Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Social Experiment #1 : The Blind Date

Xian, I think you should add "Constant Movie Quoter" to the list. Hell as much movies as a lot of us watch, somebody HAS to be able to memorize a **** load of quotes and just throw them out constantly during the date.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Okay here's my real idea:
    Incompetent magician, a la GOB from Arrested Development.

If you can work in shooting pennies, a dead Dove in your pants, a racist black puppet, and a boombox playing "The Final Countdown," I'll buy you beer for a year.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Okay here's my real idea:
    Incompetent magician, a la GOB from Arrested Development.

If you can work in shooting pennies, a dead Dove in your pants, a racist black puppet, and a boombox playing "The Final Countdown," I'll buy you beer for a year.
    I believe I can handle that.

What about the guy who incessanly flirts with the waitress (or any available woman), and is CONSTANTLY checking out ass througout the evening, amking little sounds like "ooh," "nice," and "boy I'd like to hit that," under his breath..

Sleazy guy?
    Last edited by Patz; 02-24-2006 at 12:32 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Banned
    16. Nonstop movie quoter

i am this guy. people hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Sleazy guy?
    Chris
    Josh
    Bud
    Christian
    Pat
    Mase
    Jake
    etc.
    etc.
    WBB

Who else am I leaving out?

I don't like a lot of these caricatures, primarily because I think you've got to have a persona that you can fashion a whole date around, and, two, it's got to be something that will make the girl uncomfortable but not willing to end it immediately. Really, Pirate guy or Pink Panther Guy probably wouldn't be something that would work. A girl's gonna see through it real quick and, depending on the girl, perhaps leave very quickly.

Ones I like:

OCD Guy
    Know it all guy
    Mouth Breather
    Paranoid Guy
    Itenerary Guy (has everything planned out, begins to lose it when things don't go according to plan)
    Overzealous Guy

I think all of those would be easy enough to maintain for an entire date, while also -- of course -- maintaining the date. I think it'd be a mistake to hollywoodize our perception of how something like corny joke guy or curse guy would play out. In either case, it's possible that the girl might not care that much or, alternatively, it might be hard for the field/op to maintain the character.

As far as judging goes, I really think length of the date and overall hilarity should outweigh what character a person picks.

Just so we're clear, I'm 100% down to do this.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Does this count as a contractual agreement? Do you even realize how much beer I drink?

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Does this count as a contractual agreement? Do you even realize how much beer I drink?
    It's completely worth it if you can say, "If you didn’t have adult onset diabetes, I wouldn’t mind giving you a little sugar."

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Xian, I URGE you to read "The Diceman," by Luke Rhinehart. Very similar concept.

My vote goes to Fundamentalist Ja-Ho-Vah's (sp) Witness.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

I don't like a lot of these caricatures, primarily because I think you've got to have a persona that you can fashion a whole date around, and, two, it's got to be something that will make the girl uncomfortable but not willing to end it immediately. Really, Pirate guy or Pink Panther Guy probably wouldn't be something that would work. A girl's gonna see through it real quick and, depending on the girl, perhaps leave very quickly.

Ones I like:

OCD Guy
    Know it all guy
    Mouth Breather
    Paranoid Guy
    Itenerary Guy (has everything planned out, begins to lose it when things don't go according to plan)
    Overzealous Guy

I think all of those would be easy enough to maintain for an entire date, while also -- of course -- maintaining the date. I think it'd be a mistake to hollywoodize our perception of how something like corny joke guy or curse guy would play out. In either case, it's possible that the girl might not care that much or, alternatively, it might be hard for the field/op to maintain the character.

As far as judging goes, I really think length of the date and overall hilarity should outweigh what character a person picks.

Just so we're clear, I'm 100% down to do this.
    I do agree with most of what you've said, but I do think that some of the personas could be adapted by the right "actor." I don't think pirate guy would do too well, but curse guy could be very, very funny if done right. Especially if you drop the "c" nuke a lot.

This is going to be entirely amusing. I'm going to look into a camera purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by brickt.
    Xian, I URGE you to read "The Diceman," by Luke Rhinehart. Very similar concept.

My vote goes to Fundamentalist Ja-Ho-Vah's (sp) Witness.
    Looking into it now.

Quote Originally Posted by xian
    I do agree with most of what you've said, but I do think that some of the personas could be adapted by the right "actor." I don't think pirate guy would do too well, but curse guy could be very, very funny if done right. Especially if you drop the "c" nuke a lot.
    I agree that a lot of it's going to be in the artistry of pulling something off, I just happen to think that curse guy or a couple of others would be very likely to fail in actual use. That's just my personal opinion, I suppose.

Who else is actually in for this ****? Nash, I know you have a "girlfriend" and you're a "nice" person, but

(a) She'll understand or
    (b) She never needs to know and
    (c) Suck it up
    Last edited by MM; 02-24-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Who else is actually in for this ****? Nash, I know you have a "girlfriend" and you're a "nice" person, but

(a) She'll understand or
    (b) She never needs to know and
    (c) Suck it up
    Yeah, but internet dating is weird. And leaves a paper trail.

Swearing guy is great.
    cell phone guy
    b.s guy, tell outrageous stories
    farting guy
    smelly guy, don't shower for a week, no colonge and a cardio session before hand
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRic
    This could turn out to be the greatest thread in internet history.

Xian is kinda hot right now.

I'm the new fad.

Haha.

Alternating between a Fundie J. Witness and a male nymphomaniac every 30 minutes.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

Quote Originally Posted by xian
    Alright kids, the time has come for our first social experiment. As money mike has suggested, the theme of this exercise is to secure a blind date with a girl from the Internet and take on a particular role for the duration of the date.

Example roles would include :
    1. Pirate Guy
    2. Mouth Breather
    3. Paranoid Pete
    4. Emotional Wreck
    5. Disagree with everything guy (Know-It-All)
    6. Bathroom every 5 minutes guy
    7. Afraid of human contact guy
    8. Forgetful Guy
    9. OCD Guy
    10. Curse Guy
    11. Overzealous Guy
    12. Sexual Innuendo Guy
    13. Corny joke guy
    14. Really annoying laugh guy
    15. Religious or Political Fanatic Guy
    16. Nonstop movie quoter
    17. Incompetent Magician
    18. Sleazy guy (hitting on other girls)
    I've already mastered doing 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 simultaneously--though a lifetime of practice.

What would I win?

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

I'm shockingly un-sleazy when it comes to women. And I never hit on girls. I demand to be stricken from your list, Chris.

And, oh, I can't participate. If I got any kind of date I would be so shocked that all of my well-rehearsed lines would shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh BDK
    And, oh, I can't participate. If I got any kind of date I would be so shocked that all of my well-rehearsed lines would shatter.
    As if you need to remember lines to be a epileptic, assless chaps wearing drunk who gave himself a double dose of roofies before the date.

Grasshoppa
    One upper guy
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

That guy isn't on the list, Nash.

Xian, so hot right now, Xian.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh BDK
    That guy isn't on the list, Nash.
    Sh*t.

Okay, I've got it!

You have to go as another WBB member. Think how awesome it would be to go in character as Budiak! You could talk about photography, angst, deliveries, and photography of angst.

Or Rock! You could talk in a funny Norwegian accent and say things like "I will throw you in the hundestillegen now!"

Paul Stagg! "Property rights are inherent in the social context of ordering this 32oz steak."

MM! "Oh, my girly shoulder hurts so much that I made out with six women last night and then drank away the shame."