The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Australia - Where the women really go down under!
    i tried it man, but in my opinion i don't like it. I don't want to start ww3 though and argue with people who are going to tell me to use it. Hey Risk if you do then maybe you and I could compare things and discuss it sometime.

Thanks for posting guys!
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

no i here that a lot from people. It takes some getting use to but once you get a lot of foods in its easy. But if you don't want to do it then don't do it, its just one of many tools.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

yaye the clean & jerk tomorrow
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

So i was supposed to do my clean & jerk training today, but i had to call her and tell her i couldn't come in as i was feeling way to sick! What she gave of a routine for the time being is just

Snatch Pulls
    Snatch Squats
    Bench Press
    Lat Pulldown
    Lots of Ab Work

Not very in depth but it was just scribbled down on a piece of paper, so when i get in next time she should give me something a bit longer

sucks, she isn't going to be able to make it on monday!
    Last edited by Fenrir; 02-24-2006 at 06:12 AM.

ok so my first pics on the website are up...mylegs are looking pretty thick now that I got my squats down! the rest will go up in the next couple of days hopefully!

things are all good, exams and so on coming up for school...lol getting stressful...just posting to tell u my day at the gym!

Clean & Jerk Day

So the day went pretty well, I am starting to get the whole movement together, still working on technique and she won't let me do anything till reps of every set are perfect or near too...she's harsh but good to me lol I'll post up the routine she gave me!

Session 1 Week 1

Snatch (Wide Grip)

Snatch:
    Top Hang 2x5
    Thigh/kness (2x5)
    Floor (3x4)

Snatch Squat 6x5
    Snatch Pull (high) (5x5)
    Flat Bench Press (Wide Grip) 5x5
    Bridges (front and sides) (3x40seconds each)

Session 2 Week 1

Clean & Jerk

Full Clean
    Top Hang 2x5
    Knee 2x5
    Floor 3x4

Push Press 5x5
    Clean Pulls 5x5
    Split Squat 5x5
    Reverse Fly + Front Fly 5x5 (each)
    Triceps pushdown 5x5
    Crunches 3x15

Session 3 Week 1

Mixed

DB Shoulder press 5x5
    21's (3 sets)
    Seated Row 5x5
    Front Squat 5x5
    Flat Bench 5x5
    Crucifix + Front Raises 5x5 (each)
    Leg Raises Hypers

Session 4 Week 2

Snatch (Wide Grip)

Snatch Top Hang 3x5
    Snatch Pulls 5x5
    Snatch shoulder press 5x5
    Back squat 5x5
    Lat Pulldown 5x5
    Bridges (front and sides) (3x40seconds each)

Session 5 Week 2

Clean & Jerk

Power Clean from Floor 5x5
    Power Jerk 3x5
    Full Jerk 3x4
    Front Squat 5x5
    Clean Pulls 5x5
    Seated Rows 5x5
    Crunches 3x15 + Hypers

Session 6 Week 2

Mixed

Barbell Press 5x5
    Back Squat 5x5
    lat Pulldown 5x5
    Flat Bench 5x5
    21's (3 sets)
    Leg Raises + Hypers
    Last edited by Fenrir; 03-02-2006 at 06:54 AM.

Ok so that is repeated for about 2 months before it will change...glad cause i will be doing a sort of mini-competition in April and I will get my name up on the QWA website and have a ranking in the state!

Dayam alot of those sessions are real high volume, gonna hurt real good boy!

damn, i hope your eating a lot!!!
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

yeah its great having her push me so hard...yeah im eating plenty! It's like a dream come true lol:P

Bulk + Milk
    What an opportunity! Good luck with the training, and enjoy!

things are still pretty good, did my snatch day yesterday, she also showed me this exercise called 21's for your biceps, it was more just a fun thing then for what im trying to achieve, pretty sweet though!

Wow so i haven't updated this old thing for a while...Over the past few months things have really slowed down, my numbers went up and down, sodid my attendance and hers. She got divorced, we moved into our own gym, battling to pay fees.

Things are settled down now and im getting back on track, training harder than ever for the past 3 weeks. I've got a mate with me now who enjoys it as well so she gave me a key to the gym so we are going in the mornings before school now as well.

As for numbers i snatched 60kg a few months ago and a 70kg C & J for a bodyweight at the time of around 85kg. Im around 93kgs at the moment, but haven't tried to setand PB's for either movements lately,i just been working on strength like she says to keep doing.

She pays for a lot out of the gym including parts of the lease and equipment, so me and my mate are going to help her out by fundraising regularly to helpher out.

Anyway i will try update more...

cya later...

I don't know why but my front squat is more than my back squat, it must be a psychological thing, plus i find it to be more comfortable on the front of my shoulders. Because of this my squat is only equal to my bench, which is all around bodyweight at the moment, but i need to find a way to get my back squats higher, im sure through persistence and hard training i will succeed.

We have our own club now...i've been fundraising for the past 6 hours...raised $300. Going to sell more tickets on monday.

Got my first competition on the 17th of February and i'm really excited about it.

My coach only wants me to lift lighter weights though since it's my first comp and she wants me 2 get all 6 lifts so then i get bonus points.

Then the next time i come back for Round 2 i will lift even heavier (but still not my heaviest) and i'll set new PB's and still get my 6 lifts...so i'll get lots more bonus points, then i'll do this again for Round 3.

Then come Round 4 i will lift heavy but still aiming to get my 6 lifts.

This competition is called the Queensland 500.
    Last edited by Fenrir; 01-12-2007 at 04:36 AM.