Thread: 12 week mass gain on to 12 week cut phase

Wannabebig Member

12 week mass gain on to 12 week cut phase

Mass gain is over. Now for the hard part.

Start weight @ 171 b/f 16 % approx, end weight @ 238 23-24 b/f % approx.

Height 6'0"

I would like to try a go at a carb cycle program but I can't seem to find one that fits for me. I'm also scard about not taking enough protein.

I was thinking of something along the lines.

125G carb light day, 175 G carb heavy day, 100 G off day. 1 tsp Glutamine, Multivitamin, 3 tabs fish oil.

Breakfast:
    6 egg whites, 2 yolks, 1 cup oatmeal/ w raisins.

Workout 1 hour later.

Post workout 50 - 60 G protein shake + Banana

Midmorning:
    Protein Shake 40 - 60 G and a banana/apple.

Noon:
    Chicken Breast 1 cup asparagus

Afternoon:
    Chicken Breast 1 cup asparagus

Evening:
    Chicken Breast 1 Baked Potato no butter/salt/s/c. 1 glass of fat free milk

Before Bed:
    Nite-Time Protein.

Would this be advisable ?

Phatboy
    You gained 60 lbs in 12 weeks, or did I read that wrong? Honestly bro, I would wait before cutting. I would maintain your weight at least for a little while, so your body can get used to the extra weight. Not only that, but a bulking diet straight to a fairly extreme cutting diet is probably too big of a difference in daily calories to jump into.

Bottom line, I would drop your cals to maintenance level, and stay there for a while. Then I would start to drop cals slowly.

Of course you probably don't want to do this because of spring break and whatever coming up...whatever floats your boat dude. I understand the desire to do it. IMO it just isn't the healthiest way.

Oh yeah, you really should up the good dietary fat in your diet. Up the fish oil a bit (I consider a minimum to be around 6), and get some olive oil in there.

Yea man something isn't right. You gained 60 lbs in 12 weeks, from your bf stats thats like 30lbs of fat and 30lbs of muscle. I dont think you can gain 30 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by gator
    Yea man something isn't right. You gained 60 lbs in 12 weeks, from your bf stats thats like 30lbs of fat and 30lbs of muscle. I dont think you can gain 30 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks.
    You can with test...

I have test. It comes from my balls.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Wannabebig Member
    I was pressed for time to post because work was about over. Anyways, I had lifted for a couple years before this 12 week mass phase. A lot of what I had gained back was from muscle memory. That and I know what works for my body in that aspect. I've just never attempted anysort of a cutting phase =[.

I didn't use AAS, although after another year of consistent traning I may give it a try. But I digress, just wanted to give ya all a little clarification. Thanks in advance !

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks a lot Mike, I will do just that. And yeah, you hit it bang on. I wanted to go to the extreme to get cut for spring time and what not. But you are right in assuming that the shock would be too great.

I suppose I need to slowly decrease my cals, and yeah I'll throw in some more fish oil and olive oil. Perhaps some sunflower seeds. Anywhoo thanks a lot bro.