Thread: Blood Flow

Hybrid View

Blood Flow

So, nutrients are carried to the muscles by the blood. These are the nutrients that repair the muscles after a workout and in turn increase their size. And supposedly most of this goes on at night while asleep.

Should i be worried that i frequently wake up in the middle of the night with my arm completely asleep because i've been laying on it? Or will it not even matter in the scheme of life?

thanks!

I dnt think it will really matter to be honest. However if its every night it cant be comfortable oir any good for your body in general i suppose. try sleeping with the hand under ure pillow or out of the quilt
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Quote Originally Posted by eatit
    Should i be worried that i frequently wake up in the middle of the night with my arm completely asleep because i've been laying on it?
    No.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I doubt it will impede your recovery, but you do not want to be sleeping on your arm every night. You might just wake up one mornings with your shoulder pleading for mercy.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I think in general that it doesn't take long for you to wake up once a limb starts getting too low circulation, so it shouldn't be a problem. Of course it could be a problem in that you are losing sleep due to it (ie if you can't go to sleep easily after you wake up) or if perhaps one day you just don't wake up and your arm is dying (I don't even know if it's possible though).
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me