Thread: Have I been overtraining for 13 months?

Wannabebig Member

Have I been overtraining for 13 months?

Ever since I started working out Ive been following a 4 day routine. Workout for 3 days and rest on the 4th. Ive seen a crap load of growth so I figured it was working however now I just started doing a 2 day workout and 1 day off and all my lifts increased. What happened?

give it more time, there could be a number of factors involved.

Wannabebig Member
    PS: When people list their squat numbers do they list the "parralel to the floor" numbers or their box squat/90 degree angle squat?

It's usually at least as deep as parallel. ATF means 'ass to the floor' and means you pretty much go deep as you can (just in case you see ATF in some max's).
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

When you do a certain routine for a long period of time your body eventually adjusts to it, and almost expects it. People often change their routines eventually to "shock" their body, I guess you could say. Otherwise, people would stay on something like WBB 1 forever. You'll often see new growth when you change it up after you stop seeing results with a certain routine. That's not to say that you should change your routine constantly, though. When you find something that works, stick with it for as long as you're seeing gains, and then move on.

So basically, don't worry about it. There's nothing unusual about what's happening with your lifts at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SabresRock299
    Ever since I started working out Ive been following a 4 day routine. Workout for 3 days and rest on the 4th. Ive seen a crap load of growth so I figured it was working however now I just started doing a 2 day workout and 1 day off and all my lifts increased. What happened?
    Routine #1:

Day 1: Workout
    Day 2: Workout
    Day 3: Workout
    Day 4: Rest.
    Day 5: Workout
    Day 6: Workout:
    Day 7: Workout:

Like that right?

Routine #2:
    Day 1: Workout
    Day 2: Workout
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Workout
    Day 5: Workout
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Workout
    ======

You haven't been overtraining, since you still saw gains. But, the routine you're doing now is giving your body more rest, as well as changing up the schedule. You're resting your body more, which is good. Your body grows outside the gym, when you're resting, remember that.