The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wow! Coke Zero pwns!

Well, it was that time of the month for me to go grocery shopping.

Other than waterbottles and a half cup of milk left in the fridge I had nothing to drink.

Was getting somewhat tired of the after taste and dry gummy mouth that diet coke was leaving, so I thought I'd try variations of their diet products.

So I picked up a 12 pack of Diet Coke with lime, and Coke Zero.

The lime one wasn't too bad at all, less of the diet pop taste problems than most have.

But HOLY ****ING ****! Coke zero to me is a complete godsend. Other than not being quite as syrupy, this stuff tastes almost exactly like regular coke. NO aftertaste, and no dry or gummy mouth. It still uses aspartame and another sweetener, however, I don't notice this at all.

Just thought I'd put this out there in case someone was looking for another diet drink to use.

I use crystal light as well, but find it can get messy.

Oh and if you are going to come in here saying how bad aspartame is, please don't. Instead, stfu, and do some reading. And when you leave the mindless army of yesman lemmings following the coat tails of the sugar industry, then you can post again.

Same goes for those that exclaim, OMG soda killz!

Enjoy, or not, just thought I'd endorse it.

I may actually change my mind and setup my previously planned, then cancelled dividend reinvestment program with good ole KO.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What a long post. I think it could have been summed up just by: "Coke Zero is the best Coca Cola substitute out on the market so far, in my opinion. What do you guys think?" But hey, I post ridiculously long posts when I am bored as well...

As for Coke Zero, it is good, but I have to have a regular coke once in a while.
    "it's you against you, it's the paradox that drives us all"

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 275
    DeadLift: 335
    -------------
    Total: 895 and moving up.

Check my progress and read more in My Journal.

Sorry I didn't come out with the cliff notes version for those on the board with ADD...
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Lol.

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    -------------

Funny part is I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading the entirety of the post...

6'1", 206, 11.5%
    -------------

Sounds like I might have a new JD mixer for the weekend.

DJ

Pete is the type of guy who orders 3 tacos, 2 gorditas, 2 chalupas, 1 burrito, 1 nachos bellgrande, and .........

a diet coke!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    God why can't they just make one with splenda.

Aspartame gives me headaches.

I stay away from artificial sweetners. On a side note, aspartame scares me and splenda scares me even more. Splenda is made using chlorine. I might just be a hypo water with a splash of grape juice for me
    >-<->-<->Lift long and prosper<->-<->-<->
    Age 21, Weight 178, Height 5'11.5
    Recent Pics
    Food Journal

mmmmmmm........Yea barkeep, I'll take a clorox and coke, please.

DJ

I'm sure you've accidentally consumed more chlorine through pool water, than the sum of your lifetime consumption of artificial sweeteners.

Surprisingly we are not dead, nor is average life expectancy dramatically reduced.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Coke Zero is Euro-Diet Coke, aka Coke Light.
    Last edited by MixmasterNash; 02-20-2006 at 01:03 PM.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

That is incorrect.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    I'm sure you've accidentally consumed more chlorine through pool water, than the sum of your lifetime consumption of artificial sweeteners.

Surprisingly we are not dead, nor is average life expectancy dramatically reduced.

or in salt. Sodium CHLORIDE. it's not even the complete molecule, just part of it, in Splenda, that is.
    Last edited by ReelBigFish; 02-20-2006 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by brickt.

This isn't rocket surgury.

Geez, what would you know?

But how is Zero different? It's not the same formula, sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium? Anyway, it appears to be more similar to Coke Light than Diet Coke.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Coke with splenda has been available here for awhile. Is not available in other parts of the country? Its by far my favorite when it comes to diet sodas. The diet rite line of sodas also uses splenda.
    Nick V

I know a little.

Not the same formula.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    I know a little.

Not the same formula.
    I knew it! You guys are adding cocaine again!!!!

Best thing to do is mix the coke zero and coke together. It spreads out the sugar a little bit.

^^?

I drink coke zero because it has no sugar. Normal soft drink is the devil.

That being said, coke zero is awesome. Sprite zero is even better.

I use lots of artificial sweetener and I'm not dead. Drink your chemically altered coke.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

Bet you are wrong! hah i never ever put pool water in my mouth, or drink city water, and i am getting a filter for my shower. Today you never know what does what with the life expectancy...i have had 3 friends die of cancer. Drink all the artificial stuff you want but not me. Better safe than sorry. Here are some links... the 2nd one seems better than the 1st. They might be right and they might be wrong but im not gona risk it
    http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/100.html
    http://www.splendaexposed.com/articl...al_toxici.html
    http://www.splendaexposed.com/articl...ine/index.html
    Last edited by DumbDude; 02-20-2006 at 03:39 PM.
    Recent Pics
    Food Journal

Quote Originally Posted by DumbDude
    Bet you are wrong! hah i never ever put pool water in my mouth, or drink city water, and i am getting a filter for my shower. Today you never know what does what with the life expectancy...i have had 3 friends die of cancer. Drink all the artificial stuff you want but not me. Better safe than sorry. Here are some links... the 2nd one seems better than the 1st. They might be right and they might be wrong but im not gona risk it
    http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/100.html
    http://www.splendaexposed.com/articl...al_toxici.html
    http://www.splendaexposed.com/articl...ine/index.html
    I am not going to click on these links that prey on ignorance. I'd bet it's all funded by the sugar industry, just like all the voodoo tests so many people buy into because they lack the ability to critically think.

As for the rest of your statements, lol, if you want to live in a bubble that's your choice. Enjoy living potentially 6-8 months longer with a much lower quality of life. Or...perhaps die many years earlier because your body isn't as well adapted to fight off infections and other such things that the rest of us are subjected to.

I always lmao at the doom and gloom sayers of society, that base their entire lifes habits on statements that always begin with, "may or may not lead to..."

I prefer to examine facts, and trust in science, not voodoo, and like to examine what I read and come to my own conclusions, instead of being spoon-fed what to think, and how to act for the entire duration of my life.

But that's just me.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Grasshoppa
    Coke Zero or Diet Pepsi (or Diet Pepsi Twist)....best ever. Haven't drank regular soda in awhile.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I am not going to click on these links that prey on ignorance. I'd bet it's all funded by the sugar industry, just like all the voodoo tests so many people buy into because they lack the ability to critically think.

As for the rest of your statements, lol, if you want to live in a bubble that's your choice. Enjoy living potentially 6-8 months longer with a much lower quality of life. Or...perhaps die many years earlier because your body isn't as well adapted to fight off infections and other such things that the rest of us are subjected to.

I always lmao at the doom and gloom sayers of society, that base their entire lifes habits on statements that always begin with, "may or may not lead to..."

I prefer to examine facts, and trust in science, not voodoo, and like to examine what I read and come to my own conclusions, instead of being spoon-fed what to think, and how to act for the entire duration of my life.

But that's just me.
    Yeah haha... you are so closed minded that you cant even click a link and read another side of a story.... yeah and I am living in a bubble. I agree most "dot com's" are money hungry. However, peer reviewed medical literature using MEDLINE.... is hardly just silly claims. And if you want to be one of the guys that lets the FDA ect... make all the decisions about his life, go for it.
    Recent Pics
    Food Journal

So you think the soft drink industry had a grand strategy to kill off all of their consumers?
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.