Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on Bowflex Revolution?

Wannabebig Member

Comments on Bowflex Revolution?

Hello,

I've searched around and have found nothing regarding the 'revolution' home gym by bowflex and was wondering if anyone here has either:

a. tried it and/or owns it
    b. knows someone first hand and has seen it...

I have a "low" ceiling and was intrigued by its adjustable height arms, currently workout with dumbells and was looking for a machine to have the rest of the family get involved with as well...

(if this is posted in the wrong area, i apologize in advance)

Thanks for any feedback!

There have been posts in the past on Bowflex. The concensus is that you'd be better off with a weight set, bench etc..... depending on how much/little room you've got.

Most people I've heard from outgrow their bowflex fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik
    Most people I've heard from outgrow their bowflex fairly quickly.
    Yup, not worth the price tag either. (That coming from a previous owner)
    18 | 185 lbs | 6' | 10%
    Bench: 260
    Squat: 400
    Deadlift: 440
    Total: 1100

BTW- the "revolution" is a brand new machine that works a little different and supposedly has a more "real world" weight feel as opposed to the bows.

Here's a link http://www.bowflexrevolution.com/

I'm really curious to hear what people who have actually tried it and seen it have to say too. Not that I would shell out the cash, I'm just curious...

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Who cares how it "feels"? It either IS or ISN'T free weights. It looks cool and all, but I can't stand those weight bars.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Bwuhahah. $2500.

I could buy a power rack, an olympic set, bumpers, kettlebells, dumbbells, and build a lifting platform, and have enough left over for 18 bottles of Nitrean for the price of that thing.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Bwuhahah. $2500.

I could buy a power rack, an olympic set, bumpers, kettlebells, dumbbells, and build a lifting platform, and have enough left over for 18 bottles of Nitrean for the price of that thing.
    Damn right.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    from what I understand, bowflexes are basically a cable machine except instead of a stack it has bow resistance

definitely not worth the money.. youre better off with a powerrack, bench and 300lb olympic weight set.. which will only run $1500-1800 plus shipping probably

Wannabebig Member
    again, not to be a pain or to offend those who use the pure'er method of lifting or those who feel its a ripoff or those who whatever other random stuff usually shows up with a question about something like this...but..

has anyone out there tried this thing? or seen it in person?

as was stated earlier, its not the traditional bowflex style; and has a different tension/coiling resistance technology...

if so, i'd appreciate any feedback - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma
    from what I understand, bowflexes are basically a cable machine except instead of a stack it has bow resistance

definitely not worth the money.. youre better off with a powerrack, bench and 300lb olympic weight set.. which will only run $1500-1800 plus shipping probably
    Less. I think my setup (including floor protection and some additional accessories) ran about $1000.

OP- I can't offer any experiences with the Revolution.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Bowflex promises fast results, theres no such thing in the bodybuilding game. I have yet to see Ronnie Coleman pump up with one.

My friend has a bowflex, i've used it a few times. Its not a bad little machine but trust me you'll outgrow it REALLY quick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DenimDemon
    Less. I think my setup (including floor protection and some additional accessories) ran about $1000.

OP- I can't offer any experiences with the Revolution.
    nice.. i just figured that just a rack would be 1,000 not including a weight set etc

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies
    Bowflex promises fast results, theres no such thing in the bodybuilding game. I have yet to see Ronnie Coleman pump up with one.
    I've yet to see Michael Jackson molest a kid...but what's that matter?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

If you take a look in local classified ad's or on any craigslist sports equip for sale, you'll see lots of those gimick bowflex's for sale. It's big biz. As the MixMaster says... you can buy a lot of usefull equipment for the price of a bowflex.

DW

Wow, no one answered, understood or completely read the initial question...

Way to go guys!

Bowflexs... I got one for free that I hang clothes on 99% of the time
    Bowflex Revolution... Interested in hearing if anyone has tried or seen this new gizmo, how it feels etc.

I wouldn't replace my free weights for ANYTHING, just like I'd never cheat on my wife, but it doesn't mean I'm not interested in looking at the new babe/gizmo of the week and seeing what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    I've yet to see Michael Jackson molest a kid...but what's that matter?
    Michael Jackson doesn't make movies about molesting kids?
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

I have a bowflex. Only time i ever use it now is if i cant make it to the gym because im too busy i will do a few things on it. Id have to say its absolutely terrible for legs even with the additional leg attachement. Gym pass is a million times better. Or just a squat rack wiht an olympic barbell and a flat bench. That would be way better.

Quote Originally Posted by recordstyle
    Hello,

I've searched around and have found nothing regarding the 'revolution' home gym by bowflex and was wondering if anyone here has either:

a. tried it and/or owns it
    b. knows someone first hand and has seen it...

I have a "low" ceiling and was intrigued by its adjustable height arms, currently workout with dumbells and was looking for a machine to have the rest of the family get involved with as well...

(if this is posted in the wrong area, i apologize in advance)

Thanks for any feedback!
    Hey man if you want to buy a used one... give me a PM I have one...its dusty tho
    >-<->-<->Lift long and prosper<->-<->-<->
    Age 21, Weight 178, Height 5'11.5
    Recent Pics
    Food Journal

Quote Originally Posted by DumbDude
    Hey man if you want to buy a used one... give me a PM I have one...its dusty tho
    So what was the revolution like? How were the plates different from the power rods and how was the cardio aspects? And your place must be dusty for it to be covered in dust after it only being available for 3 months.

People see the word Bowflex and don't even read the rest of the sentence..

Quote Originally Posted by recordstyle
    again, not to be a pain or to offend those who use the pure'er method of lifting or those who feel its a ripoff or those who whatever other random stuff usually shows up with a question about something like this...but..

has anyone out there tried this thing? or seen it in person?

as was stated earlier, its not the traditional bowflex style; and has a different tension/coiling resistance technology...

if so, i'd appreciate any feedback - thanks!
    I've seen them in person. Save your money, the quality of these is crap.
    Last edited by mercury; 02-19-2006 at 12:43 PM.
    Where are your abs? Start looking for them in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma

I could buy all that for 550 bucks. Power rack $279 from new york barbell, free shipping.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Banned
    yeah youre right i thought racks costed around 1000 like i said above

Customer Testimonials

"I've had my Bowflex for almost 2 years now. I saw results immediately after I started using it. I've lost over 30 pounds and have dropped from a size 14 to a size 4 without having to watch what I eat. I have more energy." - Angie Ulery

lol, bwahahaha

Wannabebig Member
    Hey guys,

It's been a few weeks since I last checked to see if anyone had any legitimate feedback about the Bowflex Revolution, and I wanted to let whoever out there that was wondering if it is worth it, or how it feels, or actual non-purist feedback that I in face DID order it today for my parents and me and will post about it once it arrives and I get to see what its made of first hand...

will keep you posted