Thread: Is this weight drop healthy?

Hybrid View

is way too skinny!

Is this weight drop healthy?

I just started my diet yeseterday and I weighed in at 191.6 lbs 18% b/f according to my log on FitDay , now I am 189.4 lbs with 17.5% b/f. Is this possible?

I have been eating pretty good lately, but I wouldn't think THAT good.

Should I be very careful or what? Am I in danger of losing muscle mass??

Today here are my figures..

~2,020 cals
    97gs fat
    106gs carbs
    178gs protein

I didn't work out today either. I wanted to take 2 rest days before I went back (I hit chest monday, legs tuesday).

Any advice is greatful and of course appreciated.

Thanks,

John
    Squat = Not enough
    DL = Not enough
    Bench = Not enough

Big 3 = Not enough

Coulda been water weight. At any given time you can really be up or down 3lbs, I believe it is. But I'm not sure, so don't take what I say as gospel
    5'8" 210 lbs.

The Bulk continues.

is way too skinny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul Train
    Coulda been water weight. At any given time you can really be up or down 3lbs, I believe it is. But I'm not sure, so don't take what I say as gospel
    That is what I am thinking, but this is usually a LOT less in comparison to what I do eat.. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was for real, just want to make sure it is healthy.
    Squat = Not enough
    DL = Not enough
    Bench = Not enough

Big 3 = Not enough

The Big Wang
    i think it's very normal.

3 pounds is about right.. i fluster about that..

at any given day.. i fluctuate from 172 - 178.. it's awesome

and normal. it's just water weight.. it dont matter that much
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.

I don't understand the reason for alarm? If you weigh yourself often you'll come to see how much water weight one can have. Time of day matters as well. I'm normally 185ish in the morning and just under 190 at night.
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

is way too skinny!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndresC
    I don't understand the reason for alarm? If you weigh yourself often you'll come to see how much water weight one can have. Time of day matters as well. I'm normally 185ish in the morning and just under 190 at night.
    I'm sorry, I'm just not used to this. That is all.

How about the 1/2% drop in body fat though? I use the scale at home as a measure. It was at 19%, then 18%, now 17.5%. Should I buy a more accurate tool?

My water % was 66% on the scale last night too. So I thought that was right on target too.

Once again, thanks for the replies,

John
    Squat = Not enough
    DL = Not enough
    Bench = Not enough

Big 3 = Not enough

Quote Originally Posted by 1997T-Bird
    I'm sorry, I'm just not used to this. That is all.

How about the 1/2% drop in body fat though? I use the scale at home as a measure. It was at 19%, then 18%, now 17.5%. Should I buy a more accurate tool?

My water % was 66% on the scale last night too. So I thought that was right on target too.

Once again, thanks for the replies,

John
    Those scales have their flaws. I have a Tanita scale that I use. I primarily use it for my weight. I do note my BF% but merely for consistency purposes. I use my BF calipers when I really want to know what my BF% is.

Something I've noticed is this,
    Wake up in the morning and check weight on scale. Note BF is 15%
    Take a shower and step on the scale again. My BF will almost ALWAYS be less. It has something to do with how hot your body is and your resting heart rate. If you check your BF via the scale after running it will vary just like the shower. I've seen a change from 16% to 8% on my scale within a day LOL. Do not trust them as far as BF%'s go
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

so your using a scale that tells you your bf% and so on? those can be very inaccurate, if your dehydrated etc. Don't sweat it, i bet it will be back up in a few days.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

I fluctuate nearly 20lbs, so no thats not unusual. Yesterday i was 264, i wake up today and im 249. Go figure.

Im about to go drink a gallon of water....later.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.

Getting Bigger Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shansen008
    I fluctuate nearly 20lbs, so no thats not unusual. Yesterday i was 264, i wake up today and im 249. Go figure.

Im about to go drink a gallon of water....later.
    i fluctuate a lot too, its kinda wierd but i dont mind it. ITs only like 5 or 6 pounds though not 20

is way too skinny!
    Where do you get BF Calipers at?

My #1 goal out of all of this is the 6 pack. I want abs. I am so freaking tired of this little.. well blob thing, its just "there" its not BAD, but its not great either.

I just want to know what the hell its going to take to get it. BF% reduction I know, but a # would be great.
    Squat = Not enough
    DL = Not enough
    Bench = Not enough

Big 3 = Not enough