The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

switching to 5x5. quick question about increasing

summary: if you dont feel like reading the below stuff, i am basically asking if my goal is to increase set five by 5 lb. a week, when should i increase set 1 through 4 weight?

for my 5x5 split i have, if i can complete my last set of an exercise with 5 reps, i will increase set five by 5 lb. the following workout. My question is, when should i increase the previous set's weight (set 1-4)? When i can't complete all 5 reps of the last set, should i increase set 1-4 by 5 lb.? should i then leave set 5 alone until i think i can increase it by 5 lb.? should i then keep the added 5 lb. to sets 1-4 once i can get that extra 5 lb tacked onto set 5, or should i resort back to my previous weight for sets 1-4?
    am i just overthinking this? what would you guys do to continually increase how much you can lift by ~5 lb a week if doing 5x5?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I replied to your PM, but it timed out before going through. Anyway, I generally just take my weight in the last set and then divide by the number of sets I'm doing. It's not exact since I usually use the 45/25 plates to make the jumps, but you get the idea.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

ok thanks