The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

i want a tight stomach and a tight butt

i need to get a good butt and a good stomach. but i dunnno what excercises to do, i know like a couple, but i need to know more, and i have to know how many times a week and mainly i need lower stomach excercises so....help me...if u can...mmmmmmmmmm k! im new so dont be mean! bye bye
    Last edited by Vikie; 01-11-2002 at 03:40 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig New Member
    You need to do abdominal exercise to strenghten your abs and lower your bf% for it to be visible.

For your legs, there's alot of exercises out there to help you out on that part but my favorite is squat and leg extension.
    Love the pain, live the pain.

well a "tight" looking stomach is a combo of low bf% and well developed abdominal muscles. To lower body fat you have to check you diet and should incorporate a few days of cardio. there are about 3 million posts on lowering body fat, so i wont get into that. do a search and you'll find a wealth of info.. The second part is done by doing ab exercises. I like weighted crunches and leg lifts. Start with what you can do (ie. 5 sets of 20 repetitions, or whatever level you may be at.) and work up.. Start two days a week, not every day.. Im sure if you do a search there PLENTY of ab posts... good luck

Vikie, I think you should go to www.wannabebig.com and look at the Wannabebig routines. How do they compare to your routine right now? What IS your routine right now btw?
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Home of the 2002 Pacific Division Champ Sacramento Kings
    Whoa, i Just noticed Dennis is from Sacramento. Power to Sactown! Or as my rap friends call it, Mackamento.

I dream of a good butt and a good stomach too... That dream aside, like everyone else said, bodyfat is the main key to a good stomach. Next, do you have a whole routine, or were you just planning on doing 'stomach and ass' exercises?

B.
    LaLa

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Let me introduce you to the "Body By Jake" series of products...
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Rockin' the midlife crisis xraygirl's Avatar
    That's pretty funny W8...

Bienvenidos Vikie! That's welcome for all you non-spanish speaking folks out there

Tons of walking lunges and single leg presses are pretty good for starters. If you survive those, then there are other exercises you can use da booty.
    As far as abs go...hanging leg raises and lots of floor crunches for starts. And diet for the rest

You could ask for a program.

But seeing as I don't work here anymore, you'll have to ask someone else.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

3:16
    sqauts and diet

myth - squat make your butt big. (well it will not grow quicker than your legs etc and if get to big you can always stop.)
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Wannabebig Member

my routine

umm i dont really know what a routine is technically, so ill just tell u guys how i work out, i go to the gym like 2 or 3 times a week, like as often as i can get there, and usually i just do all the arm machines where u have to lift those bars, and then i go to the leg machines where u gotta like push ur body off of the wall thing and curl ur legs down on that other machine, and then i do the bike for 10 minutes, thats my routine, oh yeah i take the big ball adn i do crunches on that, i can feel the burn when i do that. so thats my routine! hope u all understood what i said.....

Oh dear.

Vikie, if you'd like, you can PM me and we can see about fixing that routine up a *wee* bit. You might find some results better to your liking than using the "totally random" approach.

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

lol@matt...jumped right in there, didnt you?

anyway, im helping her a bit. I was hoping to know if anyone had links for good basic anatomy explanations?
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

You might want to buy a book. Can't beat that.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Of course. I'm always here to help out.

Anyways, a beginner's site....

Try www.exrx.net to start, and www.stumptuous.com. This seems like a job for Krista.

Read up there, then get back to me.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Squats didn't make my butt big, they just made it ROCK HARD.

And hey, I'm from the Sacramento Area...but I moved to hell a few years ago to college. Whenever I go on vacation, it just means I'm going back to Sacland(as my friends call it). Nice place. Lots of 24hours, but not many great restaraunts.
    I guess that doesnt mean much since I dont like eating out in the first place. Damn, I gotta sleep.

Wannabebig Member
    i should do squats, big butts are good (in my opinion)

Vikie-
    Whatsup? Yeah squats are definitely a great lower body exercise. I would suggest being sure to modify your diet. Keep your carbs down low when training to lose maximum bodyfat. Also I, along with many others, believe that abs are found in the kitchen, not in the gym. Everyone has abs, it just takes the determination and the discipline to eat a diet that lets those abs come out.

If you post a picture we might be able to give better advise.
    " Eat to grow, Progression to get stronger " - mesmall

Originally posted by Vikie
    i should do squats, big butts are good (in my opinion)

mat = the assmaster
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer