The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Anyone ever try this??

Ok, so I'm thinking about cutting in a month maybe two. I was searching for some articles on cutting safely and ran across a bunch of posts and articles about IF(Intermittent Fasting)

My first impression was that calories and food are a must for bulking and this fasting program sounded interesting for cutting weight, but can it sustain the mass I have put on while I lose some weight?

So I wanted to find out if anyone here has ever tried this diet? If so what were the results? From the articles it seems like the theories may be sound, but who knows.

I appreciate any responses.
    Stats-Bench 265lbs, squat 365lbs, deadlift 425lbs
    weight 285lbs height 5' 10"........as of 29 MAY '09
    weight 238lbs height 5'10" ........as of 23 OCT '09

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    I found a link to a more legitimate source the some random articles.
    Here is the address to the trials published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/86/1/7
    Stats-Bench 265lbs, squat 365lbs, deadlift 425lbs
    weight 285lbs height 5' 10"........as of 29 MAY '09
    weight 238lbs height 5'10" ........as of 23 OCT '09

Australia - Where the women really go down under!
    No I haven't tried this diet, but i'd say keep it simple, lift heavy, increase ur cardio and consume less calories.

That is safe.
    Last edited by Fenrir; 05-29-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Controlled fasting is an excellent way to go if you're not a raging vagina. I've been doing The Warrior Diet for a month or so and it's been great. If you want to do IF, go read what Martin Berkhan of Leangains has to say. He's pretty much the current IF guru although there's a lot of information (a LOT more than here) on Body Recomposition as well.

The way a fast is supposed to work is actually pretty simple. During the fasting period, your insulin levels drop, allowing glucagon levels to rise. With a rise in glucagon levels, you'll also experience a rise in growth hormone levels. I train on an empty stomach but do so at the end of the fasting period right before the main meal.

I've personally experienced everything promised...more energy, heightened focus and awareness, and quicker recovery time after training.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.