Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road to the Holy Grail

Australia - Where the women really go down under!

Road to the Holy Grail

Ok so if you haven't seen it or read it, then just go to this link http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=74830 so i don't have to explain it over again, but pretty much i'm going to be coached by an Olympic Weighlifter and someone mentioned they would like to see me keep track of it here on a journal, so you guys and girls could see how my story unfolds. Now i' going to be training with "her" yes its a girl! for 2 days a week...if she see's real talent then she can get me a scholarship...

now my knowledge of olympic style weightlifting is very big, so if anyone out here has some stories, or advice, or just good websites they wouldn't mind sharing with me, then please post it in here or just mail me.

Im doing some background research on it in my spare time, as i see that the more knowledgable I am about something the better the chance of me succedding in it are.

Ok so now the story begins!
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

The Day Before!

So tomorrow is the first day i begin training. Im all excited! All through class tomorrow i won't be able to stop thinking about it...lol this is going to be great...i really hope it all goes well...

wouldn't it be great if i sort of surprised her, or did better than what she thought I was capable of...nothing at the moment would make me happier!

Ok so i'll try and post everyday after my training session, or asap.
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Balls to the wall man, looking forward to seein your progress.

My first training session!

Wow what a day!

Lol so for those of who have tuned in to read what happened on my first day of olympic style weightlifting then read ahead!

We started off by breaking down the movements of the Clean & Jerk, we broke it down into like 3 different movements. The first of which was just simply finding a grip comfortable, the correct type of grip, and shrugging the bar up, then placing it on my shoulders like a front squat then performing a front squat.

Second of all I took the bar out of the squat rack (had to move out of the actual squat rack because my arms were too long and i hit the top of the structure) that was set up on this small platform, and performed like an overhead press standing on my tippy toes.

Then finally i did a certain lunge movement (she forbids me calling it that though ) where if i didn't do it properly she would make me do it again.

I am happy to say that she was very pleased and definitely impressed by the amount of weight i could lift just on my first time trying it. Now as a whole we haven't it all together yet but int he next couple of training sessions we will.

QWA (Queensland Weightlifters Association) are going to be paying for my gym membership and entry fee for the first few months, and if they believe that i can take it to the next step then they will help me further, and if i do continue on then she will make me train like 4 or 5 days a week.

LOl she was VERY STRICT on me! She obviously knows what she's talking about and so on because she coached at olympic level. I wonder if the people she was coaching are in this years commonwealth games?

Ok so all in all guys and gals my first training session was a success. I didn't just please her though i was attracting attention from around the whole gym i think. I had a few powerlifters talk to me about her and the whole deal.

The only downer from the day! The sorer my wrists got the more and more she would make me do! She's sadistic lol, but even she admits that!

Lol so if i don't report in the next few days its because my wrists have fallen off!

Cya later!

****, I am jealous.

Remember, be a sponge mang, a sponge. This info/training is gold.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

I would LOVE to be in your shoes right now. What kind of numbers are you throwing around to start with?

so cool dude, treasure this, olympic lifting is where the real power is it, STICK WITH IT
    2000 or bust

well i can't really say much at the moment about how much I am lifting because we haven't put the whole movement together yet. Yeah its one of the best things that have happened to me. I am so happy!

Amazing opportunity man! I wish I had something like that happen to me! Good luck with it all!
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Not good! What went from the best few days in my life has become the worst few days ever! I have been in trouble with the police, and very close to ending an 18 month relationship with my gf.

So much is wrong! Got to get back on track!

Oh and please don't ask about the police matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir
    Not good! What went from the best few days in my life has become the worst few days ever! I have been in trouble with the police, and very close to ending an 18 month relationship with my gf.

So much is wrong! Got to get back on track!

Oh and please don't ask about the police matter!
    Life is full of ups and downs. This is a down, but now you have a great opportunity in front of you that a lot of us would kill for. Clear your head and take advantage of this opportunity and use the athletic gifts you have been given. GF come and go, meeting new people and having relationships with them and learning from them is a great part of life. Sh*t the police, they come and go too, stay in the gym and therefore you'll stay out of trouble. I wouldn't let your coach learn about the police business though, to earily in your relationship. IMO.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

1. F*ck the po po
    2. Your young man forget relationships, have meaningless sex with as many women as you can.

lol thank you for your kind words bill and kevin, much appreciated...

yes I am back on track now and no I do not intend on telling my coach, yes me and my gf are all good now!

