The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Hardgaining in College

Hey folks,

I am 20 years old, 6'1" tall and weigh only 129 lbs. Suffice to say, I am quite the ectomorph. I am also a college student, and wannabe hardgainer. My problem is this: I have no idea as to any ways in which I could achieve the kind of workout I need in order to reach my eventual target of 180, especially considering the fact that I live in the country where the only facility available to me is my small liberal arts college's very overcrowded and understocked gym. I have no education at all regarding any kind of exercises that I should do, number of sets/reps, or things that I should eat. Can somebody give me a brief introduction with some possible diet/exercise suggestions? Much thanks!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    As for what you should eat.. look here...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

If your a hard gainer, eat alot, i'd suggest bulking. To find out how to eat go here. Tips on how to gain mass. (below)

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

You'll also want to start keeping track of what you eat. So use fitday.com. Start up an account and you can keep track of how many calories your taking in per day. (use the custom feature and put in your own foods you actualy eat)

www.fitday.com

As for a routine. You can start with this. (below) And keep looking around this forum and you'll be able to mold your own routine. But this is a good starter.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

I highly recommend doing squats and deadlifts.

p.s. i'm definatly a nub to this forum but trust me if you actualy start reading these posts and what not.. you'll definatly see alot of exactly what i posted here.
    Last edited by Tacklebait; 02-07-2006 at 12:23 AM.

wheels make the arm strong
    hi and welcome

:withstupi those r some good places to start

bulking is basically eating over the amount of calories need for maintanance

track the caloric intake www.fitday.com

i suggest wbb 1 in the article section wieght lifting routines
    fell off the body building wagon trying to get back on

Wannabebig New Member
    Thanks guys... I forgot to mention also that I have scoliosis and have been advised against doing squats... what can I do instead?

You can't do ANY kidn of squats, or just not with the bar on your back? If the latter, you could still do front squats, hack squats, leg press, etc.

To check out what possible exercises you can do, go to www.exrx.net
    Last edited by Guido; 02-07-2006 at 09:16 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle