ask this question and everything can be answered by browsing through some of the stickies and user posts threads.
    Good luck!

1) What exactly are midsection lifts, besides ab work? Are you counting DLs as midsection lifts?

2) Most people on this board are going to tell you to forget cardio - which, for losing weight is right; the calories you take in are much more important than cardio. I like running and doing stairs and swimming, though, so I won't tell you not to do it. However, resting only one day a week is a little... wrong. I'd work another rest day in there if possible. At least, if you're going to lift reasonably heavy when you lift.

3) Maybe a little light on the calories, but the best way to figure that out is by using FitDay and being honest with yourself.

Don't ask for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.

the 22%-24% is an estimate, it haven't had any tests done or anything. Maybe im exagarating a bit. Don't know. Thanks for the feedback though.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHoW
    My overall goal is not to lose weight but to change my body composition.
    You will run into problems with this goal. It's exceedingly difficult to maintain a weight and (for instance) lose 15lbs of fat while simultaneously gaining 15lbs of muscle.

Lift heavy, eat smart and then begin to adjust your calories accordingly.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Joshua
    You will run into problems with this goal. It's exceedingly difficult to maintain a weight and (for instance) lose 15lbs of fat while simultaneously gaining 15lbs of muscle.

Unless he's a beginner in which case it will not be that hard.

To the OP. What exercises are you doing? Sets and reps. Also what foods are you eating and how much rest are you getting? We need to know these things before we can make an informed decision.

Banned
    WBB #1

everyone does not have to have the same workout routine!! you do not need to make your own, youre not special, use what works