The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

lovehandles help!

ok im not fat i jus came off a bulk 2 months ago, so im on the quest for the 6 pac now im at around 12.5% body fat, 202 lbs im 5'11 20 years old.
    so im not fat but i have these anoying lovehandles and was wondering if theres any specific routine to get rid of them besides just dropping bf.
    all critiques welcomed.

here are some pics

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i don't see much of love handles unless i'm blind!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Agreed. But, to answer your question it's all about reducing bodyfat. You can't spot reduce. Get your bf down and they'll go.

Lookin' good btw.

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Well, I certainly do not think you are fat... Those love handles are tiny and are normally one of the last things to go in men, along with the lower abdominal fat. Like others have said, you need to keep cutting until you have the desired body composition. You are very lean, so I imagine it will not take you that long to get your desired look. You have another 2-3% bodyfat to lose before those love handles will be obliterated (most likely). I'd say cut another 1 - 2 months and you should be where you want to be.

hmm k, next monday ima start a ephedrine hcl/caffeine cycle for 18 days
    ima start 25mg e / 300mg C twice a day for 6 days then crank it up to 3 dosages per day for the rest. good idea?
    Last edited by kique; 02-09-2006 at 10:10 AM.

A better idea is to make sure your diet is in check and not to rely on those stimulants. I mean, taking them is fine, but if you do not have the diet in check you will be wasting 18 days of your life, at least in terms of getting your goal.

well workout plans are.
    tues-thurs-sunday = hiit/abs

mond=chest/back
    wed=legs
    fri=bi,tri,shoulders
    and the diet im going to cut it down a bit carb/calorie wise but not too much i want to keep all this muscle lol

Quote Originally Posted by kique
    well workout plans are.

mond=chest/back
    wed=legs
    fri=bi,tri,shoulders
    and the diet im going to cut it down a bit carb/calorie wise but not too much i want to keep all this muscle lol
    You do not have to work your abs at all. In fact, you are overtraining them currently if you follow that routine. Of course I do recomend people work their abs, but it isn't required for a six pack. Everyone one of us has a sick pack, it is just buried under some fat... Have to remove the fat and it will show. So, I would do a bit less abdominal work myself. Otherwise everything seems fine, so long as your leg workout isn't skimping anything.

i guess i could remove the sunday abs, what do you mean by leg skimping someting? O.o

i guess i could remove the sunday abs, what do you mean by leg skimping someting? O.o
    1) Don't remove sunday, remove either Tuesday or Thursday's session.

2) Skimping on legs is doing half ass squats and calling it a day after 2 sets.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel777
    You do not have to work your abs at all. In fact, you are overtraining them currently if you follow that routine.
    i don't know how you can come to that conclusion if all you know is he works his abs with his cardio. That could mean one set a day at the end of HIIT three days a week. That's three sets, hardly over working.

Quote Originally Posted by eatit
    i don't know how you can come to that conclusion if all you know is he works his abs with his cardio. That could mean one set a day at the end of HIIT three days a week. That's three sets, hardly over working.
    Directly working his abs three times a week (essentially every other day) on top of indirectly working his abs nearly every day is how I came to that conclusion. It isn't hard to see that. And if you followed along with the posts I simply suggested he remove one direct ab workout. Which, ding ding ding, lines up with what Built does on her bulks. Go argue with Built's picture if you dissagree.

Posted by: Kique
    well workout plans are.
    Replied with

Posted by: ArchAngel777
    1) Don't remove sunday, remove either Tuesday or Thursday's session.

2) Skimping on legs is doing half ass squats and calling it a day after 2 sets.
    Removing either Tuesday or Thursday's session would allow a good 3/4 day split between his abs, to allow them to recover.
    Last edited by ArchAngel777; 02-10-2006 at 09:31 AM.

What do your ab workouts consist of? How many days of the week do you rest?(not go to the gym). I looked at your schedule and from my experience as a trainer you should take Tuesday off and train your abs Wednesday(going by your schedule) and work on them on Wednesday with your legs. Use weight resistance with your ab work out. "Skimping" isn't bad and actually means done in a poor manner. If you do 2 sets of squats that would be fine. The body uses 100% of the first set and then it drops dramatically the second, like 15%. The third set could be thrown out. If you don't believe me then look it up. Archangel777, let the games begin.

outnumber
    Last edited by 6punisher9; 02-09-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6punisher9
    What do your ab workouts consist of? How many days of the week do you rest?(not go to the gym). I looked at your schedule and from my experience as a trainer you should take Tuesday off and train your abs Wednesday(going by your schedule) and work on them on Wednesday with your legs. Use weight resistance with your ab work out. "Skimping" isn't bad and actually means done in a poor manner. If you do 2 sets of squats that would be fine. The body uses 100% of the first set and then it drops dramatically the second, like 15%. The third set could be thrown out. If you don't believe me then look it up. Archangel777, let the games begin.

outnumber
    Are you suggesting legs done in a poor manner is fine or did I misread?
    Last edited by Mik; 02-09-2006 at 10:58 AM.

