Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Logo Should I Use?

Which Logo Should I Use?

Ok, so now that my PT businessis up and functional I've turned my attention towards getting a Boot camp up and running as well. I am in the provces of making a site and have had some logos created. Please help me choose which one I should go with.

I should mention that this is the first of two boot camps I will be running. The first one is called, "Fitness Boot Camp." It's geared towards the 30-50 year old crowd. I will use med balls, bodyweight circuits, incorperate Cross Fit type workouts etc into the sessions.

The second one which I have not yet started one is called, "Iron Worx Boot Camp" and is for police officers, martial artists, fire fighters athletes, basically anyone who is in top shape but wants to be in even better shape. I will be using kegs, tires, sledge hammers, sleds, and other stuff as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 02-21-2006 at 04:27 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

I like bottom 2. Top one I am not a huge fan of.

I also saw a cool idea (may not be new, but new to me) called Bride Bootcamp, too. Gets bride in shape for her big day.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

#1: I like this one!

#2: I really don't like the "fitness" font. I do like the tag idea. Maybe too much glimmer and shine, though.

#3: Not a big fan of the picture, but the fonts are good.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Btw, I like #2. I think though it needs something added to it though. Maybe a dumbbell in the background?? I was thinking of using the font of the word "Bootcamp" in design #3 in the #2.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 02-21-2006 at 04:44 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

i like 2 the best

it needs to be focused a bit more imo. i think there is too much background.

obviously you need some of the chain to drive home the dog tag idea, but if you could cut out some if the background it would be better.
    the fear of losing removes the desire to win

I definitely like #2 the best as is
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Same here, #2 seems perfect as is. Great idea by the way, best of luck to you Maki.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

I like number 2 the best also but it seems a bit feminine. Try to dull the metal and make the metal string longer to look like a dogtag necklace instead of a bracelet. Also I would change the font in the fitness.
    God created liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the world.

I like either #1 or #2, not so sure about #3. I'm leaning more towards #2. Good luck with your business!

I like #2. The only thing I thought at first sight was the chain looked like pearls more than a chain. But, my glasses are at work.

I like #1. I don't like #2 at all. Looks too glossy
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

bottom one rocks
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

#2, but maybe without the shining disc underneath it (i.e. no background). Just the tag. Also, maybe a bit more colour, or something. A darker border around the outside of the tag would make it look more defined.

1 & 3 are ok, and would look good on a shirt, with a few color changes. On a web site the'll look fine. 2 is a little prissy which may be what your going for.
    Face it: biceps are the muscle that classifies you as a muscle man.

Striding across the fields, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Clawhammer! And he gives a bloodthirsty bellow:

"As sure as predators devour prey, I shall paint the town a sanguine shade of doom!!!"
    Hilarity

I like nr.3

It is the most "visible" with the comfortable and soft background.

And not everybody will understand at once, is it a normal bootcamp, a gym?

The sit ups guy sorta explains it.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I like the 3rd one

First one looks too weird, second one is too glossy.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

#1 and #3 are my favourites.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

#2 because of the dog tag. maybe fix it so it doesnt look like a pearl necklace though.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Number 2 gets my vote. It leaps out the most for me. I'd suggest adding more detail or contrast to the chain though.

the first one caught my eye, so i'll say the first one
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

the 2nd one is a bit too much. logos work best if they are simple. although i like the concept

3rd one looks great, love the font. it also was the first one i noticed
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Put the font of "fitness" from 3 to the rest of 1 and you're gold.

I think you have to have army font no matter what design you go with...

#1 is good, but I don't like the guy w. cables.

#2 is just too polished to be a dogtag.

I'd choose #3 I guess, but I'm not a big fan of the figure. I like the "bootcamp" font, but it needs to be army font with the spraypaint effect IMHO.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBull
    I like number 2 the best also but it seems a bit feminine.
    You say this like it's a BAD thing ...

My vote is for the dogtag.