The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

anyone keep a notebook (not necessarily a training journal)

i was just wondering if anyone else does stuff like i do. i have a notebook i keep, and when im in class i sit and write stuff about lifting, basically anything i think of...ideas on training, diet, supplements, stuff i wanna try or think may work. motivational stuff. etc...does anyone else do this and if so, what kinda stuff do you put in it?
    the grass could be greener, and itll always be greener on the other side, but you just never know....this could be the one

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The only time I have did that was when I was either:
    a.) in iss (in school suspension -all the time anymore)
    or
    b.) in alternative (basicly the same thing as iss -for about 7 months)

I just wrote a ton of new routines, different goals I would like to accomplish & a drew a bunch of stupid pictures.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 02-27-2006 at 08:43 AM.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

the one: sounds like a great idea (as long as you are not missing any important notes in class!). Put anything in there you want--anything you are thinking or feeling, too.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

yeah im def missing notes but who cares its mostly in stupid classes that arent even for my major (i know still importnat). plus these are great to look back to for motivation or just for fun
    the grass could be greener, and itll always be greener on the other side, but you just never know....this could be the one

Wannabebig Member
    It's funny that you mention this. For the last week I have been writing a stream of conscious style journal during my classes. Most of the actual content seems to be focused on what I have been doing with my diet and lifting and how it will affect my goals for the future. I am constantly at war with myself because I don't know if I want to cut or bulk right now. I tried a bulk last semester and it got sloppy. I ended up gaining alot of fat along with the muscle. I've since cut my way down to the same weight as before the bulk while keeping the majority of the muscle, so my bodyfat has decreased overall. Spring Break is coming up and I'm not sure another bulk is in order just yet!

Sorry to derail your thread, but it was pertinent enough thinking for me to write it down the first time, so maybe an extra set of eyes and ears will lend some sage advice.

Keep up the journal! I know I will be.

Every once in a while I start creating graphs for different sorts of functions in my lifting journal. For example I did a rough sketch of what a "Calories vs. Fat-to-Muscle Ratio Added" graph where the origin was at maintenance calories.

I created some other ones but I don't remember them off the top of my head.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I have two notebooks. One is just a small one that I use while training. The other is a huge 5 subject book that I write my planned workouts, diet, injury history, notes on form and technique, attach articles jot down quotes or thoughts and just general notes.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

thats sweet drew, sounds very similar to mine