Just getting started!

So now we practiced the snatch! So much harder than the clean and jerk! I actually managed to fall on my a$$ as i lost balance! She says that it is all fine because i am just practising technique and strengthening my smaller muscles for now.

At the moment I prefer the clean & jerk but that will not stop me from doing the best I can at the snatch. She herself is still training and decided to show me up on the squats. I managed 2, after much pain and sweat, fall on my knees after throwing the weight off my back after performing squats. She wasn't at all unhappy, she was in fact glad with my determination and drive to become stronger and better!

So now I have done both lifts and am happy with where I am.

She couldn't make it for a 2nd session this week, but was veryu apologetic about it. It's all good, my legs still hurting! Just did some lifts the way she showed me, to help my stabilizers in my shoulders.

interesting journal ....you are one lucky man, keep up the hard work!
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

got hit in the nuts by a cricket ball...hurts

ok well me and my merry men are all healed now but i am just writing to say that me and my Gf of 18 months have broken up. It was sort of an agreement thing. We didn't feel so strongly about each other anymore. Weird being single. More freedom.. I guess its more time to spend in the gym :P

Haha, a cricket ball in the old boys is a one off experiance, once it happens it never wants to happen again!

Sucks to hear about the GF, be free and merry - Go out and be the single man, now a single man as a meathead

yeah i bowled some of my offspin, got a wicket, and then switched with the keeper so he could have a go bowling. Within a few overs a ball was pegged in from the boundary, i misjudged the trajectory and it bounced on the pitch (we use astro turf) and flew up and hit me in the nuts. Took out my breath, but i still had to keep the next like 8 overs anyway. Took it out of me. Then i had to open the batting. I only made like 3, after i misjudged a shot that was much fuller than i thought, and didn't roll my wrists over it enough, so i got caught out. lol i blame it on the pain

ok so i just wanted to check something with u guys and i don't want to create a whole new thread to do it while i have this journal.

Now me and my coach haven't spoken much about diet, as things like that will become more serious as we get further down the track...she pretty much told me to try and keep the protein high, and the fat down.

So I am just wandering if this looks like a good day of eating for a bulk.

Breakfast: Baked Beans and 2 pieces of Toast.
    Morning Snack: Armonds, Fruit
    Lunch: Chicken/Turkey/Beef whatever i want that day on a Sandwhich
    Afternoon Snack/After workout: Smoothie (low fat yoghurt, different fruits and soy good)
    Dinner: Usually steak/fish/chicken with some veggies
    Dessert: Armonds

It is all over the place, but i like to eat a variety of different things. This is just a diet i came up with just now, so there will be things that need to be changed, so if u can offer some advice it would be much appreciated.

Lol some may remember me talking about cutting for footy, but obviously things are changing now because of my new situation, although I am still playing footy.
    Last edited by Fenrir; 02-19-2006 at 02:24 AM.

I think i really got screwed over with genetics. My parents are both short, but I am over 6 foot, which is about the only thing i got that has been much good to me. I think that most of all though my triceps lag, i train them just as hard, but they seem to hide pretty well.

Snatch Training

Ok so today we worked on the snatch, but once again we were just breaking down the fine parts of the movement, and working on making me as strong as possible in those area's. I worked on something called the snatch pull, the snatch overhead press, and the squat. She tells me to use a 5x5 routine, which isn't too bad actually. She had the flu today and to leave early so i missed out on about 20 mins extra training with her, but i still finished off my sets by myself, being a good little boy.

My snatch pull ****s all over my squat, and then my squat all over my overhead press, but that is pretty self explainitory. Looking forward to my clean & jerk session on thursday.

Oh yeah and she is going to be writing me up a routine, so I will probably share it with u guys here in my journal when i get it. Unless it is top secret, than i can't let all you foreigners know! :evillaugh

nah im only joking, guess i should get some sleep!

Night people

I'm highly interested in this routine. I think I should be getting into oly lifting, I think I could do a bit of damage.

great journal, good luck! man what i would give to be in your place. do you use fitday.com? Its hard just to look at the foods you ate and determine if its good or bad.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle