Thread: Shoes?

Wannabebig Member

Shoes?

I've been using boots for lifting, but recently I haven't been able to get a good base with any of the boots I have. I borrowed my friend's Adidas weightlifting shoes, and I felt alot more solid. He told me he got them on the internet, and I was wondering where I could buy some weightlifting shoes at? I had a bunch of sites a while ago, but lost them, lol.
    Stats:
    17 yrs old
    180 lbs
    5'10"

Maxes :
    Squat:500
    Bench: 250
    Clean:245
    Dead Lift: 515

Running PRs (without wind):
    40m: 4.39
    100m: 10.86 FAT::::10.62 Handtime

Chuck Taylor All Stars, its what I lift in, great stabilility and tough as nails.
    Joe.
    Joe
    STATS
    HEIGHT-5'8"
    Weight-202 lbs (drop to 198 for meets)
    gym-meet
    SQUAT- 520-555 <going for 600 april 1st>
    BENCH- 365-350< going for 380 or better april 1st>
    DEAD- 455-480<going for 500 the 1st>
    TOTAL- 1315-1320

Play Center for New Caney High School

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    www.otomix.com they have a good variety of lifting shoes and they make some of the shoes that end up carrying the Adidas label (they are also sold on this site).
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

www.weightliftingshoes.ca

These shoes are quality. My coach used to co-own the company. We've got lifters who've had them for years and they're still in good shape.

Just get some converse.

I would say the converse. You can even pick up a cheaper pair of knock off brand at walmart. I use a pair old wrestling shoes for the squat and so far so good.
    Kevin are you using anything different for deadlifts? I know some use the little footy socks or thin sole.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/products/shoesFR.html

If you are going to be using the shoes for PL exclusively, you might also consider the shoes made by Rickey Dale Crain (at Crain's Muscle World, I think) or Safe USA.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Chucks. $25-30 at any sporting goods store.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    I would say the converse. You can even pick up a cheaper pair of knock off brand at walmart. I use a pair old wrestling shoes for the squat and so far so good.
    Kevin are you using anything different for deadlifts? I know some use the little footy socks or thin sole.
    Nope, converse for squats, converse for deads, and converse for bench.. why? ... why not?

So is the purpose of these shoes to give you a more stable base and to give you a better feel for the floor? I look them up on google but it just comes up with the different stores, they never explain what they actually do.
    22 y/o, 6'1, ~205 lbs
    508/303/557

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke
    Nope, converse for squats, converse for deads, and converse for bench.. why? ... why not?
    I've said this before and everyone's probably aware of my opinion of Chucks, but I'll share it again:

Let me just preface this by saying I love Westside and I am well aware of the arguments for using Chucks, but I totally disagree with their (and everyone else's) idea about what is appropriate footwear for squatting. No one would want to squat standing in sand or on a wrestling mat, so why in the world would anyone purposely choose a shoe that provides an unstable base of support?
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Well, I wanted to buy the Metal squat shoes. But they's dang expensive!

I see what you're saying Sensei. But I can't fight what works. I'd rather be squatting barefoot, but that's not allowed.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

If I had money i'd get a nice pair of lifting shoes, but im bummin money just for gas.

Wannabebig Member
    Alright, thanx guys. I got a pair of Chucks today, and I also ordered a cheap pair of adidas for my olympic lifts. Thanks for the tips and links everyone!
    Stats:
    17 yrs old
    180 lbs
    5'10"

Maxes :
    Squat:500
    Bench: 250
    Clean:245
    Dead Lift: 515

Running PRs (without wind):
    40m: 4.39
    100m: 10.86 FAT::::10.62 Handtime

chucks are ok for deadlifts. you can find deadlift slippers for even cheaper though.

chucks are horrible for squats im, you have no support at all on your ankles. i use high top basketballshoes and boots in competition for squat.

for bench it doesnt even make a difference. i bench in my moccasins all the time.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

I wear Converse basketball shoes (not chucks). I agree, I like ankle support when squatting. The Converse have a flat sole and good support.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Banned

i use these they are awsome.

also,