:withstupi

what ive noticed from some "pro suggestions" on legs doing 2 sets 9+ reps of 1 leg exercise is good as long as you do like 5 exercises for legs.

well curently the onyl day i do absolutely nothing is saturday.
    tues thurs n sund iw ould consider them rest days because im onyl doing doing abs and cardio(hiit) ide think that if i had more than 1 day a week without at least running it would be a fat build up day which equals to a sad me ?

for abs i do
    legs kicks 3x15
    crunches 3x15
    side crunches 3x14

ps. i think ima start doing somethign a lil diff next week.
    legs kicks 3x15
    russian twist(with weight)
    3x15
    Last edited by kique; 02-09-2006 at 11:11 AM.

well curently the onyl day i do absolutely nothing is saturday.
    tues thurs n sund iw ould consider them rest days because im onyl doing doing abs and cardio(hiit) ide think that if i had more than 1 day a week without at least running it would be a fat build up day which equals to a sad me ?

for abs i do
    legs kicks 3x15
    crunches 3x15
    side crunches 3x14

ps. i think ima start doing somethign a lil diff next week.
    legs kicks 3x15
    russian twist(with weight)
    3x15
    Rest days are not "fat build up days", and are important for recovery.
    1 weighted ab exersize should be enough.

I was ripping on the Archangel777. He's a friend of mine.... Sorry that did sound bad. Two strong sets should be good of multiple exercises.
    Last edited by 6punisher9; 02-09-2006 at 11:08 AM.

I was ripping on the Archangel777. He's a friend of mine.... Sorry that did sound bad. Two strong sets should be good of multiple exercises.
    LOL... Welcome to the forums... Punk...

Rest is impotant. Too much cardio, too much weights. Muscle fatigue and all that stuff will slow you down. You need to find another day to rest. Worst case scenerio is you get hurt by pulling a muscle or a tear because of the fatigue. Then you are out for months. OK worst case scenerio a plane crashes on you while walking to the health club. You get the point. Any body disagree????
    Last edited by 6punisher9; 02-09-2006 at 11:16 AM.

2 much cardio for cutting? 3 times a week?

I mean the overall workout. Six days a week. The Russian twist sucks!! And by sucks you'll know what I mean the next day. I would have people do ALOT of medicine ball exercises for "love handles" when I trained them.
    6'3 250 lbs
    bp - 300
    Trainer for 2 years
    12 painful years of working out.
    1 year illegally.

"I didn't go to seven years of medical school to be called Mr., Thank you."

I mean the overall workout. Six days a week. The Russian twist sucks!! And by sucks you'll know what I mean the next day. I would have people do ALOT of medicine ball exercises for "love handles" when I trained them.
    You can not reduce the size of an area by doing direct work to that area. It may increase the size of the area, but lowering bf% is the only thing that will make it smaller.
    I feel sorry for the people you had do "medicine ball" work, because you were actually helping them increase the size of the area where they wanted to lose.

To the OPer: Do 1 ab lift 1 time per week (decline weighted crunches 3sets 6-8reps)
    Ditch the hiit unless you feel the need to eat more on any given day.
    hiit burns cals....and may help your cardiovascular system/heart.

Quote Originally Posted by muscleup
    You can not reduce the size of an area by doing direct work to that area. It may increase the size of the area, but lowering bf% is the only thing that will make it smaller.
    I feel sorry for the people you had do "medicine ball" work, because you were actually helping them increase the size of the area where they wanted to lose.

To the OPer: Do 1 ab lift 1 time per week (decline weighted crunches 3sets 6-8reps)
    Ditch the hiit unless you feel the need to eat more on any given day.
    hiit burns cals....and may help your cardiovascular system/heart.
    Well, medicine ball work is great, but you are right that if they still have fat there, it will not look good. However, as far as making that area bigger? Most likely that won't be happening, at least not significantly.