The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow.

Your Chris Mason made me piss my track pants.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Okay, I've got it!

You have to go as another WBB member. Think how awesome it would be to go in character as Budiak! You could talk about photography, angst, deliveries, and photography of angst.

MM! "Oh, my girly shoulder hurts so much that I made out with six women last night and then drank away the shame."

Awesome idea!

I think perhaps I'll go as you, which involves me losing ~25lbs of lean muscle and wearing a Deanie Beanie to dinner. This is going to be sweet.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Why keep it exclusive to blind internet dates? It'd be amusing to see if someone could pull a number with some of those gimmicks.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Awesome idea!

I think perhaps I'll go as you, which involves me losing ~25lbs of lean muscle and wearing a Deanie Beanie to dinner. This is going to be sweet.
    Yeah, but at least you wouldn't cry yourself to sleep afterwards.

i just saw Meat Beat Manifesto so I'm feeling feisty.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

What's a mouth breather?

Quote Originally Posted by noahfor123
    What's a mouth breather?
    It is the epitome of a self-explanatory expression.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

riprogrammazione
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    What about the guy who incessanly flirts with the waitress (or any available woman), and is CONSTANTLY checking out ass througout the evening, amking little sounds like "ooh," "nice," and "boy I'd like to hit that," under his breath..

Sleazy guy?
    Problem with that is that it might end up in getting some bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Yeah, but at least you wouldn't cry yourself to sleep afterwards.
    That's the last time I ever tell you something private.

I didn't know breathing through the mouth was a thing. Does everyone breath through their noses? I'm a freak, a freaking mouth breather.

Well, I'm single and pretty good at keeping my composure, but I think that my overly-feminine personality might feel bad for the girl.

Has nobody thought of the women? Or the emotional homosexuals (me, Russow) ?

...just being realistic. How many of us are sadistic enough not to have a shred of pity?

(I say this in terms of the humans.. I'm aware that Nash and MM are androgynous robots.)

ADDENDUM: That said, this idea sounds hilarious, and if I can convince myself to adapt a more "hey, it's just a joke, her feelings won't be that hurt" attitude, I'd love to participate.
    Last edited by Organichu; 02-25-2006 at 11:39 AM.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

After she leaves, you can give her a card with the website address on it or something. I'll put up a page explaning it was a social experiment and they were chosen at random, so not to have any hard feelings. k?

Quote Originally Posted by xian
    After she leaves, you can give her a card with the website address on it or something. I'll put up a page explaning it was a social experiment and they were chosen at random, so not to have any hard feelings. k?
    *sniffs*

It might be okay. I have to take her for a makeover or something similar, afterwards. The humanity.

****'em. I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

For me, I'm imagining that it will be almost absurdist-noir ****. This'll probably be the first girl I've been really, significantly attracted to in two years, but I'll have to act like a nerdy idiot-savant just to prove to myself that I'm more than human.

Probably not what Nietzsche had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Organichu
    Has nobody thought of the women? Or the emotional homosexuals (me, Russow) ?
    You're confusing my excellent sense of style and metrosexualness with the emotions that come from your vagina. Assuming that I'm anything other than a ruthless hunter is a mistake that women have made and regretted. Don't be a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Russow
    You're confusing my excellent sense of style and metrosexualness with the emotions that come from your vagina. Assuming that I'm anything other than a ruthless hunter is a mistake that women have made and regretted. Don't be a woman.
    But they smell so goo-

I'll take your word for it.

Russow, are you committed to doing this? Pimp.

Your post about proving that you're more than human has inspired me.

Yeah man. I consider this a true test of whether or not I am as impressive as I know I am.

You can't delete them all, by the way.

I think this would be funny. It would also be funny is someone did a gay version of this too :P I"d do it but my man won't let me hehe

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Haha, that might work out well actually.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

This idea was pure genius. Whatever happened to it?

No one would shell out for the video camera for the evidence portion. I'm still down, but not a lot of time right now since I'm moving. I actually have a new female accomplice who is more than willing to assist with things like this, so it can be even better.

Tape recorder would work, but how do you get the recording from the recorder to the computer?

I'm still willing to do it, and I think the answer is craigslist.com. Free, easy, regional, lots of girls looking in well populated areas.

I have a Social Experiment #2 idea all ready to go as well, but we gotta do this one first.

Banned
    I can't believe I didn't notice this thread before. Great idea. Properly documented, you have a bad reality tv series in the making that would be cancelled after one season but what the hell.

Some other ideas:
    - Sniffs everything guy
    - Frequent ball-scratching guy
    - Cellphone guy (have a friend call you every 5 minutes)
    - Narcissist guy (primp/flex/pose in every reflective surface ... not a stretch for some of us here, I'm sure)
    - Doesn't know he's gay guy
    - The Breast Starer
    - Always Wears Sunglasses Guy
    Last edited by Relentless; 06-13-2006 at 06:10 AM.